UK TV alert: MJ Simpsons episode Sunday

Yeah, and I only found it because I'm in the process of recording onto DVD all my old MJ VHS tapes. I got to the Simpsons episode this evening and I was annoyed that all I have is this poor quality copy. I decided I should be vigilant about checking the airings on Channel 4 ahead of time in case it's ever on again. And... tada... it's on in 2 days, lol! What are the chances of that? Cosmic timing.

Oh, and the other weird thing about it. My "first love" was definitely MJ. Then eventually I had my first big love in the form of a real boyfriend, lol, and we were together for several years. Well, I found out just recently that he died (wtf?!) in the summer 2007. So, I had to think recently that both the guys that were everything to me from age 12 to 20 are now both gone, having died from seemingly similar causes and far too young. What does that have to do with the Simpsons? Well, on this episode Michael is credited as "John Jay Smith" instead of his real name. Well, that happens to be the EXACT same name as my first boyfriend! Same spelling, full name, EXACTLY. And that is downright spooky. To me, at least.

Last edited:
Thank you for letting us know! I was only thinking about this episode the other day! I'll be watching. :)

Yeah, and I only found it because I'm in the process of recording onto DVD all my old MJ VHS tapes. I got to the Simpsons episode this evening and I was annoyed that all I have is this poor quality copy. I decided I should be vigilant about checking the airings on Channel 4 ahead of time in case it's ever on again. And... tada... it's on in 2 days, lol! What are the chances of that? Cosmic timing.

Oh, and the other weird thing about it. My "first love" was definitely MJ. Then eventually I had my first big love in the form of a real boyfriend, lol, and we were together for several years. Well, I found out just recently that he died (wtf?!) in the summer 2007. So, I had to think recently that both the guys that were everything to me from age 12 to 20 are now both gone, having died from seemingly similar causes and far too young. What does that have to do with the Simpsons? Well, on this episode Michael is credited as "John Jay Smith" instead of his real name. Well, that happens to be the EXACT same name as my first boyfriend! Same spelling, full name, EXACTLY. And that is downright spooky. To me, at least.

...speechless...

Back