Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: June 14th

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~June 14~

MJ-michael-jackson-smile-12511842-704-480.jpg

‘Moving Violation’ by The Jackson 5, released on May 15 during a period of discontent in the Jackson family towards Motown, enters both the Black and Pop albums charts peaking at numbers 6 and 36 respectively. It remains on the Pop charts for fifteen weeks. This will be the last Jackson 5 album released by Motown - all subsequent releases are compilations of earlier recordings.

jackson-5-moving-violation.jpg

Michael is on the cover of The News Of The World magazine.

Michael & Lisa Marie give an interview to ABC’s Primetime Live with Diane Sawyer. The Scream video is premiered. A new controversy arises about some lyrics to the song They Don’t Care About Us that would be anti-Semitic which Michael categorically denies. [Video @ the end]

In London, Michael visits the Houses of Parliament accompanied by Uri Geller and magician David Blaine. On arrival he is met by Labour Party Peer Lord Janner who has invited him to come along and join in the birthday celebration for Chief Secretary to the Treasury, Paul Boateng, the first black minister in the Cabinet. The House of Lords is Michael’s favourite room. He points at the gold throne and says: “I want that.” However, he was less impressed by the seats in the Commons chamber, sitting on one and asking: “Are they comfortable after hours and hours?” Boateng later says of Michael’s visit, “What a fantastic birthday surprise. I can’t believe it! It’s the best present ever. I can’t believe that I’m with the most famous musician.” [Video @ the end]
--
Michael leaves Paddington Station, London, on a train ride to Exeter with Uri Geller, magician David Blaine and 200 fans at 12.30pm. Reuters describes the event as bedlam, saying that the scene at the station was “Pure chaos, recalling Beatlemania back in the Sixties.” Tickets for the journey were priced at £100 each, including travel in luxury first class seats and access to the benefit concert at St James’ Park, home of Exeter City Football Club, which Michael was also attending.
--
On his arrival in Exeter, Michael is first taken to a hotel then later to St James’ Park where 10,000 had gathered for this fund raising event, organised to raise money for the football club and two charities aimed at combating Aids and malaria.
--
Michael attends a charity fundraiser at Exeter City FC organised by Uri Geller.

Michael’s brothers, Jermaine and Tito Jackson, are interviewed on MSNBC. They speak of their joy and belief in Michael as well as praising the jury for the great job they did and that “they did the right thing”. On Michael’s reaction to the verdict, Jermaine says: “He was strong … very strong … he’s been tremendously strong. He wants to really, really, thank his supporters around the world … the fans and the people who love my brother and love the family and have always supported us from the very beginning. He’s been 1,000% innocent and that shows today. It’s been a long, long struggle and a tough road but being a family and staying together we can overcome anything and that’s what we’ve proved. Thank you and thank everyone who’ve really believed in us and we know the ones who didn’t and said this and that … that’s not what it’s about. We thank god, we thank the people who have been there and who know who we really are and so I’ll say again, thank you to the world.” On what may happen next for Michael, Tito says: “Michael can go on with his life and do what he does best: making good music, making his fans happy, making people happy all over the world, and that’s what it’s about … Michael’s resting and enjoying his family, his children - taking it easy today.”

Michael's acquittal is seen everywhere in the media. Mesereau gives an interview to Larry King. [Video @ the end]
--
Michael, Grace and the kids leave Neverland and go to San Diego to stay at Deepak Choprah's.

Michael, Anton, Grace & the kids go to Disneyland Paris where they check in the New York Hotel.

Michael Jackson’s glove for his upcoming ’This Is It’ tour will be designed and created by La Crasia Gloves in New York. “They sent us a tracing of his right hand and we’re making some samples for him to choose from,” said Jay Ruckel, the firm’s master cutter.

Attorney General Brown ask Judge Pastor to revoke Dr. Murray's medical licence. Murray's defense team brings up the plane incident where Dr. Murray helped a patient, adding that there's no need to suspend his licence. Judge Pastor doesn't suspend Dr. Murray's medical license refuses to overturn the decision made by the last judge to hear the case Judge Pastor says "I don't have ability to revisit the actions of one of my colleagues. I do not have jurisdiction to revisit this matter. It doesn't have anything to do with how I feel or what I think. It has to do with the law and this court's ability to follow the law".
--
Katherine, Joe, La Toya, Tito, Jermaine and his wife and his son (Jermaine Jr) attend the hearing.
--
The preliminary hearing date has been set for August 23
--
Michael is inducted into the Apollo Theater's Hall Of Fame in NYC. Jamie Foxx introduces Michael's induction and Chris Tucker accepts Michael's award on behalf of his family and children. [Video @ the end]

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Prime Time Interview- 1995

PART 1

[video=youtube;bDFnqART8_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDFnqART8_I&feature=relmfu[/video]

PART 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgc9rhwwv1c&feature=relmfu

PART 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjc1U76zoeU&feature=relmfu (This Part Might be blocked in the US)

PART 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2rOvOYZvvE&feature=relmfu

PART 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igJmCxppjRg&feature=relmfu

❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆❆

Michael Jackson Visits the UK Parliament - 2002

[video=youtube;qhG0pUnByvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhG0pUnByvc[/video]

Michael Jackson's speech at Exeter - 2002

[video=youtube;hcekQrM0bTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcekQrM0bTs[/video]

What did Happen After The Trial? - Includes Larry King's interview with T-Mez

[video=youtube;lv6mQOnRkgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv6mQOnRkgw[/video]

Michael Jackson and Aretha Franklin Inducted to Apollo Hall of Fame
[video=youtube;T5dy-S5q2nc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5dy-S5q2nc[/video]

Quote of the day: “I am bewildered at the length to which people will go to portray me so negatively,”
-
♥Michael Jackson♥

**Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day.

Have a good one! :heart: :)

Last edited:
parlament2.jpg

Paul Boateng who was absolutely blown away when Michael Jackson sang Happy Birthday to him---Uri Geller

Friday, 14 June, 2002, 14:49 GMT 15:49 UK
Jackson's visit raises eyebrows

By Keily Oakes BBC News Online entertainment staff

In one of the more bizarre processions Westminster has seen, pop star Michael Jackson toured the Houses of Parliament on Friday.
He was accompanied by close friend and psychic Uri Geller and magician David Blaine - and a hairdresser whose sole job was to brush his locks every now and again.

Paul Boateng who was absolutely blown away when Michael Jackson sang Happy Birthday to him

And at the invitation of Magic Circle member Lord Janner, Jackson dropped in on a surprise birthday party being held for MP Paul Boateng.

Geller told BBC News Online: "The trip to Parliament was fantastic - Lord Janner was very gracious.

"We had a chat with the Lord Chancellor then we went on to the terrace.

"We surprised Paul Boateng who was absolutely blown away when Michael Jackson sang Happy Birthday to him."

Jackson's eclectic trip to the UK also includes an appearance at a division three football ground and a party being held in his honour by fans. The visits clearly go against his usual behaviour, that of reclusive international superstar. But there are question marks about whether his career has suffered because of this.

Scepticism

So is hitting the UK for a whirlwind visit to the UK a tactical ploy to get attention or simply an opportunity for him to help a charity and thank his fans at the same time?

Michael Jackson joined in singing Happy Birthday to MP Paul Boateng

Geller has invited Jackson to attend a charity event being held at Exeter City Football Club, where he will be made an honorary director. And unsurprisingly, some said it was all a hoax. Jackson is used to filling giant stadia around the world, yet not all the tickets for the 10,000-seat event have been sold. But there is no doubt his star has faded in recent years. There must be a desire to resuscitate his career and going back to grass roots promotion would seem a good place to start.

Ulterior motive

But fans do not share the scepticism about the motives behind Jackson's UK visit. "I believe he is in the UK to carry out two things that are closest to his heart; helping a children's charity and thanking his fans for their support since the last album," Gloria Haydock, president of the Michael Jackson News International fan club, told BBC News Online. "He has nothing to promote because effectively the last album has been killed off, so there is no ulterior motive behind it." Jackson holds the record for the biggest selling album in world with the 1982 release Thriller, which has sold 47 million copies. Not a hair out of place, thanks to the hair-brush assistant. But his elusiveness has also brought about a reputation of not being in touch with the real world.

Charity launch

Jackson is no stranger to UK shores, having visited on several occasions. But his trips have rarely been run-of-the-mill promotional tours. In 1999 he was in London as a guest of Harrods proprietor Mohammed Al Fayed. During his stay, Jackson visited the top London store and Fulham Football Club, where Mr Al Fayed had recently taken over ownership of the London side. His last appearance in the UK in June 2001 did little to dispel his eccentric reputation as he visited the Oxford Union to launch his charity Heal the Kids. After much hype, Jackson was three hours late for his appearance, hobbling on crutches after injuring himself. Jackson once visited Mohammed Al Fayed at Fulham FC. At the time Jackson was beginning to move into the limelight again as he prepared to launch his first original album in 10 years.

Sidelined

But although eagerly awaited by fans, positive reviews for Invincible were few and far between, with criticisms he had not moved on musically in a decade. This was reflected in album sales, which reached five million worldwide. Fans blame Jackson's record company Sony for not doing enough to promote it, effectively accusing it of sidelining him in favour of newer artists. This started a campaign by fans across the globe, which culminates in a mass demonstration outside Sony's London headquarters on Saturday.
Following the demonstration, a fan party is being held at a London nightclub with Jackson confirmed as the star guest. Despite the drop in Jackson's popularity there is still a confidence he can once again emulate the popularity of his heyday.
"No-one is denying there are problems with his career but he has survived far worse things and come through it," said Ms Haydock.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2044889.stm

Birthday thriller for minister as Michael Jackson drops in

By Benedict Brogan, Political Correspondent12:01AM BST 15 Jun 2002
Gold braid, chaps doing funny walks and flunkeys bearing ceremonial hairbrushes are the things of everyday life at the Palace of Westminster, so in that sense a visit by Michael Jackson was hardly going to be a thriller. But yesterday morning the ancient eccentricity that is the trademark of the Lords and Commons paled into insignificance beside a pop star whose best friend is a chimpanzee. That he was accompanied by Uri Geller, the self-proclaimed psychic whose party trick is bending spoons without touching them, David Blaine, the young American magician and escapologist, Patti Boulaye, the soul singer turned Tory, and the exiled Crown Prince of Yugoslavia merely added to the oddity of the moment. And it culminated in what must have been one of the most improbable meetings in parliamentary history when Jackson and his entourage were ushered in for a chat with another wearer of outlandish uniforms, the Lord Chancellor. Lord Irvine's office was unable to provide an account of the conversation that followed between the singer of Tabloid Junkie and the connoisseur of claret and fine wallpaper. "He knows who Michael Jackson is," an assistant insisted. "I don't think he had to be told." Hopes that they might have tried on each other's stage gear were dashed when the Lord Chancellor appeared without his full-bottomed wig or his breeches and buckle shoes. Nor is it known if they exchanged presents and if Lord Irvine will be sporting a single diamante glove when he next appears on the Woolsack.
The singer, who wore a black, double-breasted dinner jacket, a white, wing-collar shirt without a tie and a silver bracelet on his left wrist, paused frequently to dab his face with a make-up sponge. A make-up artist accompanied him at all times.
Jackson's fleeting visit to the Palace brought the place to a standstill as staff lined the corridors hoping for a glimpse of the enigmatic star. Wielding an umbrella to protect his chalk-like complexion from the sun, his hair primped every few minutes by an aide with a brush, he was shown through the grandest rooms and expressed a desire for the throne in the Lord chamber. "I want it!" he announced with the certainty of a squillionaire. In the Royal Gallery and Robing Room Jackson was mobbed by tourists. He shook hands and signed autographs, then gave an impromptu demonstration of his moonwalk. The tour was arranged by Lord Janner, a friend of Mr Geller's and fellow member of the Magic Circle club of magicians. He described the occasion as "totally unique".

Unlike the Commons appearance earlier this year of Alicia Keys, another American pop phenomenon, Jackson was not asked to perform.

But he provided the harmony when the group sang "Happy birthday" over a cake for Paul Boateng, the Chief Secretary to the Treasury who was recently promoted to the Cabinet. Mr Boateng said: "What a fantastic birthday surprise - I can't believe it. I thought it was a spoof. It is the most incredible surprise. It's the best present ever. I can't believe that I'm with the most famous musician."

Jackson's brief appearance on the Commons terrace provoked screeches of excitement from fans on Westminster Bridge, before he was whisked away in a convoy of limousines. Jackson appeared last night at a fund-raiser for Exeter City Football Club, of which Mr Geller is the new chairman. In a 10-minute appearance, he spoke about children with Aids to a 10,000 crowd. After admitting he knew nothing about the World Cup, he agreed with fans that England were going to win.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...for-minister-as-Michael-Jackson-drops-in.html

The Jackson 5 closed out their celebrated Motown tenure with Moving Violation, a slight if intermittently engaging LP buoyed, as always, by the brothers' remarkable vocals. A slickly commercial overture to the growing disco audience, the record is a patchwork of borrowed sounds and styles, from the Philly soul-inspired title cut to the percolating nightclub groover "Body Language" to the futuristic climax "Time Explosion." It's telling that the siblings sound most galvanized on an over-the-top cover of the Supremes' "Forever Came Today," the album's lone nod to Motown's rich legacy. Also noteworthy is the gossamer ballad "All I Do Is Think of You," which anticipates the quiet storm sensibility of the decade to follow. It's also a showcase for the gorgeous sibling harmonies that would begin to fracture with Jermaine Jackson's subsequent exit from the Jackson 5 ranks. ~
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8072447

Moving_Violation__Original_Recording_Remastered__a  .jpg

Jackson 5 - Moving Violation

MICHAEL JACKSON & The JACKSONS - Moving Violations tour in Mexico 1975 (full concert)

I thought Moving Violation was released in 1975, not 1976.

Back