U.K. Documentary Titled "The Ten Faces of Michael Jackson"

GreenEyes

Proud Member
I was reading on Twitter that there is a U.K. documentary being worked on about Michael's changing looks and how it correlated to his rise in fame/wealth and downfall. Has anyone heard anything about this? Apparently it's being done by a company called Optomen.

I couldn't find anything on their website about it. Apparently, Karen Faye was contacted to participate it in and she said "HELL NO".

Will these a**holes ever stop with this crap?

They'll stop when people stop watching (or listening/reading depending on the medium).

I have to say, I like to check out anything MJ-related even if it's negative.

I do make sure to get my copies in places I know they can't benefit from. :p I don't wanna help those scumbags make money with their tabloid BS.

Remember, don't tune in to such programs on your TV and don't watch videos of it on YouTube if it's on their official channel. Whether you give them a thumb up or a thumb down doesn't matter. They're still getting money with each view.

Wow what a load of crap! These people literally have no lives. :pth:

10 Faces? Hell no! No thank you I ain't watching that crap.

It should ok if they talk about how vitiligo changed Michael's look but if it is usual crap, then pass.

^Also the lupus. Michael needed many RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERIES because lupus was destroying his nose and mouth. But let's be honest, most people outside the fan community don't give a shit about the truth and perpetuating the myth Michael was addicted to plastic surgeries. I hope the Estate don't allow this crap.

I'd rather they did a documentary on the two faces so many of his so called friends and ex employees have!

It is an interesting topic. If done properly.

However there's far more aspects of MJ in dire need of exploration before that again. And given the title I doubt they're planning on taking a very sensible approach.

This is just gonna be another hatchet job on Michael, plain and simple.

Sickens me when i see programs like this being shown in the UK.. especially from a country that Michael loved so much, they should re air Bucharest 1992 or Destiny Live in London 1979.. urgh, seriously does get to me.. i just feel sorry for those brainwashed viewers who will tune in.

I'm surprised my country the U.S. didn't do a show like that about Michael yet. Even if they did I still won't be watching. Because I don't want to see people hating on and lying about my beloved Michael. I really hope no one watches that show. I just wish these people would do a show about all the good things that he did in his life. Now that is one program I would L.O.V.E. to see about Michael.

Sickens me when i see programs like this being shown in the UK.. especially from a country that Michael loved so much, they should re air Bucharest 1992 or Destiny Live in London 1979.. urgh, seriously does get to me.. i just feel sorry for those brainwashed viewers who will tune in.

UK media don't give a shit Michael loved the country and its people, they are a bunch of vicious and merciless SOB. Especially if the owner is that bastard Rupert Murdoch (he also owns channels) and we know how much harm and humiliation that mother f*cker has inflicted on Michael and nowadays his children.

UK media don't give a shit Michael loved the country and its people, they are a bunch of vicious and merciless SOB. Especially if the owner is that bastard Rupert Murdoch (he also owns channels) and we know how much harm and humiliation that mother f*cker has inflicted on Michael and nowadays his children.

Speaking of Rupert Murdoch, I heard that he won't allow anyone to say anything too positive about MJ or he'll fire them.

A documentary on MJ's face and plastic surgery? What an original idea! We never had this! This is some new perspective to discuss about MJ.

NOT! :smilerolleyes:

Honestly, I'm always amazed at the world's obsession with his face and plastic surgery. It's been discussed to death, yet they just can't have enough of it. Actually a documentary about the psychosis behind people's obsession with MJ's face would be a lot more interesting and exciting. THAT I would watch. But this 1000th documentary about his face? Meh.

Not sure what everyone's problem is with this? It's no secret that MJ's appearance changed dramatically over the years, and it would be interesting to see the correlation between this & his popularity, especially in America.

For example, did his colour change alienate a lot of black fans? And did people go off him because they couldn't get their head around how different he looked. Especially in Invincible era.

I agree it would need to be done sensitively and reference vitiligo rather than purposely changing colour, but it could be a thought-provoking and fascinating piece of work if done right.

It adds to the crazy image of MJ fans when they refuse to acknowledge what was an obvious fact about his changing look. Yes a lot of it may be health related but it is still a fact.

Well I think everyone's problem with this is simply that 9 times out of 10 when you have a program talking about the "10 faces of MJ" - or any program about MJ's evolving looks, it is almost NEVER done "sensitively", nor is it factually based.

I don't think it makes fans crazy at all to be wary of something like this, or anything relating to his looks because very few know the truth about it or bother to acknowledge it. Lets get the basics down first before we start analyzing how his face influenced his popularity. lol Lets just make sure people know that he wasn't some crazy plastic surgery obsessed maniac who hated his own race. Once we get that down, then I'll consider not being cautious about programs such as this. lol

Plus its all about perspective. If you look at just his facial structures and the main elements of his face - no they did not change more than any regular person would change over the course of 40 years. There are just as many pictures that speak to this as there are pictures that speak to the tabloid notion that he kept 'changing his face.' This is what fans speak against when they say his look did not change, and it does not make them crazy.

But of course on a baseline, fundamental level, his look did change thanks to vitiligo, lupus, make up, lighting, hairstyles, aging etc. So in that way, yes an analysis would be interesting but I would not trust someone to do this without knowing/acknowledging the basic facts.

^ Agree I understand to be wary. But I don't mean a 40 year period, I mean a general 17-19 years from 1983-2001.

I adore MJ as much as anyone else and am not sitting in judgement here, but you can't honestly look at a picture from Thriller, next to Bad, Dangerous, History & then Invincible and say it was regular changes.

But this could turn heated quickly so I'll leave it there. How he looked made no odds to me other that it meant more negative publicity for him which saddened me.

respect77;4047392 said:
A documentary on MJ's face and plastic surgery? What an original idea! We never had this! This is some new perspective to discuss about MJ.

A very original idea. The creative director of optomen is sue murphy who joined them in 2012. In 2002 she was Controller of Factual Entertainment at channel 5 where she commissioned 5’s highest rating original production, Michael Jackson’s Face. It got 3.6m viewers so i guess if you're devoid of any talent and inspiration a tv executive might just go back to something that brought in the ratings 12 yrs ago. I just looked at a clip on youtube of it - shudders. Alot of words like freak, strange, wanting to look like a woman and lots of jrt being all experty on what mj really feels - nightmare.

Bonnie Blue;4047903 said:
A very original idea. The creative director of optomen is sue murphy who joined them in 2012. In 2002 she was Controller of Factual Entertainment at channel 5 where she commissioned 5’s highest rating original production, Michael Jackson’s Face. It got 3.6m viewers so i guess if you're devoid of any talent and inspiration a tv executive might just go back to something that brought in the ratings 12 yrs ago. I just looked at a clip on youtube of it - shudders. Alot of words like freak, strange, wanting to look like a woman and lots of jrt being all experty on what mj really feels - nightmare.

I hadn't seen the documentary that you are talking about, so I just looked it up. I couldn't watch all that. They talked about him like he wasn't even human. That snotty british guy calling him a creature and that bitch narrator, was too much. And those smug surgeons on there?

And now they want to remake this documentary? No way.

So it does't look like that this new documentary is going to be any different from past ones, thus no need to watch it. Every time I hear that there is documentary of MJ or relating to him, I so wish that they have integrity to go deeper than tabloid trash, but no:no:

Back