Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: June 16th

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~JUNE 16~

Best-smile-ever-michael-jackson-15898533-500-572.jpg

The Jackson 5 performs Moving Violation at the Dinah Show (they are introduced by Janet) [Video @ the end]

The Jacksons star in their own variety series which airs on CBS called The Jacksons. The show, which was first announced in January 1973, is based on their successful Las Vegas shows and features the whole family with songs from the Motown era as well as new material. Michael, however, hates doing the series each week!

Michael performs before a capacity audience of 50,000 at a sell-out concert at St. Jakobe Stadium in Basel, Switzerland. Amongst celebrities at this show are Elizabeth Taylor and Bob Dylan. While in Basel, Michael meets Mrs. Oona Chaplin, the widow of one of his heroes, Charlie Chaplin.

Michael+Jackson+Bad+Tour.jpg

The press report that Michael is secretly planning to finish his world tour which was prematurely abandoned last November due to his addiction to pain-killers.

Michael is the subject of Entertainment Weekly’s cover story, which reports that Michael intended to go into films before the allegations hit.

Michael Jackson- Entertainment- 1995.jpg

‘Blood On The Dance Floor’ album receives a Platinum Award in Europe for selling over a million copies.

Blood_On_The_Dan_4d9ecc03836c7.jpg

Michael is one of nearly 3,000 people who attend a memorial service for movie legend Gregory Peck in Los Angeles.

238284-michael-jackson-et-gregory-peck-en-1999-637x0-2.jpg

Santa Barbara County Judge Rodney S. Melville refuses to lower Michael Jackson’s $3 million bail. He states that Michael’s wealth justified the higher-than-normal bail amount and that the bail should remain higher than what is typically imposed on defendants facing similar charges to ensure that Michael appears at future court dates.
--

On ebay’s American website the “Most Valuable Piece of Rock Star Clothing”, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, is being auctioned - a white sequined Michael Jackson glove. The glove, designed by Michael in collaboration with one of his costume designers, is made with Swarovski Aurora Borealis crystals, individually hand-sewn. The assembly allows for complete flexibility and individual movement of each stone. Michael presented this glove to the late Sammy Davis Jnr. in the Eighties and is on ebay’s site with a starting price of $3 million. The money raised will benefit the SOS Fund (Support our Students).

mj_auction2_glove.jpg

Michael visits the Disneyland Resort in Paris, accompanied by about ten bodyguards and goes on several attractions, including the Haunted Mansion and the Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast.

168989265_46e4192955.jpg

As of today you can download ’Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ 2008’ the new Michael Jackson track featuring Akon. The digital release of the single is available through iTunes at only 79p a track.

Michael goes to Dr Klein's in Beverly Hills.
--
This week, local D.C. attorney Henry W. Asbill of Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP appeared in court to represent Michael Jackson against the charges filed by Raymone Bain. Also, three additional attorneys from the New York firm have been arranged to help work on the case pro hac vice (as they aren't legally licensed to practice law in D.C.) alongside Mr. Asbill, including Frank C. Salzano, Donna L Gordon, and most notably L. Londell McMillan. It is now expected that a response to the suit will be filed before the 10-day default notice is up--later this week, and that no default judgment will be awarded.

Katherine, Prince, Paris, Blanket, Alejandra, Genevieve, Stevaanna, TJ, Taj & Austin attend Randy Jr & Donte's graduation.

the-jackson-family-at-randy-jr-and-dontes-graduation-jaafar-jackson-27848221-560-350.jpg

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Jackson 5, Moving Violation on Dinah Shore Show - 1975

[video=youtube;0GBxjYZsQUA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GBxjYZsQUA[/video]

Quote of the day: “Today I feel more betrayed than perhaps ever before; that someone, who had got to know my children, my staff and me, whom I let into my heart and told the truth, could then sacrifice the trust I placed in him and produce this terrible and unfair program. It breaks my heart that anyone could truly believe that I would do anything to harm or endanger my children: they are the most important thing in my life. Everyone who knows me will know the truth which is that my children come first in my life and that I would never harm any child.” :cry:

-
♥ Michael Jackson ♥

**Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day.

Have a good one! :heart: :)

The Jacksons
PREMIERED: Jun 16, 1976 CBS (ended 1977)

The thirty-minute Wednesday evening show began airing on CBS as a summer 1976 show and it continued into the 1976–1977 season, finishing on March 9, 1977 after running for 12 episodes. A variety show starring the Jacksons (Jackie, Tito, Marlon, Michael, and Randy) and their sisters (Rebbie, LaToya, and Janet).

THE SUMMER OF '76
That was when The Jacksons debuted on CBS, a half-hour variety show starring Michael along with his brothers and sisters. The Jackson 5 had just left Motown for CBS Records so a 4 week CBS TV show was good synergy. It was also a chance to debut the group's new name and introduce younger brother Randy who replaced Jermaine when he chose to stay at Motown. Not that Michael particularly wanted to do the musical comedy series, he was already looking ahead to a time when he would shed the unnecessary background singers and go out on his own. By this point it was obvious to everyone that Michael was carrying the group even if his most recent solo album in 1975, Forever Michael, failed to hit.

Here's a bit from the fourth and last episode of the summer series. Note the groovy but already dated looking outfits. Were the Jacksons using their tour outfits for the show? They had some hideous, gaudy getups during this period.

The Jacksons did so well in the ratings the series was picked up as a mid-season replacement but the summer sizzle was gone and so was the show in just a few weeks. No wonder, with the lame skits and feeble guest stars like Ed McMahon, Joey Bishop, John Byner and the like. What were they doing on a show hosted by The Jacksons?

The group was even reduced to singing Andrews Sisters tunes and other 1940's ditties. Brighter spots came when the group performed their hits and on an episode that guest starred Dom DeLuise and Muhammad Ali. David Letterman also appeared a couple of times as a standup.

http://www.tvparty.com/70-jacksons-tv-show.html
Season 1 -Episode #1 6/16/76 Sonny Bono guest stars
Episode #2 6/23/76 Guest star Mackenzie Phillips
Episode #3 6/30/76 Ed McMahon guest stars.
Episode #4 7/7/76 Joey Bishop guest stars in the last episode of the season.
Season 2 -Episode #5 1/19/77 Redd Foxx guest stars on the season opener.
Episode #6 1/26/77 Carroll O'Connor guest stars
Episode #7 2/2/77 Dom DeLuise and Muhammad Ali guest star.
Episode #8 2/9/77 Betty White guest stars.
Episode #9 2/16/77 Georgia Engel guest stars.
Episode #10 2/23/77 John Byner guest stars.
Episode #11 3/2/77 Lynda Carter guest stars.
Episode #12 3/9/77 Tim Conway guest stars.

[video=youtube;Nv54USXYs44]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv54USXYs44[/video]

February 2, 1977 Dom DeLuise/George Miller/Muhammad Ali
"Moving Violation"
"That's the Way (I Like It)"
"Style of Life"
"Steppin' Out"
"Hello, Dolly!"
"Life of the Party"

...And for Today's encore Presentation of "Style of Life"

WoW!

A man after my own heart! The girls surfing takes me back to my younger days...so carefree...sun, surf, life is just sooo sweet...awhooo

wolf-howling-uk-grey-wolf-conservation-trust.jpg

Back