Torture Music Video..

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Hi! Okey i have a couple of questions i wanna ask regarding, torture the music video and the jacksons.

The first one is does anyone know why michael and jermaine decided not to participate in the video? i know they had some kind trouble but it was never said what..

The 2nd question i wanna ask is, was all The Jacksons Jehovas Witnesses when this video was made? This video is just as '' demonic '', and '' Occult '' as thriller was, but as far as i know there were no repruccusion. When Thriller came out it was a big deal for the JW, (he even had to put the, '' I do not worship the occult '' in the beginning of the video).

Feel free to discuss the music video aswell and if you know some answers i would be very happy if you could share them:)

On a sidenote, that music video just to scare the hell outta me:p

As far as I know, Michael had other obligations at the time and Jermaine simply refused to appear in the video.

If I remember correctly he left the JW's in 1987. The other Jacksons weren't as fanatic about their religion as much as Katherine, Michael, La Toya and Janet so I think the others left the religion a long time before. Since Michael doesn't actually appear in the video, I don't think the JW's could have done much about it anyway.

I hope this helps you :)

Last edited:
^ Pretty much agreed with the above post. I guess by this point (84) maybe the JW's kind of realised that Michael - and his brothers - were kind of going to do what they wanted and there was no point in complaining? I'm not entirely sure.

MJs brothers were never JWs so they would never be questioned about what they did by JWs. As Imperial said, MJ was not in this video so there would be no need to question MJ about anything that happened in the video.

VH1 did a pop up video segment about this video. It was interesting. :)

^ Like I said, I was just second guessing haha! Not a big fan of the Victory era, so I don't know too much about it. Just love the fact that Michael was replaced with a wax dummy in the video! Classic.

Back