3. (4) THRILLER (Michael Jackson) 205 wks

4. (5) THE MOTOWN YEARS (Michael Jackson & Jackson Five) 4 wks

5. (10) THE FAME (Lady Gaga) 27 wks

6. (12) SUNNY SIDE UP (Paolo Nutini) 7 wks

7. (3) OFF THE WALL (Michael Jackson) 193 wks

8. (6) LA ROUX (La Roux) 3 wks

9. (8) EVACUATE THE DANCEFLOOR (Cascada) 2 wks

10. (7) NUMBER ONES (Michael Jackson) 61 wks

Way to go UK! The British have always appreciated Michael.

1 Michael Jackson [The Essential] 92,368
3 Michael Jackson [Thriller] 23,590
4 Michael Jackson & The Jackson 5 [TMY] 22,239
7 Michael Jackson [Off The Wall] 19,677
10 Michael Jackson [#1's] 14,575

Still awesome 1 month after his death

Those are still great figures for almost 1 month after his death. He still has the #1 position in the country which is awesome news. Here in Canada, according to newly released data today...MJ has 7/10 top selling albums in the country (a brand new record).

What happened with the singles? Is he still all over the charts? I couldn't listen to it today. Heard MITM slipped to 11 though. Where do you find the whole chart - all 200 singles?

Was it last week he broke the record for most singles in the top 40? He had 13 i think, when previously it was 7 - held by Elvis.

What happened with the singles? Is he still all over the charts? I couldn't listen to it today. Heard MITM slipped to 11 though. Where do you find the whole chart - all 200 singles?

Was it last week he broke the record for most singles in the top 40? He had 13 i think, when previously it was 7 - held by Elvis.

Man In The Mirror is still in the top 10, its at No.8. If you want to check Michael's chart performance there is a stickied thread at the top of general discussion which is updated regularly.

1 Michael Jackson [The Essential] 92,368
3 Michael Jackson [Thriller] 23,590
4 Michael Jackson & The Jackson 5 [TMY] 22,239
7 Michael Jackson [Off The Wall] 19,677
10 Michael Jackson [#1's] 14,575

Still awesome 1 month after his death

Source, please.

Yay go UK! I went into Sainsbury's today to get a DVD, and when I passed the CD rack the chart was filled with MJ CD's. I don't know if they have their own charting system based on that store's sales or whatever, but it was completed dominated by Mike. Bad, OTW, Thriller and Dangerous were all their, didn't see HIStory or Invincible but I only had a quick glance. Hope that somehow he knows how appreciated his music is once more by the mass public.

It's great of course that Michael is all over the charts, I'm just a little confused as to why Bad and Dangerous haven't seemed to have charted since his death? Maybe everyone in England already owns a copy I suppose...

It's because those albums are classified as budget - i.e the wholesale cost to the retailer is less than £3.99 per unit. Budget albums aren't elligible to chart on the main UK album chart. It's a shame because if they were allowed to chart they would have certainly made it into the Top 15, maybe even Top 10 a couple of weeks running.

Back