Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: September 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Proud Member
September 16th, 2001:
Michael calls on those he knows in the entertainment business to come together to record a song that will hopefully raise 50 million for the survivors and the families of victims of 9/11. The song, 'What More Can I Give', will be produced by Michael and all proceeds will go to a relief fund for the victims families and survivors.

Quote of the Day
:
"I believe in my heart that the music community will come together as one and rally to the aid of thousands of innocent victims. There is a tremendous need for relief dollars right now and through this effort each one of us can play an immediate role in helping comfort so many people. We have demonstrated time and again that music can touch our souls. It is time we used that power to help us begin the process of healing immediately."

--

Michael.jpg

Michael performing 'What More Can I Give' with an all star ensemble (October 21st, 2001)

I hope you're all well. :)

He did nothing but help healing the world.

And the world gave him sooo little back. :(

He did nothing but help healing the world.

And the world gave him sooo little back. :(

That bolded sentence is not accurate. One does not become the biggest recording artist EVER by people not giving, caring, listening and loving his message. More people respected and loved Michael than those that hated him. We all have our detractors, famous or not. The haters haven't put a dent into Michael's legacy of love through his music and humanitarian works.

September 16th, 2001:
Michael calls on those he knows in the entertainment business to come together to record a song that will hopefully raise 50 million for the survivors and the families of victims of 9/11. The song, 'What More Can I Give', will be produced by Michael and all proceeds will go to a relief fund for the victims families and survivors.

Quote of the Day
:
"I believe in my heart that the music community will come together as one and rally to the aid of thousands of innocent victims. There is a tremendous need for relief dollars right now and through this effort each one of us can play an immediate role in helping comfort so many people. We have demonstrated time and again that music can touch our souls. It is time we used that power to help us begin the process of healing immediately."

--

Michael.jpg

Michael performing 'What More Can I Give' with an all star ensemble (October 21st, 2001)

I hope you're all well. :)

Memorable.... :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back