Travelling to The O2_ Maps modes etc etc

qbee

Proud Member
Last edited:
thank you. Do you know what the cheapest way is to get from Stansted airport to O2?

tube is pretty cheap. you can buy a day transport pass and use all of the tubes and buses as much as you like and they cover all London.

my thing is how do I convert my usd's into pounds or should I just use a visa credit/debit card?

my satnav totally failed me today, it couldnt find the o2 post code so make sure to test yours before you get in london lol.

Also for me coming from south yorkshire which is the best hotel the closest to o2 ?

thanks

my satnav totally failed me today, it couldnt find the o2 post code so make sure to test yours before you get in london lol.

Also for me coming from south yorkshire which is the best hotel the closest to o2 ?

thanks

Express by Holiday Inn Greenwich is pretty close to the O2 - about a 5 min cab ride or about 15 min walk

my thing is how do I convert my usd's into pounds or should I just use a visa credit/debit card?

Well the exchange rate at the moment is roughly $1.50 dollars to £1. You can exchange money at the airport but their rates are normally not as good and they normally charge you commission, my advice is to order your money beforehand through your bank. As for buying tickets, you normally buy them through visa credit/debit card and will automatically convert the price into the currency of your country with little or no charge depending on your bank.

Well the exchange rate at the moment is roughly $1.50 dollars to £1. You can exchange money at the airport but their rates are normally not as good and they normally charge you commission, my advice is to order your money beforehand through your bank. As for buying tickets, you normally buy them through visa credit/debit card and will automatically convert the price into the currency of your country with little or no charge depending on your bank.
oh okay, thank you so much i was wonder how to get pounds in exchange for USDs. I may have to order some for petty cash for spend on food, shopping, and the tube. oh yeah....

I have another question are the taxi's good to travel by? Also I was looking a london map and the thames river runs all up and through london. so my question is... what if i have a hotel that's on the other side of the river of the o2? Is the only way to travel over it by boat? or Is it possible that the railroad/tube runs under the water?

thank you. Do you know what the cheapest way is to get from Stansted airport to O2?

In my experience the Easybus company is the cheapest. You can buy a ticket from Stansted to London online or at the airport, but the online prices are a little cheaper. There are also other buses and trains, most of which are really only marginally more expensive than Easybus.

Found the website - http://www.easybus.co.uk/gb/bookGB.php

I may be travelling alone. :( So I was wondering is it safe to travel by tube in the night?

You'll probably be fine. London is not the safest city in Europe, but I have never had any problems there and I've used the transport late at night (by myself). You might not be completely alone anyway, because there will probably be other fans heading in your general direction on the tube.

You'll probably be fine. London is not the safest city in Europe, but I have never had any problems there and I've used the transport late at night (by myself). You might not be completely alone anyway, because there will probably be other fans heading in your general direction on the tube.

May sound like a silly question but do the tubes and buses run throughout the night too?

I'm wondering whether a safer option would be to book a taxi instead?

May sound like a silly question but do the tubes and buses run throughout the night too?

I'm wondering whether a safer option would be to book a taxi instead?

They do not run throughout the night. I'm not sure when they stop - I think around midnight or 1 in the morning. I also don't know if there's nightbusses - maybe someone from London can tell us. Fans could probably share taxis - they are extremely expensive!

They do not run throughout the night. I'm not sure when they stop - I think around midnight or 1 in the morning. I also don't know if there's nightbusses - maybe someone from London can tell us. Fans could probably share taxis - they are extremely expensive!

So the only options are taxi or walking back to the hostel.

How much do you reckon a two mile taxi trip in the middle of the night from the o2 would cost?

Also, how in advance can you book a taxi?

So the only options are taxi or walking back to the hostel.

How much do you reckon a two mile taxi trip in the middle of the night from the o2 would cost?

Also, how in advance can you book a taxi?

I'm afraid I have no idea. The only time I took a taxi was years ago and I'm sure the rates are different now. I think you should ask Moonstreet in the thread they started:

moonstreets anything you need to know about London / The 02 thread

Hopefully they can help!:)

Oh and PS: There are illegal taxis too and they should definitely be avoided!

You will have to specify which airport because there are many and not all of them can be reached with the tube - for some you have to take a bus or a regular train.

Back