Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: June 23rd

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~JUNE 23~

Michael-Jackson-souvenir--007.jpg

‘2300 Jackson St.’ (LP), the first Jackson album in five years, is released by Epic Records. The album is named after the family’s home address in Gary, Indiana. The album does poorly, peaking at number 59 on the Pop albums chart. The album’s first single, ‘2300 Jackson St.’ features all of the Jacksons except LaToya and Marlon. It is the first single on which Janet and Rebbie sing with their brothers. The accompanying video shows the family enjoying ‘Family Day’ at Tito’s home. With the completion of the ‘2300 Jackson St.’ album the Jackson’s contract with Epic Records is fulfilled. It is not renewed. [VIDEO @ the end]

2300-Jackson-street.jpg

Michael touches down at London Heathrow Airport on his way to Munich to hold a press conference about his Heal The World Foundation.

005-22.jpg004-24.jpg003-25.jpg002-25.jpg001-25.jpg

Michael visits Cab Calloway, the eighty-six year old jazz legend, who is recovering from a stroke in a New York hospital.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

2300 JACKSON STREET VIDEO- 1989

[video=youtube;0RZMRSRCF0I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RZMRSRCF0I[/video]

CAB CALLOWAY

[video=youtube;HnTkg5Ua_rI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnTkg5Ua_rI[/video]

Quote of the day:
“Our children are the most beautiful, most sweet, most treasured of our creations. And yet, every minute at least 28 children die. Today our children are at risk of being killed by diseases and by the violence of war, guns, abuse and neglect. Children have few rights and no-one to speak for them. They have no voice in our world. God and nature has blessed me with a voice. Now I want to use it to help children speak for themselves. I have founded the Heal The World Foundation to be the voice of the voiceless: the children.”
-
♥Michael Jackson♥, June 23, 1992

**Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day.

ENJOY! :heart: :)

A Michael Jackson news story on the press conference at the start ot the Dangerous word tour. Taken from CBBC Newsround.

June 23: Michael arrives in London to hold a press conference about his Heal The World Foundation (he takes Brett Barnes with him on tour)

Back