True Story: B.J. Novak Played Scattergories with Michael Jackson (VIDEO)

FedoraHatGirl2058

Proud Member
EXCLUSIVE: B.J. Novak Played Games With Michael Jackson at Deepak Chopra’s House

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
moz-screenshot-3.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: B.J. Novak Played Games With Michael Jackson at Deepak Chopra’s House

By Hollie McKay
- FOXNews.com

Novak, who is also a writer and co-executive producer of “The Office,” told Playboy his co-stars are just as “weird” off-screen as they are on.

moz-screenshot-4.jpg

At just 30 years old, B.J Novak has already had a wealth of eye-opening experiences in the world of entertainment. One of the most bizarre involved him, Scattergories and the King of Pop at the private home of one of the world’s biggest leaders in the meditation movement.

“This figure sweeps into the room in a red military outfit and black hat and sunglasses and sits down at the kids’ table. I thought, How weird. Deepak hired a Michael Jackson impersonator. Then I realized, It is f**king Michael Jackson,” Novak recalls of a childhood visit to Deepak Chopra’s home in Playboy’s May 20Q feature (issue on newsstands and online at Playboydigital.com on Friday, April 16).
“I remember three things about it: He didn’t touch his food at dinner, we played board games, and nobody believed me at school the next day when I said I played Scattergories with Michael Jackson.”

Novak, who is also a writer and co-executive producer of “The Office,” said his co-stars are just as “weird” off-screen as they are on, and opened up about what his fellow “The Office” star John Krasinski was really like in their Massachusetts high school days together.
“He was the guy with the follow-up plan. He was popular and smart, and if he liked a girl he would just ask her out,” Novak told the mag. “I was at home, meanwhile, writing to my local TV affiliates, telling them they should air more sitcoms.”

He also had something to say about his “Inglourious Basterds” counterparts, Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino.
“Brad was charismatic and kind and cool, and Quentin was super intense and wanted to stay up all night talking about the different guns used in a biopic of Dillinger from the 1940s. The guy is astonishing,” Novak said. “I don’t know anything about movies beyond, basically, ‘Remember when DiCaprio said, “I’m the king of the world?”’ But that’s what you expect from Quentin Tarantino. And what I’ve learned about meeting famous people is that they’re almost always exactly who you expect them to be.”
And despite all his success, Novak is struggling to find that someone special and has no plans for romance anytime soon.
“I’ve always been shy and inept with women. Like, every time I got near a girl in junior high or high school, it felt like a fluke. I still feel that way… Part of me still thinks every chance I have to kiss a girl is my last chance.
"When you are sort of quiet and self-conscious and average-looking, you’re not used to getting into conversations at a bar. So it gets complicated when you’re on television, because the conversations start coming to you. People – women, beautiful women – have something to say to you. They feel they know you. But all that means is that meeting people is much easier compared with how it used to be.
“We work really long hours on 'The Office,' and I’d usually rather just recover on a Friday night than go out. Relationships for me are like screenplays for a lot of television writers. You keep telling yourself you’ll start one when you get a little time off, but then you start one only to abandon it.”

link http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...hael-jackson-deepak-chopras-house/?test=faces

I LOVE "The Office" :) :yes:

another article on this

B.J. Novak: I Played Scattergories with Michael Jackson!

bj-novak-michael-jackson-scattergories-playboy.jpg

The Office’s B.J. Novak opens up to Playboy about some surprising experiences in the May 2010 issue, on newsstands Friday (April 16).
Here’s what the 30-year-old actor had to share:
On his Inglourious Basterds co-stars Brad Pitt and Quentin Tarantino: “Brad was charismatic and kind and cool, and Quentin was superintense and wanted to stay up all night talking about, like, the different guns used in a biopic of Dillinger from the 1940s. The guy is astonishing. I mean, I don’t know anything about movies beyond, basically, ‘Remember when DiCaprio said, “I’m the king of the world?”’ But that’s what you expect from Quentin Tarantino. And what I’ve learned about meeting famous people is that they’re almost always exactly who you expect them to be.”
On high school classmate and Office co-star John Krasinski as a teenager: “He was the guy with the follow-up plan. He was popular and smart, and if he liked a girl he would just ask her out. I was at home, meanwhile, writing to my local TV affiliates, telling them they should air more sitcoms.”
On visiting Deepak Chopra’s house as a kid: “This figure sweeps into the room in a red military outfit and black hat and sunglasses and sits down at the kids’ table. I thought, How weird. Deepak hired a Michael Jackson impersonator. Then I realized, It is f**king Michael Jackson. I remember three things about it: He didn’t touch his food at dinner, we played board games, and nobody believed me at school the next day when I said I played Scattergories with Michael Jackson.”

link

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2010/04/15/bj-novak-i-played-scattergories-with-michael-jackson/

Re: EXCLUSIVE: B.J. Novak Played Games With Michael Jackson at Deepak Chopra’s House

Lucky guy!!! :)

Re: EXCLUSIVE: B.J. Novak Played Games With Michael Jackson at Deepak Chopra’s House

love the office!!!! my favorite show.. by FAR!! so awesome to read this!

-Dal

I think everybody loves The Office, my favortite show, LOOOOOVE IT

Very cute story, how I'd love to be able to play any game with Michael! Awww bless him, I love him :heart:

One of the most bizarre involved him, Scattergories and the King of Pop at the private home of one of the world’s biggest leaders in the meditation movement.

This is a cute story.

But why do they always have to preface every story about Michael by saying that it is bizarre. Tell me what is so bizarre about Michaael Jackson playing board games with some kids at Deepak Chopra's house? If Prince had done it, would it be described as bizarre? No. Wtf is wrong with these writers?

I'm done ranting now, I feel better.

This is a cute story.

But why do they always have to preface every story about Michael by saying that it is bizarre. Tell me what is so bizarre about Michaael Jackson playing board games with some kids at Deepak Chopra's house? If Prince had done it, would it be described as bizarre? No. Wtf is wrong with these writers?

I'm done ranting now, I feel better.

Cause they can't believe that someone got to hang out with MJ but they didn't.

:lol:

:doh:

Its because its not common, cause its was F*cking Michael Jackson man! thats why ;D

When B.J. Novak was in the eighth grade, he was invited to Deepak Chopra's house in Lincoln, Mass., for dinner. Rumor was, Michael Jackson would show up.

"A man just runs in in a red military uniform and a black top hat," recalled 'The Office' actor, writer and producer. "I thought, well, this has to be a Michael Jackson impersonator, because this isn't what Michael Jackson would ever wear on his day off." But no, it really was MJ.

After dinner, they played Scattergories. "He got the double-word score under fictional characters for Nicholas Nickelby, so he's a [Charles] Dickens reader," observed Novak.

And the superstar won! He celebrated by singing an "absolutely gorgeous" a cappella rendition of 'We Are the Champions'. Too bad Novak couldn't really brag about it at school the next day: Who would believe him?

Source and video.

And the superstar won! He celebrated by singing an "absolutely gorgeous" a cappella rendition of 'We Are the Champions'. Too bad Novak couldn't really brag about it at school the next day: Who would believe him?

Source and video.

aww cute story...lol at mj singing "we are the champions" haha... and its "absolutely gorgeous" would have have been awesome to hear it.

Very, very cute story. Thank you so much Webbie. It is something how an extraordinary person can make an ordinary event a memory to be cherished.

so sweet story.... Michael was such a funny guy ( this 'We Are The Champions' singing lol)....thanks for sharing:)

This video and story made me smile.
MJ is a really down to earth and funny guy.
It must be fun to play game with him.
"we are the champion" part is just hilarious.

Very, very cute story. Thank you so much Webbie. It is something how an extraordinary person can make an ordinary event a memory to be cherished.

Michael had that power.. even a look through a photo could do that ;)

I miss him

awwwww how cute!!! thanks for sharing that!! i would have loved to hear Michael sing "we are the champions" how funny!!! he was such a angel!!!

That's funny and you could see him doing that lol. Who is BJ Novak? This is what people need to hear.

Every time I hear stories like this, I fall in love all over again. :wub:

Miss him sooo much :(

thank you so much for sharing that...it made me smile...and I like to smile when I think of Michael. I have shed so many tears for hm...I like the opportunities to smile about him.

That was too funny...I loved that....I would have loved to hear him sing 'We Are the Champions'...:wub:

Back