True Stars

mysterygirl7

Proud Member
I would like to hear who you will name, if you have to mention 5 or more living celebrities, that truly are what we would call a star.. it can be any kind of celebrity, actors, singers, you name them..

Here's what I think...

Michael Jackson
Julie Andrews
George Michael
Madonna
Robert de Niro
Philippe Petit
Robbie Williams

Ok, this was 7..

let me hear which ones you would mention..

here are my top 5 fave celebs

1) michael jackson
2) jack nicholson
3) meryl streep
4) elizabeth taylor
5) morgan freeman

Michael Jackson
Prince
Freddie Mercury
Charlie Chaplin

***Possibly others to be added.***

1) michael jackson
2) jack nicholson
3) meryl streep
4) elizabeth taylor
5) morgan freeman

Good choices.. how could I forget Elizabeth Taylor...:doh:

Michaholic: I wanted to say Charlie Chaplin too.. but then I decided, that it should be those that were still alive.. those who have true star quality.. it isn't many.. or is it?? Please write your lists everyone...

thats tough....not only speaking talent when it comes to being a star.. but people who move other people in some way..and also become the biggest thing in the country in whatever era. and not only in music or acting, but also the whole country starts to emulate them in clothing and hairstyles.. thats a true all around star to me.

John Travolta
Michael Jackson
Farrah Fawcett
Elizabeth Taylor
Madonna

dead ones for the hell lol all the goodies are gone.
james dean
marilyn monroe
elvis

among some others

Michael Jackson
Tom Hanks
Ellen Degeneres
Liz Taylor
Drew Barrymore
Jack Nicholson
Anthony Hopkins
John Trivolta
Stevan Spielberg
Janet Jackson

thats tough....not only speaking talent when it comes to being a star.. but people who move other people in some way..and also become the biggest thing in the country in whatever era. and not only in music or acting, but also the whole country starts to emulate them in clothing and hairstyles.. thats a true all around star to me.

John Travolta
Michael Jackson
Farrah Fawcett
Elizabeth Taylor
Madonna

dead ones for the hell lol all the goodies are gone.
james dean
marilyn monroe
elvis

among some others

Why Farrah Fawcett..? just curious. I agree with all the others.. including the dead ones.

I agree, that it's like a big package of things that make a true star.. that's why we can include someone like Madonna.

Michael Jackson
Tom Hanks
Ellen Degeneres
Liz Taylor
Drew Barrymore
Jack Nicholson
Anthony Hopkins
John Trivolta
Stevan Spielberg
Janet Jackson

I agree with most of these, perhaps not Janet.. not Drew..(just too young or something.. not famous enough.. still cool and excellent, it's not that) Ellen nah.. I LOVE Ellen, but she is not to be compared to Liz Taylor.. or wait a minute, when I think about it.. perhaps she is big.. in HER field.. what's your reason for including her?

I agree with most of these, perhaps not Janet.. not Drew..(just too young or something.. not famous enough.. still cool and excellent, it's not that) Ellen nah.. I LOVE Ellen, but she is not to be compared to Liz Taylor.. or wait a minute, when I think about it.. perhaps she is big.. in HER field.. what's your reason for including her?

Well for Janet I think she is an important icon in the music industry and one of the best female singers/entertainers out there.

And Ellen...you did say any kind of celebrity and in HER field she is definately among the best. Being a kind person but also funny and never boring
I think, in her own words, it's much harder to be funny without being mean.

And Drew...I don't know ...she's kind hearted and I lime her acting (she was in the movie version of Virgin Suicides right) anyway...perhaps she's not too big OUTSIDE of Hollywood and Hollywood lovers but I think she isn't one of those pretty bombshellls with no brains. She has style and knows how to present herself, therefore she is there on my list. :yes:

I'm gonna add more:

Morgan Freeman
Kate Winslet
Johnny Depp
Stevie Wonder
Weird Al Yonkovic :p

For me it will definitely be:

Men:

1. Shahruhk Khan
2. Amitabh Bachchan (You should see him in the movie Baghban. Especially towards the end when he disowns his kids.)
3. Michael Jackson
4. Cary Grant
5. Humphrey Bogart

Women:

1. Kajol
2. Preity Zinta
3. Aishwarya Rai
4. Bipasha Basu
5. Elizabeth Taylor

The first 4 are Bollywood actresses. I said them because they were so amazingly awesome in the movies:

Raincoat
Dhoom 2
Fanaa
Devdas
Veer-Zaara

These are 5 of the most greatest Bollywood movies ever made.

1) michael jackson
2) jack nicholson
3) meryl streep
4) elizabeth taylor
5) morgan freeman

to add a few more too :p

6) julia roberts
7) tom hanks
8) dustin hoffman
9) will smith
10) leo dicaprio
11) robert deniro
12) denzel washington

-MJ
-Hulk Hogan
-Madonna
-mike tyson
-stone cold steve austin

Michael Jackson
Diana Ross
Stevie Wonder
Prince
Morgan Freeman

I also think Beyonce is an upcoming star, I personally dont like her music or admire her as a person, but when she's on stage .. oh my, she knows how to work that stage. I wouldn't call her the next Diana Ross (not even close), but she ís a diva with some class.

Well for Janet I think she is an important icon in the music industry and one of the best female singers/entertainers out there.

And Ellen...you did say any kind of celebrity and in HER field she is definately among the best. Being a kind person but also funny and never boring
I think, in her own words, it's much harder to be funny without being mean.

And Drew...I don't know ...she's kind hearted and I lime her acting (she was in the movie version of Virgin Suicides right) anyway...perhaps she's not too big OUTSIDE of Hollywood and Hollywood lovers but I think she isn't one of those pretty bombshellls with no brains. She has style and knows how to present herself, therefore she is there on my list. :yes:

I'm gonna add more:

Morgan Freeman
Kate Winslet
Johnny Depp
Stevie Wonder
Weird Al Yonkovic :p

I think you are right about Janet.. she is an ICON.. I just kinda forgot it.. since what she is doing now is SO different from before..

I agree with your Ellen comment.. being funny, without being mean is the real deal.. the magic.. ELLEN YOU ROCK.. get Michael in the studio NOW..
haha in her dreams..

Good points about Drew.. :agree:

Back