27 Kasabian
Blur
Wilco

Top 40
35 MJ [History - Past Present and Future Book 1]
Friendly Fires
Moby
40 Bruce Springsteen [Working on a Dream]

I know it's early, but Mike's doing good in the singles chart so far.
the albums overall are doing well, but Number 1s is not on track to retain it's top position, which is a shame. I wonder if shop shortages are holding it back a little.

Anyway, TO ALL UK FANS who have not already bought Man In The Mirror from itunes (or other officially registered outlet), please do so. It would be a great tribute to Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, Rock and Soul if this single made it to number 1. It didn't achieve it first time around, so it would make it even sweeter.

PLEASE SPREAD THIS TO ANY OTHER MJ FAN BOARDS YOU VISIT!

Last edited:
I doubt MJ will have another Number 1 album until something new is released. Looks good for the Number 1 single this week, I get paid on friday so i'll buy MITM again.

They better get more in print! I went to HMV to buy History and they were like "It's on order, we'll have it sometime next week"

Geez they should just print like crazy.

Somebody on another forum pointed out to me that another contributing factor to the potential loss of the number 1 album spot is that there are too many hits albums.
So far in the top 5 there is 'Essential', 'KOP', and '1s'. If Sony hadn't released any more hits collections after 1s (and there was no real need to) then all sales would be concentrated on 1s and there would be much less chance of losing the top spot. Sony's reaping the financial benefit of all those sales, but it could cost Mike the glory of holding on for another week.
I just hope MITM can make the top this week to become his first No.1 in this millenium. Plus, it genuinely will be a new number one single if MITM does. IF it had been BJ for example, it's already been number 1 once, and might be discounted in future chart stats. However, as MITM has never been number 1 in the UK, it really will add to Mike's tally of number 1 singles.

Can we buy the singles in shops now? I hate downloads. Can we actually buy the singles :s? Please reply. or PM me... i'm so curious, i don't imagine they have MJ singles in the shops? i only have a few from charity shops ..

i will buy again love mitm can never have enough copies.
if we buy the albums off the internet like hmv site would they still count?

Sales will go through the roof again, when Michael's taken to Neverland and the funeral takes place.

God rest his soul.

I have already downloaded Man in the Mirror. Ill make sure i do it at least once more before the weekend

He was number 1 in albums before. Now he has 3 top 5 albums, but not number 1. If a lot of people got behind ONE album, ONE single, he'd be number one no doubt about it. But I do like seeing him all over the charts like this. I hope La Roux fans aren't having an opposing campaign

Things can go downhill after midweek, so people need to get buying. On the actual day they were saying MITM was fighting at the top with La Roux for no1... and it turned out 11th?!

Radio 1 knew MITM wasn't number 1 (or even top 10), but they just wanted to keep everyone listening. MITM was the number 1 single on 'The Big 40', which is used on all other radio stations and, correct me if I am wrong, has a wider listening audience than the Radio 1 chart show.

Considering MITM could not be bought in the shops, and its sales were largely accumulated over 2-3 days, I think it did fantastically well.

As I have said before, Michael's sales will 'spike' again this weekend after the massive coverage of the 'Return to Neverland' and the sad funeral.

Mike truly will be as large in live as he was in death, and his 'Legacy' will grow and grow.

In fact, why doesn't someone release an album called "Legacy"? It could be a mixture of old and unreleased songs!!

Considering MITM could not be bought in the shops, and its sales were largely accumulated over 2-3 days, I think it did fantastically well.

As I have said before, Michael's sales will 'spike' again this weekend after the massive coverage of the 'Return to Neverland' and the sad funeral.

Mike truly will be as large in live as he was in death, and his 'Legacy' will grow and grow.

In fact, why doesn't someone release an album called "Legacy"? It could be a mixture of old and unreleased songs!!

You're right, MITM did do very well considering there were only a couple of days of sales before the week ended.
And I do expect sales to spike again when the public viewing occurs on Friday, but lets not be complacent. Michael Jackson deserves a brand new number 1 single in the UK (MITM didn't do it first time around!)

As far as his legacy is concerned, I really think that depends on how his estate is managed. Elvis has been managed very well over the last couple of decades and has benefitted greatly from that. Unfortunately that isn't a guarantee for Mike. The vultures who surrounded him during life will also be circling now he is no longer with us.

You're right, MITM did do very well considering there were only a couple of days of sales before the week ended.
And I do expect sales to spike again when the public viewing occurs on Friday, but lets not be complacent. Michael Jackson deserves a brand new number 1 single in the UK (MITM didn't do it first time around!)

As far as his legacy is concerned, I really think that depends on how his estate is managed. Elvis has been managed very well over the last couple of decades and has benefitted greatly from that. Unfortunately that isn't a guarantee for Mike. The vultures who surrounded him during life will also be circling now he is no longer with us.

Agreed on the "..let's not be complacent." I just meant that it was inevitable that we would see an upsurge in sales - from non 'fans'.

I also agree on the 'Legacy', although I was talking more about the music and video he has left us rather than the money his estate could make.

One thing is for sure. Some people don't appreciate what they had till it's gone. The real fans knew it, but I think a lot of the world has realised too late!

Back