TV-Alert: The Jacksons: An American Dream

Michelle MC

Proud Member
Hello,

Sunday, December 6 at 7pm Eastern Time, VH-1 Classics will be airing The Jacksons: An American Dream for anyone who hasn't seen it or wants to see it again.

Reactions: Tom
I remember watching this when it first aired as a mini series in the 90's. It was a good movie (and my family was doubly interested because my cousin was part of the film's wardrobe team). I watched it again after the tragedy and it was strange watching the Pepsi fire scene and how wrong they got it (they had Michael rolling down the stairs which I don't think actually happened judging from the actual footage of the accident that was released after his death).

I enjoyed watching this TV Movie when it first aired on the TV in the UK back in the early 90s. Hope it will be aired again on the TV here soon.

Always nice to see them showing this movie so frequently now. I'll try to catch it for the umpteenth time, it's uplifting.

is there extra scenes and stuff ont he dvd??

No:( just the movie I was hoping for a behind the scene but nooooo! But, it was still worth buying it nice and clear! I wanted the soundtrack but it's hard to find! Saw it on ebay once for to much! lol

Oh and about the Pepsi scene in the movie they so exaggerated that part! MJ never fell down the steps in real life! I always thought that scene was real when I was younger and wondered how he didn't break any rips....ouch! and their are other parts in that movie too that are not right! But, that's Hollywood for ya, always over doing movies even when it suppose to be base on truth! *rolls Eyes* Same with the Selena movie she never cried after she won her first Grammy, just thankful, but in the movie they had Jennifer Lopez who played Selena cry in the scene and other parts of this movie to were wrong! But, whatever I still love both these movie! :)

thanks for the heads up!!

IIRC, the first glimpse of that Pepsi disaster was released earlier this year (after MJ was gone). before that, it was all conjecture as to how it happened. so I don't blame the moviemakers for getting that part wrong.

the way it actually happened -- MJ spinning really fast, with his burning hair flying -- was, in fact, so very MJ, that it makes me tear up even more. oh god, he suffered so much, from such an early age. :(

thanks for the heads up!!

IIRC, the first glimpse of that Pepsi disaster was released earlier this year (after MJ was gone). before that, it was all conjecture as to how it happened. so I don't blame the moviemakers for getting that part wrong.

(

Oh I don't blame the movie makers for getting that scene wrong. There wasn't much information out about what really happened at the time. I just found it interesting to compare the film version to what actually happened. Imagine how Michael felt as he watched...

If he did watch this film. Did he and did he ever comment on it?

I want to see this!
Better be on in the UK very soon!

I just pmed you.
By the way, and this was the first time I could get to the computer now, so I am very sorry. This movie is on right now from 11-6pm Eastern time on VH-1, not VH-1 classics for anyone who may have time to watch it.

Thanks! I've watched it many times before,but I chose to watch it again Friday night..it was on Saturday too.

Back