Tori Amos

Anyone have an opinion on this legendary artist? Love her? Hate her? Never heard her music?

As you can probably tell from my siggy, I'm a huge fan of hers. :) I don't think there's a song of hers that I haven't liked.

I have her first 3 or 4 albums, up to the one where she's breastfeeding the pig on the cover, lol (Boys For Pele). I kinda lost track after that. She has a lot of B-sides. I even read her book. She's kinda quirky, but cool. I have no idea of what half of her songs are about, lol. Space Dog?

I love her. i saw her live, it was my first live show. Quite amazing.

I love the fact that some her songs seem to not make sense outright but are like metaphors...

Here's a track from the album she pretends doesn't exist. :p
[youtube]yzTNhdO0elM&fmt=18[/youtube]

Love her,one of my fav artists of all time.
I've seen her 3 times live and she's mind-blowing.She has this ability to interpret every single song differently for every concert,not to mention when she covers other artists..

lol space dog...
"I wrote this record in Mexico and there was this drawing on the mud wall where we were staying. and it was of this.. I thought it was a dog anyway. And I would look at this dog all the time and I thought it was saying stuff to me. I got on a plane to go to Chicago..and you know, most people think that I'm nuts. But the truth is, these things just like happen to me, I don't like dream them up. I was busy reading a romance novel, I was way more interested in what was going on in my book. And all of a sudden I hear this voice. It's this dog talking to me. And it goes, "Tori, check out the guy in Chicago." I said, "What guy in Chicago?" "Listen to that kid down there." I'm like, huh? And I'm like listening, right. And I hear this guy thinking, I hear him going, "I am not sitting here with these people. They are not my parents. I'm not like totally grossed out by these people." And was like talking into his peas. And he's going, you know, "get me outta here. get me outta here. these people belong on Oprah Winfrey" and um, he's like "lemon pie, do you read me, do you read me" And I'm like, I read you, buddy."

She's a genius.

From The Choirgirl Hotel is probably my all time favourite album (next to HIStory).

I still love her today. I wasn't a big fan of ADP's rock-pop stylings, but I dug both AATS and Midwinter Graces.

Back