Tour been in the works since 06?

michaeljojacksonfan

Proud Member
I remember back at the WMAs in 2006 MJs costume designer stated that "he is planing a brand new tour". Does this mean that THIS IS IT could have been in the works way back in 06?

trust if it was in the works back in 06 things wud of been much more organized,they even said they didnt have the show concevied when they announced the dates lol

trust if it was in the works back in 06 things wud of been much more organized,they even said they didnt have the show concevied when they announced the dates lol

yes your right, but i think MJ has always had ideas> for all the performances...back in 99' during Mj friends heard somewhere that he wanted to change BJ,but he didnt cuz the fans wanted to see the original...so Mj has had ideas for every performance,from a long time.

The actual ideas might have been there for a long time. The actual organisation though must be fairly new...

he met with keeny ortega i think it was at the begining of 07. mj agreed to it in nov 08

Michael and Kenny have been meeting since January 2007. Kenny's own words were that he and Mike always intended to put something amazing together, and that they both were waiting for the "perfect project". I guess they classed "This Is It" as the "perfect project" ;)

^yes I remember they met in vegas. I glad they waited this long. MJ was clearly not ready at the time.

Haha..looking back, God we've waited long, through all the rumors and speculations from 05' 2 seas deal.. haha.

people were joking saying we won't get anything untill 2009-2010 :hysterical:

I think the entire projekt is pretty new.

^yes I remember they met in vegas. I glad they waited this long. MJ was clearly not ready at the time.

Haha..looking back, God we've waited long, through all the rumors and speculations from 05' 2 seas deal.. haha.

people were joking saying we won't get anything untill 2009-2010 :hysterical:

hahaha well that was a good prediction :lol:

it feels like Kenny had to do a lot of talking cus, if it weren't for MJ's kids, he prob wouldn't want to do this. i know he talked about doin a lot of things, but he was so anti tour..lol. but a lot of fan begging and pleaing may have melted his heart...along with, his kids wanting to see him.(of course this is a residency and not a tour, so...)

it feels like Kenny had to do a lot of talking cus, if it weren't for MJ's kids, he prob wouldn't want to do this. i know he talked about doin a lot of things, but he was so anti tour..lol. but a lot of fan begging and pleaing may have melted his heart...along with, his kids wanting to see him.(of course this is a residency and not a tour, so...)

Wait, what? I thought it was Randy Phillips who was influenced by the kids, namely Blanket. Did Ortega say sumthing that I have yet to hear?

I dont think so, on Access hollywood he seemed like he wasnt even sure whether he would be doing big shows or smaller shows.

Back