Tonex, Gospel Singer, Working With Michael.

smoothcriminal12

Proud Member
In 2007, Tonex (a gospel singer) announced he was working with Michael Jackson, along with other artists. In a magazine named 'VesselVibe', he announced he was working with Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson, Brandy, Usher and Danity Kane. For Janet Jackson, Usher and Danity Kane it didn't work out.
What about Michael?

Here are some of the songs Tonex makes.

This one is Tonex with some guy dancing to it. I think you guys might recognize this beat....:wild:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIqgQojiiz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL8wgTMQS00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52g7NE_0A2o&feature=related

Tonex is a huge, I mean huge Michael Jackson fan. When he sings his gospel music on TBN, he dances like Michael. Dude is very talented too. I can see him giving Michael an gospel anthem sort of like Man In The Mirror.

I would LOVE it if Michael did a gospel type of song again...like Man In The MIrror, Keep The Faith, WIll You Be There type of song....that would be AWESOME!! :yes:

Tonex is a huge, I mean huge Michael Jackson fan. When he sings his gospel music on TBN, he dances like Michael. Dude is very talented too. I can see him giving Michael an gospel anthem sort of like Man In The Mirror.

He's a cool dancer of what I've seen on youtube
But please no more anthem songs, just pure dance and feel good songs for the new material

Another fan added to the I'm working with MJ" list. Lol!
Tonex is cool tho. You can definately see the Jackson influence in his music and dancing.
That Alive Dance vid samples DANCING MACHINE . The other 2 you see the dance influence.

O/T: I knew I shoulda went ahead with that thread 3 weeks ago like I started to ! Lol!

Damn, the songs in those video are amazing. The music and song are great. Looove it.
& is that him dancing in the first video? :woohoo:

Tonex is very talented. I have heard a lot about him. I hope that he and Mike work together.

He said this way back in '07, for as far as I know, his music didn't make Janet's last album but maybe it will on her next. Who knows?

Tonex has been under scrutiny in the gospel community because he's been trying to modernize gospel to the point he's cursing on some of the records, apparently they felt he wasn't being real to his God, he left the church he was ministering at because he felt he didn't belong there because of shady people in the church.

Other than that, he still does gospel but has been wanting to do more secular stuff for some time.

mmm there was one more small issue that the church/gospel community had with him

You got that right!
And there's a lot I could say about some church folk but some things are better left unsaid! :lol:

why should it? there have been church people who have made me feel like i was going to hell because i didn't do things their way, and none of them ever cracked the bible themselves. and they use God's name to justify themselves. so they smear God and scare me at the same time. it should be shouted from the rooftops. i've scoured the bible as much as i can..and..well..as controversial as this may sound..i don't see anything there against using four letter words. if anything...i think that 'church folk' may have put Tonex through a lot of unnecessary pain. but i'm only saying that, based on my own experiences.

You just answered your own question. And very well I might add.
Especially this part:
because i didn't do things their way,

But I aint trying to offend nobody. Thats why I said what I did. :)
But your post is the truth.

why should it? there have been church people who have made me feel like i was going to hell because i didn't do things their way, and none of them ever cracked the bible themselves. and they use God's name to justify themselves. so they smear God and scare me at the same time. it should be shouted from the rooftops. i've scoured the bible as much as i can..and..well..as controversial as this may sound..i don't see anything there against using four letter words. if anything...i think that 'church folk' may have put Tonex through a lot of unnecessary pain. but i'm only saying that, based on my own experiences.

That just reminded me last night. My brother and his youngest daughter came over here to eat and my brother had wanted to see if one of his relatives (by marriage) was involved in some hip-hop models thing. I think my niece went around snooping into our business - she's seven - and had the nerve to come to my mama and say "my daddy can't look at "naked girls" because he's a Christian". Mama shot her the " :huh: " look saying that her father was a grown man and just because he's a Christian (which I am also by the way) doesn't mean he shouldn't be looking at it and the girls weren't fully naked either, lol. Then she had the nerve to tell her about the Bible and Mama always believed in the Bible basics, she's not a church bunny, then she read something off the refrigerator saying "a true friend..." or whatever it said, then replaced it with 'a true GOD' and mama said she was blaspheming God which she was. My niece shut up after that.

I think she was influenced by what she heard my brother's wife said to her or him or whomever.

Never heard of him but I LOVE mike's gospel influenced songs, so I am excited about this possible collaboration.

Tonex like Kirk Franklin got tagged by rumors and the old school church guard don't like you crossing over. some still ain't forgave Ray Charles and Sam Cooke amongest others for that.

Tonex like Kirk Franklin got tagged by rumors and the old school church guard don't like you crossing over. some still ain't forgave Ray Charles and Sam Cooke amongest others for that.

oh, thats a shame

Back