Today is Off The Wall's 30th Anniversary

A timeless classic, just the rest of Michaels works. It's such a sexy album. Every song is a piece of art. Still relevant today.

By the way that performance of DSTYGE was the hottest I've ever seen Michael perform. Even better than Dirty Diana and that's saying alot. Phew I need to breathe

Last edited:
"Guuuurl close your eyes..."

And you're right, OTW still sounds fresh like it was straight out of the oven.
I was out driving last night blasting Rock With You, still gives me chills... actually now more than ever.

i red it good blog but i must say that your favorite song comment makes no sense.

Awww I love Off the Wall, love It's the Falling in Love, FANTASTIC lyrics.

Wasn't there a 30th anniversary edition planned or am I imagining that?

Forgot all about it :happy: :sad: ... yes, "holla" to a great piece of art. Thank ya kindy Michael :heart:

Nice! This album has zero bad songs, though I guess most of his albums are the same in that regard...

Oh yeah! Happy Birthday OTW! :D It's amazing, 30 years later, and that album is still more original and innovative then any of the music out there today. Classic, but yet never old. His music is truly timeless. I'll be forever (SO) grateful for the music he gave us.
Thank you, Michael :heart:

What you all know about that "Get On The Floor"!!!!!!!!!!!!

..and dance with me, i luv the way you shake that thang girl...

ok i am literally dancing in the hallway at work

I love this album!!! Makes me wanna P.A.R.T.Y!!!! We love you Michael... X Get on the floor...and dance with me... Oh I love that song!!!

I listened to it last night. :wub: Sounds better than ever!

Love it.
Was the first album I ever bought, found a ton of MJ stuff from when I was little yesterday, my first copy of Off the wall included. I must own about 3 Off the walls now ahah

Off the wall is my favourite MJ album and era - along with Bad.

So tonight gotta leave that nine to five upon the shelf
And just enjoy yourself
Groove, let the madness in the music get to you
Life aint so bad at all
If you live it off the wall

:dancin:

Back