Tribute To Ms. Whitney Houston's Career

billyworld99

Proud Member
WhitneyHoustonpic.jpg

« An enormously successful performing career that has done nothing but pile strength upon strength since the star first leaped from legendary record producer Clive Davis's brow in 1983, at age 19. Whitney's career is one of the most outstanding in the world.
Here are just some of the big things, she has achieved

Whitney is the only artist to have 7 consecutive No. 1 singles at the US Hot 100, surpassing a record previously set by The Beatles and The Bee Gees

Whitney has an incredible 11 No. 1 singles in the US - beaten out only by Mariah Carey (18) and Madonna (12). Diana Ross has 12 No. 1s with the Supremes and a further 6 in her own name

With fourteen songs, Whitney holds the record for the most consecutive Top Ten singles on the chart

Whitney was the first solo female artist to have 3 number one singles from one album

Whitney is the only artist to claim three Top Ten hits from all of her studio albums (1980s and 1990s)

Whitney has the most number-one covers. She`s covered the songs "Saving All My Love For You", "Greatest Love Of All", "All The Man That I Need" and "I Will Always Love You"

Whitney is the first and only female artist to concurrently top the US, UK and Australian charts with a single song ("I Will Always Love You")

Whitney is the only artist to have charted from 1984 to 2009. Other artists such as Elvis Presley have had longer streaks, but not during this time

Whitney is one of only two female artists (the other being Mariah Carey) to have three albums sell over 9 million copies each in the U.S.: "Whitney Houston", "Whitney" and "The Bodyguard OST"

Whitney was the first female artist to have two diamond albums (as of January 1994, both "Whitney Houston" and "The Bodyguard OST" were over ten times platinum). To date, Whitney, Madonna, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Shania Twain and The Dixie Chicks are the only female artists with multiple diamond albums

Whitney is the only artist with three albums to remain on top of the Top 200 for over ten weeks "Whitney Houston" (14 weeks), "Whitney" (11 weeks) and "The Bodyguard OST" (20 weeks)

Whitney`s albums have spent 50 weeks at number one on the Billboard 200, more than any other female artist

Whitney has won 22 American Music Awards, more than any other female artist

Whitney won a record of 8 American Music Awards for "The Bodyguard OST" back in 1994. She is tied only with Michael Jackson, who won 8 AMA`s for "Thriller" at the 1984 ceremony

Whitney won a record of 11 Billboard Music Awards at the 1993 ceremony for "The Bodyguard OST"

Whitney is the only artist with at least one Grammy, Emmy, MTV Video Music Award, MTV Movie Award, People`s Choice Award and Billboard Music Award to their name

Whitney is the most covered artist on the TV Show American Idol with over 1.150 of 70.000 auditions being songs of hers during the show`s third season. The song "I Have Nothing" has been performed in the finals 6 times, more than any other song

Whitney Houston still has the highest ranking film debut by a music artist with her 1992 debut in "The Bodyguard", even ahead of Eminem`s debut, "8 Mile", despite "The Bodyguard" having opened & played in far fewer theatres and despite the inflationary factor that would increase Whitney`s lead

Whitney Houston is amongst the highest paid actresses in the world and is reported to have collected $10 million for her role in "The Preacher`s Wife"

Her debut album becoming the biggest selling album by a solo artist

The world`s best selling debut album by a female artist is "Whitney Houston" with over 22 million copies sold. (The record was broke in 1999 when ..."Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears was released with 27 million copies sold worldwide) The album also ranks as the number one best selling female album of the 1980s

The first album by a female to debut at number one on the Billboard 200 was 1987`s "Whitney"

"Whitney" (1987) has US sales of over 9 million, UK sales of over 2 million and total worldwide sales of over 19 million copies

Whitney`s version of "The Star Spangled Banner" is the only version to be certified platinum

Whitney holds the record for the highest one week-single sales by a female artist as 632.000 copies of "I Will Always Love You" were sold in the final week of December 1992

"I Will Always Love You" spend an amazing 14 weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart. It remains one of the longest No. 1 singles ever

"I Will Always Love You" is the best-selling single by a female artist and the biggest-selling non-charity single of all-time

Total world sales of "I Will Always Love You" stand at 8 million copies, making it the second biggest selling commercial single in world music history - recently losing it`s title to "Candle In The Wind" (sales now at 30 million copies)

The second biggest selling single by a female artist in the UK is "I Will Always Love You", with UK sales of over 1.56 million copies - this record was recently broken by Cher`s "Believe"

"The Bodyguard OST" sold an amazing one million copies in the final week of 1992 - at the time, it set a record for the most albums sold in a single week. The title was broken in 1998 and again in 1999 but this was due to changes in the way the Billboard 200 was compiled adding extras days sales for Garth Brooks and Backstreet Boys. More recently, 'N Sync, Britney Spears and Eminem have followed in the million-plus league

The largest initial certification of any album in US sales history is "The Bodyguard OST" with 6 million copies sold in it`s first two months on sale

T
he biggest selling album in the world in the 1990`s is "The Bodyguard OST" and the third biggest selling album ever

"The Bodyguard OST" was the first pop album in Korea to sell a million copies

"The Bodyguard OST" is the best-selling album by a foreign female artist in Brazil

The Bodyguard movie (Warner Bros.) was the 5th biggest grossing film ever ($ 400 million, as at 1995)

"Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" was the third single ever to debut at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and the second single by a female artist

The longest running No. 2 (!) record in US chart history is "Exhale (Shoop Shoop)" with 11 weeks in the runner up spot

Whitney has the longest stay at number one on the Billboard Top Gospel Albums Chart, when "The Preacher's Wife OST" remained at number one for 26 weeks

"The Preacher`s Wife OST" is the best-selling Gospel album of all-time with sales of over three million copies in the U.S. and 5 million copies worldwide

Whitney Houston is the only Female to Have an album in the top ten best selling albums of all time
She is the second best selling black female artist (BEHIND Mariah Carey)

She is the most awarded female artist of all time with 415 awards

WORLDWIDE ALBUM Sales

Whitney Houston 25.000.000
Whitney 19.000.000
I`m Your Baby Tonight 10.000.000
The Bodyguard Original Soundtrack Album 44.000.000
Waiting To Exhale Original Soundtrack Album 10.000.000
The Preacher`s Wife Original Soundtrack Album 5.000.000
My Love Is Your Love 10.000.000
Whitney - The Greatest Hits 8.000.000
Love, Whitney 500.000
Just Whitney 2.000.000
One Wish - The Holiday Album 500.000
The Ultimate Collection 1.000.000
I Look To You 2.000.000

Total album Sales = 137.000.000

WORLDWIDE SINGLE SALES

Hold Me 100.000

You Give Good Love 600.000

Thinking About You 50.000

Someone For Me 30.000

Saving All My Love For You 2.500.000

How Will I Know 1.500.000

Greatest Love Of All 2.000.000

I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me) 4.200.000

Didn`t We Almost Have It All 1.000.000

So Emotional 1.700.000

Where Do Broken Hearts Go 1.200.000

I Know Him So Well 150.000

Love Will Save The Day 400.000

One Moment In Time 1.500.000

It Isn`t, It Wasn`t, It Ain`t Never Gonna Be 200.000

I`m Your Baby Tonight 1.400.000

All The Man That I Need 1.200.000

Star Spangled Banner 1.000.000

Takin' A Chance 100.000

Miracle 200.000

My Name Is Not Susa 300.000

We Didn`t Know 25.000

I Belong To You 100.000

I Will Always Love You 8.600.000

I`m Every Woman 2.000.000

I Have Nothing 1.700.000

Run To You 500.000

Queen Of The Night 300.000

Something In Common 300.000

Exhale (Shoop Shoop) 2.200.000

Count On Me 700.000

Why Does It Hurt So Bad 400.000

Step By Step 1.400.000

I Believe In You And Me 1.400.000

My Heart Is Calling 75.000

When You Believe 1.000.000

Heartbreak Hotel 1.800.000

It`s Not Right But It`s Okay 1.200.000

My Love Is Your Love 3.000.000

I Learned From The Best 500.000

If I Told You That 200.000

Same Script Different Cast 20.000

Could I Have This Kiss Forever 700.000

Fine 20.000
Whatchulookinat 30.000
One Of Those Days 10.000
Try It On My Own 15.000
Love That Man 5.000

Total singles sales = 49.530.00

Total Record Sales (albums+singles) = 186.530.000

http://www.whitney-info.com/records-sales/

Last edited:
Whitney is a legendary singer. People use those kind of sayings a lot now a days but I feel like she is one of the people that really deserves that title.
I didn't even know she holds all these records. (Except for "The Bodyguard" soundtrack)
She set a standard for vocalists that so far still stands. Her voice hasn't been matched (Mariah Carey can stand next to her on that level though) and the ones that come close all seem to use her as an inspiration.
Sad to see the way people talk about her now.
People forget so quickly it seems.

^^^ ditto....ONE OF THE GREATEST SINGER!!! & HER ALBUMS SPENDS WEEKS ON BILLBOARD AT 20 AT THE VERY TOP LONGEST BILLBOARD CHART....ALMOST EVERY ALBUM ARE SUCCESS & GREAT!!!

I'll always, always, always hold Whitney's voice in her heyday as the greatest ever. There was a quality to that voice that was so crisp and clear. It sent chills down my spine, literally. Whitney's last album disappointed, but did give hope that maybe someday, if she could ever get her act together for good - maybe she can resuscitate that golden voice. It will never be what it once was due to all the abuse, but she could still manage to be a better singer than those who are considered the best there is today.

Last edited:
... and today.... she is almost nobody..., without voice and money...

She reminds me of Michael..., I meanm she is feminine Michael Jackson

But I love her voice, the One Moment in Time song, I can listen to it all day long..

Last edited:
She was one of the best singers ever. Unfortunately now she's not even able to keep a note anymore. The drugs are destroying her.

She was one of the best singers ever. Unfortunately now she's not even able to keep a note anymore. The drugs are destroying her.

Ah, come on, that's not true! I was on three shows during her last tour and this is simply not true! Yes, her voice is not what it used to be but she can still sing and it's still great! Don't believe the media. I know they showed some scenes that could make you think that - but it's all a lie!

Whitney is truly a legend! Like Michael, I think everyone knows her and can at least name a few of her songs, she will always be among my favourites, he voice back in the day was perfection!

Worried about her still... ):

What a voice she used to have, what presence and confidence and how she'd deliver.. I really can't express how stunning and impressive her voice was.

Me too. :( I hope she'll be ok soon. :angel:

I hope so as well... I've been reading stuff about her being once again admitted to a rehabilitation center, and I'm more concerned with the rehabilitation centers nowadays than anything else, the things you can find out makes the skin crawl.. But I really hope she can overcome her addiction, and hope she has some genuine friends by her side to help her somehow... She's too young and talented still to be falling apart like that. ...I love her too.

I hope so as well... I've been reading stuff about her being once again admitted to a rehabilitation center, and I'm more concerned with the rehabilitation centers nowadays than anything else, the things you can find out makes the skin crawl.. But I really hope she can overcome her addiction, and hope she has some genuine friends by her side to help her somehow... She's too young and talented still to be falling apart like that. ...I love her too.

Yes, I knew this, but I did not know about these things happening in the rehabilitation centers that makes the skin crawl, but I can imagine what it is. :fear: :( I also hope there is good and true friends by her side, giving all the support she needs at this difficult moment, but more importantly, I also hope that the family is with her??. She is an amazing artist and I really hope that she recovers. :angel:

Yes, I knew this, but I did not know about these things happening in the rehabilitation centers that makes the skin crawl, but I can imagine what it is. :fear: :( I also hope there is good and true friends by her side, giving all the support she needs at this difficult moment, but more importantly, I also hope that the family is with her??. She is an amazing artist and I really hope that she recovers. :angel:

Right, Ashtanga...

On to some music now - classic gem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9rCobRl-ng

Back