UK Midweek chart - bad news I'm afraid.

bobmoo79

Proud Member
Tuesday Midweek (18/08/09) - SALES DATA ADDED

As predicted, MJ has fallen off the top spot with a bump!

1 Calvin Harris 10.9k
2 Tinchy Stryder 9.9k (976 behind)
3 Beyonce 5.9k
4 Black Eyed Peas 5k
5 Michael Jackson 4.9k

Essential has sold far fewer copies than in previous weeks, so it's not just that the other albums are performing better than before. Mike would have even been in contention for the top spot last week! MJ is definitely on a sharp decline. Mike may be able to gain a place before the chart is announced at the weekend...

Wednesday Midweek (19/08/09) - SALES DATA ADDED

1 Calvin Harris 15.6k
2 Tinchy Stryder 14.6k
3 Beyonce 8.6k
4 Black Eyed Peas 7.3k
5 Michael Jackson 7.2k

Thursday Midweek (20/08/09) - SALES DATA ADDED

1 Calvin Harris 19.4k
2 Tinchy Stryder 17.9k
3 Beyonce 11.5k
4 Black Eyed Peas 9.6k
5 Michael Jackson 9.4k

Friday Midweek (21/08/09)

1 Calvin Harris 23.5k
2 Tinchy Stryder 21k
3 Beyonce 14.2k
4 Black Eyed Peas 12.2k
5 Michael Jackson 11.7k

Top 10
8 Kasabian

Top 15
13 Pink
14 James Morrison

Top 20
16 BAD
17 Daniel M
Killers (D&A)
20 U2 [NLOTH]

Top 30
23 Thriller
24 Vagabond
26 Little Boots
28 U2 [18S]
29 XX
Duffy

Top 40
32 Simian Mobile Disco
34 Off The Wall
39 Michael Jackson & Jackson 5 (Very Best Of)

Last edited:
its to be expected really. cant be number 1 on the charts forever. but it was an excellent run!

Bad news? His albums have been all over the charts for weeks now. Albums that came out years ago. So, he's not #1 anymore. Big deal. The way his music was really taken off since his unfortunate passing is nothing short of incredible.

Maybe near his birthday and his burial there may be a rise!

And also when the film is released

oh definitely! anniversary's, birthdates, when the film comes out - there will be spikes in sales

How can it have dropped so much already though.. makes me suspicious!

But yeh, wait until This Is It :D

Bad news is "The King of Pop dies suddenly," not declining sales.

He was #1 for 7 weeks with The Essential, and for another week with Number Ones thus taking his total reign at #1 to 8 consecutive weeks in the UK. That is an amazing statistic!

In the US, Jackson will also lose the top spot tomorrow however he will still have two(2) albums in the top 5. I expect a modest sales surge during the last week of October and first two weeks of November as This Is It takes over cinemas, giving Jackson more press.

I don't think that it was bad news because it was expected...

And I also think that there will be a rise when TII is released!!!

It had to come to an end at some point, Im really proud of him and the UK public for showing so much love and support.

He'll be back.

It's not bad news. MJ was at #1 for almost two months straight which is amazing. I'm so happy for him. GO MIKE!

Hi everyone. Don't lose faith in Michael, his music will last forever whilst others will become number one, They can never, in a million years break any of his records..We will be singing Heal the World for eons to come..

come on guys these are two big releases gonna sell well for maybe two weeks max - then maybe mike will back on top - good run apart from that michael jackson's this is it sound track is hopefully gonna sell well - and if a new song comes out as a single we might have a brand new number one album and single - long live the king

It's a bit sad but to be honest 8 weeks is a run that I don't think any of today's artists could even dream about :p
And this definitely won't be the last time we see Michael at no. 1 I'm sure of it :D

Bad news is "The King of Pop dies suddenly," not declining sales.

Thank you, I mean I'm glad he is selling exceptionally well but I'd rather be reading about him dancing his cute ass off on London stage than him being buried next Saturday :cry: :cry:

Thank you, I mean I'm glad he is selling exceptionally well but I'd rather be reading about him dancing his cute ass off on London stage than him being buried next Saturday :cry: :cry:

Agreed.
I am a (straight) bloke so I wouldn't comment on his or any other blokes ass, but I would rather he be on stage in London.

whether hes number one on the charts or not, he'll always be number one to me.

Back