Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: May 28th

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~MAY 28~

mjmjmjsmile.jpg

Concert in Philadelphia (Pensylvania)

The Jackson 5 sign a new contract with CBS Records’ Epic Records to begin with the expiry of their current contract with Motown in March, 1976. They cite low royalty payments and lack of artistic control among some of the problems with Motown. Brother Jermaine, who recently married Motown founder Berry Gordy’s daughter, Hazel, is replaced by Randy, and remains with Motown to pursue a solo career.
J5CBS.jpg

‘Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin”/‘Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ (2)’ by Michael Jackson, released this month on Epic, enters the Pop singles chart peaking at number 5 and remains on the charts for fifteen weeks. There is no video to accompany this single.
michael-jackson-wanna-be-startin-somethin.jpg

‘Get It’ by Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson enters the Top 100 singles chart in Britain peaking at number 37 and remains on the charts for four weeks. The song is taken from ‘Characters’ (LP) by Stevie Wonder.
get it.jpg

Mesereau go to the Santa Maria courthouse with Brian Oxman & Joe Jackson for an hearing where Judge Melville sets September 13 as date for the trial to begin.

ARTICLE:

May 28, 2004
Details Of Next Hearing

Defense attorneys in the Michael Jackson case have filed two motions that will be presented to Judge Rodney Melville on Friday, May 28, 2004.

The first of these motions is for a reduction of Michael Jackson's $3 million dollar bail, which as reported earlier, is strongly opposed by the prosecution because of Michael Jackson's "immense wealth".

The second motion is for the "discovery" of prosecution evidence which would force the prosecution to reveal to the defense the evidence and documents that they are planning to use against Michael Jackson. By doing so, the defense can be equally prepared and receive a fair trial. The defense is requesting that the prosecution be given a deadline in which to present this evidence to avoid any unnecessary delays in the trial.

The prosecution has yet to present the defense with more than 300 items seized at Neverland and other locations in December, approximately 1,100 pages of documents, including police reports and summaries of witness interviews, 51 audiotapes and two videotapes.

Michael Jackson's defense team stated, "Mr. Jackson's right to a fair trial is jeopardized by the undue delay of discovery by the prosecution.''

The prosecution has said the items are still undergoing forensic examination and are not available.
Source: AP / MJFC

Michael visits a Tokyo Children's home and tells a group of 140 excited children, I'm very happy to be here. I'm happy to be with you lovely people and Aishiteru meaning I love you in Japanese. He is greeted by about 100 fans as he arrives in a black van, wearing sunglasses and a white T-shirt under a black double-breasted suit with a single red armband.
[Video @ the end]
481058_224924187624504_158576907592566_405216_1365897163_n.jpg

Irish boy-band Boyzone, reforming after an eight year absence, feature a medley of Jackson 5/Michael songs, including ’ABC, ’Billie Jean’, ’Bad’, ’The Way You Make Me Feel’ and ’Black Or White’, in their comeback show. [Video @ the end]

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Michael in Japan (2006)

[video=youtube;0yfzFk-4NqY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfzFk-4NqY&feature=related[/video]

Irish boy-band Boyzone performed a medley of Michael Jackson's Hits! (2008)

[video=youtube;t1MB4CTUstc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1MB4CTUstc[/video]

Quote of the day: " Before you judge me, Try hard to love me"
-
♥Michael Jackson♥, Childhood

**Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day.

Happy Memorial Day! :heart: :)

Attachments

• mjjstevie.jpg
    mjjstevie.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Boyzone covering MJ video was awesome :clapping:
Ten points for effort to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
‘Get It’ by
Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson enters the Top 100 singles chart in Britain peaking at number
37 and remains on the charts for four weeks. The song is taken from ‘Characters’ (LP) by Stevie Wonder.

Get It - Stevie Wonder with Michael Jackson
[video=youtube_share;isj1CAq4hZE]http://youtu.be/isj1CAq4hZE[/video]​

Back