U.S. Army Soldier Show Performs "Thriller"! (pics inside)

LovelyOne

Proud Member
Hey!

I was SOOOO psyched last night when I went to the (25th anniversary) U.S. Army Soldier Show (I go every year, it's great!) and they performed (amongst many other contemporary songs/artists) Akon's version of "Wannabe Starting Something" and Thriller! It was sooooooo AWESOME!!

I swear, if people weren't clapping and dancing on the other songs, as soon as Thriller came up everyone got up and was so happy :D

My favorite performance of the night--and I loved seeing the Thriller video (with a really crazy cartoon-ized effect) on the big plasma screens too! It was so great.

Here's an article about the Thriller performance from when the show went to Virginia:

The show will, however, pay tribute to the coincidental 25th anniversary of Michael Jackson's "Thriller," the best-selling album of all-time on Billboard's charts. As the song begins, a Soldier-performer on guard duty scans the audience with a Night Vision camera and spectators can see themselves on positive screens. With the use of black lights and colored costumes, the Night-Vision effect will spill onto the stage.

"So it's as if the audience is watching this number in Night Vision," Higdon explained. "And we've 'cartoonized' the original Michael Jackson video that will be shown on the plasma screens while we're doing it live on stage. It will be a pretty big production number.

(http://www.army.mil/-news/2008/03/24/8080-25th-annual-soldier-show-to-give-taste-of-baghdad/)

Here's some photos from Thriller:

JonesThriller2.jpg

(The gal in the picture is actually different a Michael Jackson than I saw last night...I guess they alternate lol...everyone wants to play him probably :p )

JonesLongThriller.jpg

And here's from Wanna Be Startin' Something:

BradleyWannaBeStartinSomething2.jpg

BradleyWannaBeStartinSomething.jpg

Last edited:
That is very Cool
THRILLER is being performed everwhere
its is taking over the world by storm

It looks like it was a Great show
thanks for posting

Very cool....the Thriller-mania continues and you better believe it will only get bigger.

Back