track snippets?

Chris_Jones

Proud Member
Do you think we will be treated to snippets of the 8 tracks like we were leading up to the release of Michael? If so, when do you expect they will drop?

Maybe a week before release we will get 30 seconds snippets. - Or maybe even just a few days before.

But we will no doubt get snippets before the album is released.

iTunes usually do 90 second snippets now. Probably in the next couple of weeks if not sooner.

I say a week before the albums due to drop.
I'm thinking the estate are taking awhile to announce a tracklist because of the risk of leaking plus the fact that it contains previously leaked original and remixed versions of songs online (as previously explained in the main thread) :)

they are wasting time.snippets are a good way of promoting a record prior to its release.

I wouldn't be surprised if they 're-name' some of the tracks in an attempt to hide the fact some tracks are previous leaks.

I, and billions of other people, haven't heard any of them before.

Don't sweat it.

I think the tracks will leak a week before release. If leaked, iTunes may do a free stream.

Say what!? How is that negative!? I don't give a monkeys what they are called just so long as they are great! My comment was meant more as a business and PR observation.

Say what!? How is that negative!? I don't give a monkeys what they are called just so long as they are great! My comment was meant more as a business and PR observation.
They are not trying to hide the fact that some songs have leaked. They discussed it openly at the listening Session in LA. They know some fans have heard the leaks. but vast majority of the buying public have not. so the demo songs will be fresh for them as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they 're-name' some of the tracks in an attempt to hide the fact some tracks are previous leaks.

The only titles that is definitely changed is Chicago/She Was Loving Me, and that was to differentiate between the opening songs, which all have the word Love in the title.

To an extent, I would prefer for them to change it. That way, if a future fan ever types Do You Know Where Your Children Are in the Google search box, they won't find the years old reproduction.

Would be nice to hear, well, anything at this point. The 2 crappy snippets we have had are pointless and give no real clues as to the sound of the songs, and lack much vocals. They are worse than the snippets the traders and collectors "bless" us with.

Would be nice to hear, well, anything at this point. The 2 crappy snippets we have had are pointless and give no real clues as to the sound of the songs, and lack much vocals. They are worse than the snippets the traders and collectors "bless" us with.
So you want 8 crappy snippets i presume.

Last edited:
Lol its amusing really if you take a step back and look at things. As MJ fans, longer term we are super patient.... As soon as we get a sniff of a new release we need it now now now!

Regarding leaks, we're practically guaranteed an iTunes stream on May 5th or 6th. It'll be the main album only, though that's okay. A day or two later, if not the same day as the stream, the deluxe edition will leak. Sony knows they can't beat the leaks, so this is the best way to handle it. Look at Pharrell's album; it was given a release date of two weeks after it was announced. Sony said they weren't going to have any tracks played before the release and yet they still put a stream on iTunes without it leaking. Suffice it to say, this is a big deal release for Sony, and an even bigger deal for Epic, what with their sales doing rather poorly and their roster looked at in a less than positive sense. This is a do or die release, so they're going to pull out all the stops.

Back