Totally confused about TII Uk releases! Help!

MJRemixed

Proud Member
Which is best version to buy in the UK?

Which is the best DVD package? (in terms of freebies, steel case, linear passes AND BONUS FEATURES)

and...

Which is the best BLU RAY pacakage? (in terms of freebies, steel case, linear passes AND BONUS FEATURES)

Links to websites or names of shops would be appreciated!

I don't wanna buy something from somewhere only to find another website or store are selling the same product with a cool freebie or BONUS features/discs!

Well unless you're planning on dropping your copy of This Is It off the top of a tall building, I don't think it needs a steel case. So I think the best package is the exclusive one from HMV. It's the 2 Disc Special Edition, with 3D replica backstage passes. The 2 Disc Special Edition has the most special features of the DVD options: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=297953

If you do need your DVD to have metal protection, you can also get the 2 Disc Special Edition in a steelbook case: http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/1292...-It-Collectors-Edition-Steelbook/Product.html

There is only one version of the Blu-Ray available in the UK, as far as I know. It includes all of the special features the DVD has, plus a few extra. And it comes with a nice booklet too: http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=297954

Both Play.com and HMV.com offer free postage.

If you want the Blu Ray version, DVD.co.uk is slightly cheaper.

There is only one version of the Blu-Ray available in the UK, as far as I know. It includes all of the special features the DVD has, plus a few extra. And it comes with a nice booklet too

Doesn't the 2 disc DVD have the booklet?

Doesn't the 2 disc DVD have the booklet?
No, the photo booklet is exclusive to the Blu-Ray. If there's anything with the DVD it will probably just be a leaflet.

Does the Amazon Bluray have the booklet or just HMV?

I received my This Is It, Blue-ray and DVD yesterday. I wasn't expecting to recieve mine until Monday, as it's not officially released in the UK until 22 Feb.

The Blu-ray comes with booklet which I ordered from Amazon. I ordered my DVD from HMV, and that comes with 3 hologram photos that are only exclusive to HMV. I'm waiting from a metal case edition of This Is It on Blu-ray, that I have pre-ordered from Play.

Its all the blu-ray, got mine, the booklet is inside the box which was packaged by the manufacturer.

Thank you :)

I'm just confused why people are going to different places for different versions. Like the same person buying bluray from one place, dvd from another place ..

Also the Blu-Ray has exclusive features like Smooth Criminal, Thriller and Dancing Machine (that is a Walmart exclusive in the USA but available to all Blu-Rays in the UK).

Thank you :)

I'm just confused why people are going to different places for different versions. Like the same person buying bluray from one place, dvd from another place ..

Some retailers have "Exclusive's" and some don't which is why I've so far bought my Michael Jackson's This Is It from 4 different retailers.

Amazon: I bought the basic Blu-ray

HMV: I bought the DVD with 3 hologram pictures of Michael only"Exclusive to HMV".

Apple Store: I have pre-ordered Michael Jackson's This Is It as a digital download. Around late December all people who pre-ordered this, were given a free and "Exclusive only to Apple Store" documentary that's not on the Blu-ray or DVD.

Play: I bought Michael Jackson's This Is It for the Collectors Edition Steelbook Case.

I wouldn't have bought the DVD if it wasn't for the hologram pictures of Michael. The only disc worth buying in my opinion of the Blu-ray as that has all the extras a fan wants if you have a Blu-ray player. From some recent DVD's I have bought I find the Apple Store, digital downloads have a much better picture resolution that DVD's when you watch them on your laptop/computer.

Also the Blu-Ray has exclusive features like Smooth Criminal, Thriller and Dancing Machine (that is a Walmart exclusive in the USA but available to all Blu-Rays in the UK).

I can't believe Smooth Criminal, Thriller and Dancing Machine documentaries aren't available on all Blu-rays in the USA the home of Michael Jackson. That just makes no sense, and even worse than the Soul Train DVD not being released outside Japan.

Some retailers have "Exclusive's" and some don't which is why I've so far bought my Michael Jackson's This Is It from 4 different retailers.

Amazon: I bought the basic Blu-ray

HMV: I bought the DVD with 3 hologram pictures of Michael only"Exclusive to HMV".

Apple Store: I have pre-ordered Michael Jackson's This Is It as a digital download. Around late December all people who pre-ordered this, were given a free and "Exclusive only to Apple Store" documentary that's not on the Blu-ray or DVD.

Play: I bought Michael Jackson's This Is It for the Collectors Edition Steelbook Case.

I wouldn't have bought the DVD if it wasn't for the hologram pictures of Michael. The only disc worth buying in my opinion of the Blu-ray as that has all the extras a fan wants if you have a Blu-ray player. From some recent DVD's I have bought I find the Apple Store, digital downloads have a much better picture resolution that DVD's when you watch them on your laptop/computer.

Thanks for the information. Is there a specific reason why you chose the bluray from Amazon, do they have something hmv don't? I've seen other people do this too. I ended up ordering the 2 disc hmv collectors dvd (with the pics) and the bluray from there... even though I don't have a bluray player :lol: The Apple thing sounds interesting... hmmm.

is the dancing machine segment only available on bluray?

ok thanks. as the email i got from aeg says its on the double dvd aswell so im abit confused

or is the dancing machine available on the U.S double dvd?

Back