Uk Chart Update?

TomV87

Proud Member
Does anyone have one for this week?

Would be interesting to see the sales after the funeral/memorial

I, myself haven't, although I've been in HMV both today and yesterday and saw a couple of people buy a whole stack of them.

Part of me wishes I didnt have all his back catalogue so I could join in but have had, Bad, Off The Wall, Essential, Number Ones, Dangerous and of course Thriller for several years now.

I'm expecting that sales will be even higher this week in the UK. Number Ones had tripled it sales in the US from last week.

I have 2 HMV stores where I live and I have been in both asking for MJ posters but they have both said that everything that they have which is MJ-related has unfortunately sold out. I guess this could mean albums and DVDs also.

I cant believe Man In The Mirror isnt number 1. EVERYONE freaking loves it at the moment.

I think Man In The Mirror is still in the running for being No.1 this week. For example, La Roux with her debut album was leading by quite a margin through most of the week, then suddenly over the last two days The Essential Michael Jackson leaped ahead. So don't rule out Man In The Mirror being No.1.

well we will not know till the charts are announced on Sunday, but man in the mirror slipped to #6 on itunes yesterday (before the memorial), but since has gone back up to #3.

its #2 in the charts (i.e position released form sunday) at the mo from last week (even tho it had gone down on itunes sales) so hopefully if people keep downloading, the UK can make man in the mirror #1

other than that his number ones was #1 in the albums chart last week, then this week the essential michael jackson is at #1 so hopefully one of his albums will remain at #1

i think his music is still dominating the charts though, which is amazing

Here you go.
An update will be released tomorrow after 10:30.

Wednesday Top 40 Update

Singles

1 Cascada 28.6k
2 La Roux 22.4k
3 Michael Jackson 19.5k
4 David Guetta feat. Kelly 16.2k
5 Lady GaGa 15.1k

Top 10
6 Chipmunk
Agnes
10 Jordin Sparks

Top 15
12 Black Eyed Peas (IGF)
La Roux

Top 20
16 Pitbull
18 Arctic Monkeys
MJ (SC)

Top 30
21 MJ (BJ)
MJ (TDCAU)
MJ (Thriller)

26 GaGa (Poker Face)
MJ (BoW)

Top 40
MJ (DD)
33 MJ (Beat It)

34 The Saturdays
Take That
37 VV Brown
MJ (Earth Song)
Noisettes
MJ (YANA)

============================================

Albums

1 Michael Jackson (The Essential) 38.4k
2 Florence & The Machine 35.4k
3 Michael Jackson (Off The Wall) 23k
4 Michael Jackson (Numbers 1's) 16.3k

5 La Roux 13.8k

Top 10
6 Michael Jackson (Thriller)
7 Michael Jackson (Thriller 25)

8 Cascada
Lady GaGa

Top 15
Take That
12 MJ 7 Jackson 5 (The Motown Years)
13 MJ (King of Pop)
15 MJ & Jackson 5 (The Very Best Of)

Top 20
18 MJ (History - Past Present and Future Book 1)

Top 30
26 Benny Andersson Band
27 Kings of Leon (Boxed)
30 Duckworth Lewis Method

Top 40
34 Gaslight Anthem
37 Hannah Montana (HM3 OST)
Take That (Never Forget - The Ultimate Collection)
40 Little Boots

oh and amazon in the UK sold out of all their MJ stuff recently, i got something ordered off their for myself and it took longer to arrive as they needed to get more MJ stock :)

Thanks for the info bobmoo79. Looks like Michael is dominating the album chart. It seems like the sales of Off The Wall and HIStory have jumped up big time. I know a lot of shops worldwide are stuggling to keep up the demand, they order a huge batch and then its gone in no time.

i asked my friend to get me off the wall on CD for my birthday, yay because of me i'm helping to get that up higher :p

sorry feel good moment, couldnt contain it :D

its good every1 is buying all mikes old stuff. brain wash them for any new stuff tht comes out!

My nearest HMV had MJ stuff when I went last week, but they weren't selling much to begin with. They only had OTW, Thriller, Dangerous, KOP compilation, and a MJ & J5 compilation for the CDs. Then for DVDs they had Moonwalker on dvd and like 1 copy of HIStory vol 2. No posters or anything else, but I didn't think to ask if they'd be getting other stuff in.

Back