UK TV ALERT: Friday 26/2 "The Other Michael Jackson"

The Ghost of Jealousy

Proud Member
First Cut revisits 1978, when two versions of Blame It on the Boogie went head-to-head in the charts: The Jackson Five against Mick Jackson from Yorkshire, who wrote the disco anthem.

In 1978 the two versions, Jackson v Jackson, battled it out in the charts. The press called it The Battle of the Boogie.

Mick's son Sam Peter Jackson, who was born in that year, travels to his father's farm in Germany to find out what went on behind the scenes when Mick and Michael went head to head.

Mick recalls how he nearly lost the deal because legendary producer Sylvester Levay wasn't initially keen on Boogie.

And before Mick's version was released, the song somehow passed into the hands of US superstars The Jackson Five, who decided to bring out their own version. It marked a turning point in their musical career, while simultaneously striking a death blow to Mick's.

Friday 26 February 7.35PM Channel 4

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZcDj46elLhQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZcDj46elLhQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Interesting show. The Jacksons made that song. Lol @ Michael in the hotel lift wanting his jumpsuit!!

Let us know what was said and what happened in the show!!!!!!

^They only focused on the Mick Jackson version...and why it flopped against the CBS power machine. :lol:
Really quite a pointless documentary. They played the song every 5 seconds. Putting the two versions sound by side just made the writer's one sound so weak!

^They only focused on the Mick Jackson version...and why it flopped against the CBS power machine. :lol:
Really quite a pointless documentary. They played the song every 5 seconds. Putting the two versions sound by side just made the writer's one sound so weak!

oh..so..it's the cbs power machine...not MJ's sonic genius...

oookkkkk

It's the fact that they pushed for the Jacksons to record/release it at the same time or something because it was good material for a "return" from their little dip in their music career.
Obviously the Jacksons/Michael added that extra sparkle. :)

I had a feeling that this programme was just going to be negative. Glad I didn't watch it now, but I may check out the YT clip, thanks. Blame it on the Boogie is one of my fav. Jackson songs.

It wasn't negative at all. Just said what happened back in the day, I had no idea about it, goot to know.

Back