U2 - 360 Tour

mo_rizwan

Proud Member
Anyone Going?

Just managed to get a ticket for Wembley Stadium, can't wait :)

Well, my show is in-between the MJ shows, so I wouldn't mind a bit of Rock this summer :)

Gonna see them 9 times ;): Berlin, Göteborg I+II, Gelsenkirchen, London I+II, Glasgow, Sheffield, and Cardiff.

I already got tickets for all shows except Berlin, Gelsenkirchen and London II.

YAY!

Gonna see them 9 times ;): Berlin, Göteborg I+II, Gelsenkirchen, London I+II, Glasgow, Sheffield, and Cardiff.

I already got tickets for all shows except Berlin, Gelsenkirchen and London II.

YAY!

Wow, congrats! Tickets are so very hard to get.

I'll see them in Milan (twice), Berlin, Gelsenkirchen and Zagreb (there may be two concerts as well). Maybe I'll try to get a ticket/hotel package for Amsterdam (both shows) with a friend of mine. I missed out on the general sale for Amsterdam because I had to work that day. I cannot wait for the tour. I'm very curious about the live renditions of the new songs.
Btw, new album and new tour next year. :punk:

Wow, congrats! Tickets are so very hard to get.

I'll see them in Milan (twice), Berlin, Gelsenkirchen and Zagreb (there may be two concerts as well). Maybe I'll try to get a ticket/hotel package for Amsterdam (both shows) with a friend of mine. I missed out on the general sale for Amsterdam because I had to work that day. I cannot wait for the tour. I'm very curious about the live renditions of the new songs.
Btw, new album and new tour next year. :punk:

Awesome, another major U2-MJ fan :cheers:

The US-Rolling Stone has got some details about the stage for the tour:

this is from a one-page article in the april 2, 2009 issue of rolling stone. the "how high is this claw" aspect is interesting because i am among those people wondering whether or not the claw will be blocking people's views of the stage - particularly people in the high up seats. but i guess this is not as much of an issue if the top of the claw is higher up than the highest seats.

how high up are the seats in the upper deck of the average stadium anyway?
- giants stadium is 144 ft high...

sc004865df.jpg

also, "each of the claw's four sides will have its own full-size sound system - each powerful enough for an entire arena. there will also be 72 separate subwoofers."

Source: http://scatterolight.blogspot.com/

Scans of the article: construction, articel itself

That will be massive :)

To built a stage like this without having it block anyone's view, no matter where you are seating or standing, is really a challenge. It will be huge.
I think the seats behind the stage might just be the best ones, but we're going for GA for most shows. I think they will only be playing in big stadiums because that thing doesn't fit into small stadiums, let alone arenas.

GA tickets are quite affordable for that tour but they are sold out so quickly.

Can't wait to hear the new songs live, I love the album, they still make beautiful music. Magnificent is an amazing tune.

I read that the size (height) of the whole construction is twice as tall as, in comparson, the screen from the popmart tour.

and also, the stage from rolling stone's "a bigger bang tour" would fite UNDER this construction. wicked, I say lol.

here are pics:
popmart:
175-U2-Popmart-97-A-1152w.jpg

bigger bang:
442-RollingStones-BiggerBang-10SEP05-0180w.jpg

Back