Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: June 17th

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~JUNE 17~

Beautiful-Smile-michael-jackson-28358228-639-550.jpg

Michael attends the wedding of Tito & Delores (Dee Dee) Martes in LA.

5622644253_d760802fdf_m.jpg

Michael Jackson: The Legend Continues is the number one best selling video cassette on Billboard’s Top Video Cassette Sales chart, replacing Michael’s own video, Moonwalker. [Video @ the end]

michael-jackson-the-legend-continues-1988-b235.jpg

Eliza gives birth to Steveanna Jackson but she files for divorce soon after.
:birthday:[HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY STEVANNA JACKSON] :heart:

2045754520102543353S600x600Q85.jpgstevie1_BP.jpg

Michael leaves the Renaissance Hotel in mid-afternoon for a business meeting with Mohammed Al Fayed. After the meeting he visits Al Fayed’s store, Harrods, then returns to the hotel just before seven in the evening. Michael later meets with Adrian Grant, to sign a batch of limited edition prints, and to discuss a new book project.

MJShar.jpg

Michael's passport is returned to him as well as his $3 million bail.

John Branca meets with Michael & Frank Dileo during rehearsals at The Forum and they talk about working together again.

Katherine Jackson does interview with Marc Schaffel in order to promote her new book "Never Can Say Goodbye : The Katherine Jackson Archives"

NEVERCANSAYGOODBYE.jpg

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

MICHAEL JACKSON: THE LEGEND CONTINUE - TRAILER

[video=youtube;VRKUi9MDLC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRKUi9MDLC0[/video]

Previous orthodontics failed. What is a successful actress with crooked teeth to do?
- STEVANNA JACKSON INTERVIEW

[video=youtube;C52VFWUxi2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C52VFWUxi2I[/video]

Quote of the day:
"My goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive... the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance."
-
♥Michael Jackson♥

**Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day.

Have a good one! :heart: :)

ENJOY :)

Last edited:

Michael goes at
Oona O'Neill's manor in Basel (Charlie Chaplin's wife)

Although I didn't find any myself, thanks for the history info. Much appreciated.

The first video is like OMG! MJ is one baaaaad mofo! Woooo!

Happy birthday Steveanna! :D

Thanks to Sabe for your contribution too.

And as always, thank you Romi

Last edited:
[video]http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/52YbH48Vx0A/[/video] 54:05 the whole version!!! woohoo

Tommy Chong ("Cheech and Chong" fame) is responsible for discovering the Jackson 5.
Remembering Michael Jackson Tommy Chong FRIDAY, 26 JUNE 2009 07:36

I met Michael and his family in Chicago at the Regal Theater when they were performing as The Jackson Five and Johnny in 1968.

I was performing with my band Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers, co-headlining with Jerry Butler. The Jacksons were the opening act. They were incredible, with the smallest of the family the biggest vocalist and dancer. They were kind of in awe of us because we had a recording contract with Motown and we even had a hit record, "Does Your Mama Know About Me," which was written by Tom Baird and yours truly. Bobby immediately invited the Jacksons to come to Detroit where he would arrange an audition with Berry Gordy, the president of Motown. The Jacksons took Bobby up on his offer and stayed with Bobby for an entire month while they waited for Berry Gordy to hear them. Of course, once Berry heard them he gave them a contract, which Joe Jackson (their father) brought to me, because I was the only guy in the group that had any business experience. I was the unofficial leader of the Vancouvers - I owned the club in Vancouver where Berry Gordy and the Supremes discovered us. Bobby was the lead singer and the unofficial spokesperson of the group and the Jackson 5's biggest cheerleader. When Joe Jackson brought me the contract, there was a window of opportunity where I could have become their manager, but the thought didn't cross my mind until decades later.

Bobby Taylor did produce the Jacksons' first album as a reward for bringing them to the company. Later, Diana Ross took credit for their discovery (Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5), but that was more of a publicity stunt as Diana was launching her solo career. Diana did discover Bobby Taylor and the Vancouvers, which kind of means she was responsible in a secondhand way for the discovery of the King of Pop and his family. I lost touch with the Jacksons, but I would run into Jermaine on occassion and we would share memories of that magic time in 1968. (Jermaine recorded "Does Your Mama Know About Me" - it was a favorite song of his - and Diana recorded the song as well.) I watched the Jackson 5 and Michael as they went through their changes over the years and I would smile at the thought of how I was involved in giving the world one of the greatest singers/entertainers ever.

michael-jackson-the-legend-continues-1988-showtime-special-dvd-.jpg

http://www.celebstoner.com/200906262487/blogs/tommy-chong/tommy-chong-remembers-michael-jackson.html

Back