Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: July 8th

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~ JULY 8 ~

beautiful.jpg

Rev. Jesse Jackson, in Kansas City to address the African Methodist Episcopal Church Convention, visits The Jacksons at their hotel and attends the concert at the Arrowhead Stadium.

michael-jackson-Eddie-Van-Halen-sized(2).jpg

Michael performs to a capacity audience of 72,000 at a sell-out concert at the Olympic Stadium in Munich, Germany. [Video @ the end]

Dance sensation group, BouncE, organized this flash mob (new term for me, too) tribute putting together very impromptu choreography to Jacksons Beat It and getting the crowd at Sergelstorg and Central Station to pull it off. (You really just have to watch the video.) [Video @ the end]

???????????????????????????????????????????

BAD TOUR In MUNICH, GERMANY- 1988

Michael Jackson Tribute Stockholm July 8, 2009

Quote of the day:

"Holding on to love is not wrong, but you need to learn to hold it lightly, caressingly. Let it fly when it wants. When it's allowed to be free, love is what makes life alive, joyful, and new. It's the juice and energy that motivates my music, my dancing, everything. As long as love is in my heart, it's everywhere.

**Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day.

God Bless :heart: :)

Thanks. Was very proud as a Swede when I say what they did at Sergelstorg and at the Central Station.

CAMPAIGN NOTES Published: July 3, 1984
Mr. Jackson was traveling to Kansas City today to prepare for a speech at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and a meeting with the Democratic Party's presumed Presidential nominee, Walter F. Mondale.

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/07/03/us/campaign-notes.html

The General Conference of the A.M.E. Church
Definition and Sessions
The General Conference is the supreme body of the African Methodist Episcopal Church. It is composed of the Bishops, as ex-officio presidents, according to thrank of electioin, and an equal number of ministerial and lay delegates, elected by each of the Annual Conferences and the Lay Electoral Colleges of the Annual Conferences.

The General Conference meets every four years for the express purpose of electing bishops and other officials of the Church.

The first organizational convention of the church was held April 1816 In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

The number of session of the General Conference held after the organizational convention , by the African Methodist Episcopal Church are as follows:
Forty-Second July 1984 Kansas City, Missouri
http://www.ame-today.com/abcsofame/generalconference.shtml

Jesse Jackson Rainbow Coalition Speech 1984

The Jackson Victory Tour In Kansas City 1984 Part 1

Back