*** TOP TEN most-viewed music stars on YouTube ***

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Eminem is expected to reach the coveted one billion milestone on YouTube this week.

The rapper will join Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga as one of the most viewed musicians on video-sharing website, with videos like 'Love The Way You Lie', 'Lose Yourself' and 'Not Afraid' proving hugely popular with viewers.

On average, Eminem's videos attract around 20million new views each week and 80million a month. The rapper is also one of the most popular artists on Facebook.

To celebrate the Eminem's achievement, Gigwise has put together a countdown of the top-10 most-viewed music stars on YouTube, which also includes Shakira and Soulja Boy.

http://www.gigwise.com/photos/61494...ael-Jackson-The-Top-10-Music-Stars-On-YouTube

10. SouljaBoy - 537,019,965 views on YouTube
9. Jonas Brothers - 561,359,679 views on YouTube
8. Michael Jackson - 631,567,909 views on YouTube
7. Black Eyed Peas - 640,560,329 views on YouTube
6. Britney Spears - 669,341,427 views on YouTube
5. Shakira - 680,449,192 views on YouTube
4. Rihanna - 978,517,053 views on YouTube
3. Eminem - 999,137,750 views on YouTube
2. Lady Gaga - 1,189,896,437 views on YouTube
1. Justin Bieber - 1,329,100,033 views on YouTube

The only reason why some people go to Beiber's videos is that they can press the dislike button :lol:

I'd watch more of MJ videos on YT, if they weren't blocked.
Sony is just stupid with their policy blocking some videos in some countries.

^ I agree, all of MJ's videos from VEVO except Hold My Hand are blocked in the UK.

Same here, plus a lot of other MJ videos are blocked as well :mello: And many videos that had a lot of views were taken off a few months after Michael's death. Why on earth would Sony do that?

On another note though, @ Moonwalker.Fan, why are you so obsessed with other artists being more "successful" in something than Michael? You have posted similar threads like this before. Who cares if Justin Bieber or Rihanna or BEP have more views than Michael's videos? It doesn't mean they're more popular. A lot of people go on their videos just to post hate comments and click the dislike button. Seeing the company Michael is in, I kinda wish he wasn't in that top 10 lol.

Last edited:
On another note though, @ Moonwalker.Fan, why are you so obsessed with other artists being more "successful" in something than Michael? You have posted similar threads like this before. Who cares if Justin Bieber or Rihanna or BEP have more views than Michael's videos? It doesn't mean they're more popular. A lot of people go on their videos just to post hate comments and click the dislike button. Seeing the company Michael is in, I kinda wish he wasn't in that top 10 lol.

This is another report, news about music artists, and this is also the world music section of the board.

And btw, yes, it means a lot who is more successful than Michael to me, it just shows something, if you like it or not, but not every MJ fan cares...

This is another report, news about music artists, and this is also the world music section of the board.

And btw, yes, it means a lot who is more successful than Michael to me, it just shows something, if you like it or not, but not every MJ fan cares...

What does it show then? That Justin Bieber has more haters and fangirls who watch his videos obsessively? That Lady Gaga's videos are not taken off and blocked in large parts of the world like Michael's are? Seriously, you need to stop seeing everything as a competition that Michael needs to win. Michael has already made his mark on the music industry and none of those people who overtook him in viewer count will ever achieve his kind of success. Do you think fans of the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elvis, Madonna, Stevie Wonder etc. are worrying about the fact that their idols don't get as many views as the Jonas Brothers or Justin Bieber? :lol:

Wait till any of those artists in the top 10 manage to outsell Michael. THEN you may have a legitimate concern. YouTube views mean nothing.

Well all these artist do have an advantage. Michael Jackson will never be well liked/loved/respected cause of the child molestation allegations. Even though Michael was acquitted but to many, he's guilty. Michael is not as popular like he once was.

Not exactly the most esteemed top 10 outside of MJ, huh?

After I read the title of the thread, I immediatley thought Justin Bieber is on #1. Well, I wasn't wrong (sadly)...

Sony is just stupid with their policy blocking some videos in some countries.

I agree. Michael's videos would get way more views if so many of them weren't blocked. Then he probably would be on #5.

this is the internet generation kids and teenagers and mj is the oldest artist out of all the list, lots of young people are discovering his music, three elementry kids were singing his songs on the bus today where i'm from lol

:bugeyed at the "top three" on this list. Like someone else said, I almost wish Michael wasn't on this list, judging by the company he's in.

A lot of truly talented artists [who don't use autotune, stupid attention-desperate stunts, or hairstyles/"cute" appeal] aren't on this list--and it's not because they're not talented...it's just because they're not popular. In fact, I can think of so many artists who are infinitely more talented than anyone on this list (except Michael) who probably aren't anywhere near the "billion views." I think, the only person in this list (excluding Michael) who has a good amount of talent and is truly unique/creative (I grudgingly admit) is Eminem. I don't like him, but one's got to be objective--and when it comes to talent, he has it. It's a shame he uses it to be obnoxious and rude--he could come up with clever/powerful songs like "Mosh", but I guess that's not as fun/popular as dissing others in cheap ways. The rest are thoroughly replaceable and nothing special, with Shakira being the possible other exception (at least she can dance well, doesn't do auto-tune and has an interesting/unique voice, even if I find it annoying--gotta give credit when it's due, I guess.)

Like I posted earlier, though, a lot of truly exceptional and talented artists are nowhere to be found. Take Emilie Autumn--the girl writes, sings, composes, and plays the violin, not to mention she makes her own outfits for her shows [unlike others who simply rely on designers to do the job.] Moreover, she doesn't sound like a wailing dying cat without autotune--so the talent is real. Blackmore's Night is also nowhere to be found, and they are among the most talented folk music groups, composing spirited music which truly paints a scene in a way most mainstream artists would envy. Their music is full of emotion, full of passion--something which is rare for mainstream artists to have (Michael is truly one of the few who have this.)

I can tell you that none of the people in this "top ten" YouTube watchers category, aside from Michael, have written anything which inspires any sort of emotion in me--their music isn't meant to be art, it's not meant to move the human heart--it's clearly meant to produce money, singles, club hits, and things for people to dance to and blast from their cars. Put "Baby", "Poker Face", "I Gotta Feeling" or "Love Bug", and I doubt anyone will be moved to tears (over the content and the songs themselves, "Bieber Fever", a disease which causes young girls to act like incoherent morons and cry/get excited over Justin Bieber images/songs for no good reason not counting.)

Put something like "Childhood," "Heal the World", or "Man in the Mirror", and there's bound to be a sort of emotional reaction, because those songs are meaningful and important. Similarly, put "The Art of Suicide" or "Mad Girl" by Emilie Autumn, and you will be moved, especially if you've 'been there.' Those kinds of songs have meaning and value, because they paint the artist as a complex human being with legitimate thoughts, emotions, experiences, and beliefs the audience can relate to--and not just some one-dimensional party-going, drug-loving, sex-crazed, rich beyond compare alien celebrity with emotionless, cold melodies. To be fair, some of Eminem's material is also equally laudable (although it inspires nothing in particular on my part), because his emotions are clearly legitimate and present in songs such as "Mosh," "Cleaning Out My Closet", and others of similar persuasion, and Lady Gaga's "Speechless" can also be said to possess the same qualities, because of the circumstances it was written under (although it fails to move me, but the difference between that song and her other material is immediately noticeable--and one has to be fair.)

My point is, these views mean nothing, and speak nothing of an artist's talent, or "how good" they are. In fact, judging by this list, it seems to be doing the opposite. Moreover, there's always the one thing to consider--some of those views are just people going over to express their dislike by hitting the 'dislike' button and posting comments on x artist's videos.

Back