Top rock songs really top worthy?

claudiadoina

Proud Member
:clapping::tease:

Today I want to take a look at http://www.mymusiclists.com/songs/best-rock-songs-of-all-time/ ’s best rock songs of all time. My question for them is how did they come up with that list? Did they use a vote strategy? Did they base it on sales or just threw names out there?

Well I am a bit concerned with how Mymusiclists.com organized this list of “Best rock songs of all time” because I happened to notice that Michael Jackson was there not once but at least 3 times. Now, I have nothing against Michael Jackson, but he is the king of Pop, not rock. His songs are not what many rock music listeners would consider rock songs nor do they have that characteristic rock tune in them. They are good indeed, but they are taking up space that other great rock songs could be using. I do praise this website because they have a good selection of songs that are truly worthy of being among the top, however as I look at the top 5 songs I wonder, how did “Dirty Diana” by Michael Jackson make it to second place? Isn’t AC/DC good enough to beat that song?

source examiner.com

Billie Jean is a rock song??? wtf.

I think it's R&B Soul.

Back