Tupac is back as a hologram @ Coachella 2012

It looks so real when it gets close! And that was some crazy stuff when Snoop got up at the same time with the hologram.

This will be amazing for the future with MJ. Hopefully they won't be just using the Dangerous Bucharest footage for it :)

While watching i was wondering what Snoop would think about it and how long it would take before he hears about it; then i see he's there too. I love the way he smiles while performing. He's really happy. Thanks for posting. It's amazing. The way Tupac leaves the stage is very moving.

Last edited:
This is absolutely unbelievable.

Anyone else hear the intro to Off The Wall from 4:38 to 4:46? Absolutely bone chilling.

I would be so conflicted, but I would absolutely pay to see a Michael hologram concert...

Isn't a hologram of MJ suppose to appear in the cirque de Sollie final performance in vegas in MJ fan fest this December???!! I can't really wait :D

That is the plan for Cirque MJ... They did not want to use it yet for the 2012 tour because they want to wait for the 2013 Vegas version because the technology is still new right now and is being advanced.. They are expecting to have a better quality by the time the show opens..

IDK how I would react seeing an MJ on stage like that.. It would be crazy to me

I find it creepy that they are able to do this...and my concern is that they will do this to Michael...imo....its like raising the dead for one more performance...its not for everyone....and i am included in that...no way could I ever see Michael like that. Technology can be a scary thing and I think that it can be "over used" at times...and imo...this is one of those times.

Well, it's a fact that we can't stop the technological progress.

As long as they do it with respect, most fans will support it.
And I can think of a lot of ways how people can use this technology to disrespect MJ and other celebrities.
But I let's try to be positive now :)

Anyone else want to comment on the use of the intro to Off The Wall right as Tupac disintegrates? o_O

Loved it! As soon as I heard Snoop respond to Tupac's shout out, I had a feeling they were gonna do Two of Amerikaz Most Wanted.

That was AWESOME! They should really do this with Michael too. Though I'm sure they'd have some difficulty with Michael running and jumping around. :lol:

They could to an awesome segment with Michael in the Cirque show.

Today a concert hologram.......how many years to a hologram in your own home? Michael dancing on your coffee table?

(I guess this is the 'blu ray' of the future')

Last edited:
Wow, that's crazy (and a bit scary).
It looks so real. I've sent a link to a friend and she goes:

"wtf is this?
...is there any other reason we're watching this than his cool 6-pack?"

me: "yeah, the guy died like 15 years ago"

"oh, he looks good for a zombie... I don't get it, how is it that he's there when he's dead?"

Imagine Michael leaving stage like this:

2r3uhwy.gif

ETA: @cmstrike - yeah, Off The Wall ;)

Last edited:
Just...wow :( Its amazing yet pulls at my heart seeing this :( Pac is back in the limelight where he belongs! Couldn't help but let a smile swim to the surface when I saw the huge smile on Snoops face :D

:) More info:
5 things we didn't know about this performance.

1-Tupac’s protective mother Afeni Shakur was “positively thrilled” after seeing her son back on stage, according to TMZ. While she was not in attendance at the festival, she did watch the live stream on YouTube.

2. Dr. Dre asked Afeni for approval to incorporate her son into his performance and she agreed. As a thank you, Dre reportedly made a donation to the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation.

3. The Tupac hologram was Dre’s idea. He called on San Diego-based company AV Concepts, who took nearly four months to create it in a studio. “We worked with Dr. Dre on this and it was Dre’s vision to bring this back to life,” Nick Smith, president of AV Concepts, told MTV News. “It was his idea from the very beginning and we worked with him and his camp to utilize the technology to make it come to life.”

4. The exact cost of bringing Pac back to life for one night is undisclosed, but is estimated in the price range of $100,000 to upwards of $400,000.

5. According to Daz Dillinger, Nate Dogg was originally supposed to appear as a hologram as well, but a last-minute decision was made not to use him. Instead photos of the late rapper flashed across the screen as Snoop performed “Ain’t No Fun.”

The full article here: http://www.rap-up.com/2012/04/16/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-tupac-hologram/

CMSTRIKE,

Good ear!! haha...yes I hear it as well! that is AWESOME!!!

Might be the most incredible thing I ever seen. Half the people at Coachella had no idea what to make of it. Some of them admitted to be high on drugs and started freaking out when they saw Tupac. lol

It was cool but nothing ground breaking for us Jem fans. She's been doing it since the 80's. ;)

Might be the most incredible thing I ever seen. Half the people at Coachella had no idea what to make of it. Some of them admitted to be high on drugs and started freaking out when they saw Tupac. lol

I bet they were like: "Duuuude, that's Tupac onstage man! You brought some good sh--t tonight!!!" :lol:

It was cool but nothing ground breaking for us Jem fans. She's been doing it since the 80's. ;)

lol @ Jem.

Back