Top Selling Albums of the Decade [Michael, Madonna, Prince have no entries.]

Agent M

Proud Member
I assume Michael had a top ten best selling album(s) in the 70s, 80s, and 90s so it's quite surprising that Invincible couldn't duplicate the feat in the first decade of the new millenium.

1: The Beatles' "1" was the best-selling album of the decade, according to a new ranking from Nielsen Soundscan. The compliation of number one hits sold 11,499,000 units.

2: "N Sync's "No Strings Attached" came second with 11,112,000 units sold.

3: Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me" was third with 10,546,000 units sold.

4: Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP" came fourth with 10,204,000 units sold.

5: Eminem's "The Eminem Show" came fifth with 9,799,000 units sold. Eminem was the top-selling artist of the decade.

6: Usher's "Confessions" came sixth with 9,712,000 units.

7: Linkin Park's "Hybrid Theory" sold 9,633,000 units.

8: Creed's "Human Clay" sold 9,491,000 units.

9: Britney Spears' "Oops!... I Did It Again" sold 9,185,000 units.

10: Nelly's "Country Grammar" sold 8,461,000 units.

http://in.reuters.com/news/pictures/rpSlideshows?articleId=INRTXRNFA#a=10

LOL!!!

The Beatles - which 50% of the music publishing belongs to Michael Joseph Jackson.

And at least 50% of those artists have their co-publishing through Sony-ATV and/or affiliates that Sony-ATV owns/controls.

Cha-CHING for MJ & the MJ3 !!!!

LOL!!!

The Beatles - which 50% of the music publishing belongs to Michael Joseph Jackson.

And at least 50% of those artists have their co-publishing through Sony-ATV and/or affiliates that Sony-ATV owns/controls.

Lol...for sure...so from now on if the Betles sell More albums...ama cheer them on...:p :D well kinda...:smilerolleyes:

L.O.V.E.
Romi

looking at this list shows how crappy the music really is this decade the only artist i liked on that list is linkin park the rest is crap!!!

Each decade was defined by a cultural movement, a musical revolution, a dance, a cohesive moment that shaped it all.

Other than Alicia Keys & a couple of other GOOD things that spawned (and I'm too sleepy to remember right now), this decade SUCKED.

Everything else that happened is war, destruction & MJs death.

Good riddance, 2000-2009.

looking at this list shows how crappy the music really is this decade the only artist i liked on that list is linkin park the rest is crap!!!

I like Linkin Park - but they spawned in the 1990s, so they aren't really of the millennium.

Usher's "Confessions" is a GREAT R&B album, but it's no Thriller by any means. And Usher is also a 1990s by-product.

M & M is lucky to still have a career at this point. Do not like his whiny rapping voice.

I like Linkin Park - but they spawned in the 1990s, so they aren't really of the millennium.

Usher's "Confessions" is a GREAT R&B album, but it's no Thriller by any means. And Usher is also a 1990s by-product.

M & M is lucky to still have a career at this point. Do not like his whiny rapping voice.

lmao agreed! ... and ohh i forgot about usher i bought the confessions cd about 4x because i listen to it non stop and ends up scratching the cd haha that is INDEED probably one of the best R&B cd next to OFF THE WALL lol :p

Good to see Norah Jones at #3. Interesting that a catalog album sold the most units. It says something about the saying power of that genre.

Is this really correct? I am just surprised Backstreet are not on this list. They were neck to neck with Nsync and sold more than them initially.

This is the best selling albums, but who is the best selling artist of the decade?

I'm pretty sure this must only be for America? I find it hard to believe that not one album in a decade sold more than 11.5m copies...

america only i presume due to soundscan and considering number ones sold around 7 mill ww b4 june 25th ontop of sonys quotes for the sales of vince.

Good to see Norah Jones at #3. Interesting that a catalog album sold the most units. It says something about the saying power of that genre.

Actually, The Beatles 1 wasn't a catalog album. It was a new (in 2000) hits album. As far as Prince is concerned, he sells most of his current albums himself, so obviously doesn't have the distribution power of a major label. But he also doesn't have to sell a lot or have hit records to make money because there's no middleman. In America, Madonna's, Prince's & MJ's biggest selling albums were in the 1980s.

Is this really correct? I am just surprised Backstreet are not on this list. They were neck to neck with Nsync and sold more than them initially.

Backstreet's biggest hit was Millennium, which came out in 1999, and it was bigger than NSYNC's self-titled debut released in 1998. But Backstreet's 2000 album, Black & Blue, was soundly beaten by No Strings Attached. NSYNC's followup CD, Celebrity, was also a huge smash though not as big as No Strings Attached. NSYNC has broken up while BSB has released some albums that quite frankly are not on the pop culture radar. Their fans have grown up and abandoned them and the next generation of teens has found its own idols like the Jonas Brothers I guess.

Hmmm, I own three of the ten on that list. The Marshal Mathers LP, Conessions and Hybrid Theory. Its definitely an American list though, would like to see an international one.

Well with the exception of The Beatles these artists hit their commercial peak at some stage in the 2000s, at least what I mean to say is I remember the Eminem craziness (good riddance to that) and the NSync and Usher crazes lasted a couple of years plus consecutive releases... whereas Michael only had one new release.

I'm not surprised. Just glad this decade is gooooing gooooing... gooooone

Not surprised by the list. I'm happy w/ the Beatles at No. 1. I think this list was created before they re-released their catalog plus two box sets, so hopefully they'll have surpassed Em. before the yr is out.

LOL!!!

I forgot about the Sony-ATV affiliates in regard to the list, so I think MJ gets a piece of the Eminem songs as well. Wow, I guess the 2000s were very lucrative for Michael w/ his publishing rights.

Invincible is #79 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop albums of the decade.

and Invincible is #1 on Top Catalog Albums of the decade (I don't know what that means)

:)

Back