Twilight

Femkela

Proud Member
I'm kind of surprised there isn't a thread about this yet...! :D So who's seen the movie, read the books??? Discuss it here :D I only saw the movie... twice ;) I think it's great! Also, the fact that Robert Pattinson is also a musician makes me like him more!

twilight1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBvOhfL4mYw
watch

Have not seen the movie, but I am on the third book. To be honest i hate Edward. I think he is an emotional abusive boyfriend, and Bella is a whiny, selfish girl a mary sue if you will. I also don't believe they are in love. In the books Stephanie Meyers pretty much describes their relationship like this Bella: Edward your so beautiful, your marble perfectly sculptured body, the scent of your breath wow... Edward: The smell of your blood, Wow I can't read your mind this must be TRUE LOVE!!!. The fact that Edward is a 100 year old vampire and acts like an 18 year old angst kid just makes me angry. he shows no wisdom at all. He controls bella, does not let her see Jacob to the point where he take out the engine of her truck so that she can't drive to see him. And the fact that he is a stalker. Yeah its so great having a guy watch you while you are sleeping before he mentions it to you is stalkerish, and very creepy.

Basically i see this as a shallow, supperficial relationship, as edward as a controlling emotional abusive partner.

Hmm, yeah in the movie I also got the impression of Edward that he is kind of a stalker! lol, but I don't think all the girls who love him care that much haha! They mainly like him because he is so handsome! But interesting, that their relationship is not at all your average teenage romance... I will go and read the books soon!

Have not seen the movie, but I am on the third book. To be honest i hate Edward. I think he is an emotional abusive boyfriend, and Bella is a whiny, selfish girl a mary sue if you will. I also don't believe they are in love. In the books Stephanie Meyers pretty much describes their relationship like this Bella: Edward your so beautiful, your marble perfectly sculptured body, the scent of your breath wow... Edward: The smell of your blood, Wow I can't read your mind this must be TRUE LOVE!!!. The fact that Edward is a 100 year old vampire and acts like an 18 year old angst kid just makes me angry. he shows no wisdom at all. He controls bella, does not let her see Jacob to the point where he take out the engine of her truck so that she can't drive to see him. And the fact that he is a stalker. Yeah its so great having a guy watch you while you are sleeping before he mentions it to you is stalkerish, and very creepy.

Basically i see this as a shallow, supperficial relationship, as edward as a controlling emotional abusive partner.
:rofl:
I would probably feel like that too if I read the book.

My friend - though - is crazy about Edward and she is totally in love with him, she's only read the books and hates that there is a movie about it because she thinks now everyone starts to like Twilight and Edward.. but obviously it's not like that :D

haha well I haven't read the books yet but as soon as I can I will buy them and read them all! :D Your friend doesnt have to worry, I won't take Edward from her though! ;)

I know it's an old threat but I have to write it.

I read three of the four books and also I saw the movie. Frankly I hated the movie, the director or I don't know who earth was cut lot of important details that are in the first book.
In the movie it's totally change how Edward told Bella about his secret. Robert Pattinson performs to Edward as a silly guy (my opinion), he looks high; the actress that I don't remember her name looks like a dork honestly.
I don't wanna watch New Moon because I'm not a Rob Pat fan, I'm sick of him.

When I read Twilight I really liked it but not as much as I loved Dracula. After reading the three books I didn't like Twilight saga, Stephenie Mayer concept how the vampires are, it's wick, not believeable.
I prefer and love more the concept of Bram Stoker, to me it's more romantical and exciting.

did r.pat have to make edward so damn akward? ugh but i liked the books hated the ending. i'd love to see books that center around the ouilette tribe and jacob and u know who (*for those who've read them all*)

I also was kind of disappointed with the ending of the books. But I sure liked them overall. What I found particularly interesting, was the way Bella perceived Edward. How she talked about him, his perfection, his smell.. how she fainted because he was just so hot. I have read a lot of fan encounters with Michael, and they sure have a lot of similarities!! That was what I found very funny to discover.

Back