Today in Michael Jackson History March 3rd

qbee

Proud Member

Today in Michael Jackson History March 3rd

HISTORICAL DATES

1979 - Michael Jackson's "You Can't Win" peaked at #81 on the Bill board charts. After the original soundtrack version for the Wiz movie was recorded, Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones went back into the studio and re-recorded the track for a single release. It was the re-recording that was released in January 1979 as the second single from The Wiz: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack.

- Michael visits Madame Tussaud's Waxworks in London to see the unveiling of his waxwork look-alike.

1988 - Michael Jackson performs a benefit concert of his BAD tour to benefit minorities in madison Square Garden, N.Y City. Sponsored by Pepsi-Cola company, The proceeds of $ 600.000 went to a scholarship fund, Jackson established in 1985 for UNCF - United Negro College fund. Tickets for the New York performance were donated to charities and disadvantaged youths, and the scholarship money was raised through a solicitation campaign. Among celebrities guests were Brooke Shields, Quincy Jones, Prince, Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder, Madonna, New York City Mayor and the whole Jackson family.

1989 - Michael Jackson excepts the Black Radio Exclusive (BRE) Humanitarian Award in recognition of his philanthropic efforts during a ceremony held at the Universal Amphitheater in Universal City California. (on a unspecified date March 1989)

- Michael's cousins, Rijo & Simone Jackson arrive at Neverland. The significance of this event is their testimony about this time spent with the Arvizo children is helpful to Michael in the 2005 trail. Young-cousin-testifies-at-Jackson-trial

2009 Michael lands at Luton Airport, London via a private jet of (Harrod's owner) Mohammed Al-Fayeds around 2pm with Prince, Paris, Blanket and manager Dr Tohme Tohme. They check in the hotel Lanesborough, Park Lane. Michael is in London to appear at a press conference on March 5th in which he will announce his return to the stage with his "This Is It" Tour

PICTURE OF THE DAY

BRE_Humanitarian_Award5_March_1989_zps33abf354.jpg

Michael excepts the Black Radio exclusive (BRE) Humanitarian award 1989

SONG OF THE DAY

You Can't Win -

http://youtu.be/kq-xTRxLlNg

VIDEOS OF THE DAY

Michael Jackson visits Madame Tussaud's in 1985

http://youtu.be/t0qpYcqkSUo

Another Part Of Me - BAD Tour - Madison Square Garden 1988

http://youtu.be/4eEqx-x2ZY4

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"On many an occasion when I am dancing, I have felt
touched by something sacred. In those moments, I felt
my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists."

~ Michael Jackson

* For your convenience > MJJC Index For all "Today In Michael Jackson History" Threads

* Also see > March ~ On This Day In Michael Jackson History - Monthly Calendar / Legacy Project forum

Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History. Please PM Qbee if you find any misinformation or broken links to pictures, videos etc.

Waw you should not show me those rotating hips on a Sunday Qbee. Good, happy memories today, beautiful smile in the photo of the day, and that quote, is simply "Michael Jackson."

Back