Today in Michael Jackson History February 15th

qbee

Proud Member
Today in Michael Jackson History February 15th

HISTORICAL DATES

1979 - The Jacksons perform last of two nights of their Destiny World Tour in Geneva, Switzerland.

1992 - Michael Jackson, was crowned "King of the Sanwis" on a golden throne Saturday Feb 15th in Krinjabo, an Ivory Coast village. Jackson, who wore an orange shirt and black pants. He was donned with a traditional yellow-orange robe during the ceremony. Kings and chiefs from nearby villages joined Krinjabo villagers in celebrating Jackson's honorary enthronement. Elders chanted incantations as they poured gin on the dry ground to honor the memory of the village's ancestors. As the village people stood in admiration, Amon N' Djaolk, the traditional tribal chief of Krindjabo, placed a crown of gold upon the head of the musical monarch and pronounced him "king of Sanwi.. Overcome by emotions, the shy, sensitive son of Joseph and Katherine Jackson smiled and said, "Merci beaucoup," to the French-speaking people and repeated in English, 'Thank you very much." He then joined elders of the king's court, signed official documents and sat on a throne of gold as women dancers, clad in white gowns, gave a dazzling performance of ritual dances. These elderly women are the guardians of the village, and their ceremonial dances gave their blessings to the crowning of "King Sanwi" and asked God for protection at a tree that symbolized the essence of power.

1993 - Give In to Me" the tenth track on Michael Jackson's 1991 studio album Dangerous is released as a single. Its peaked at number one in New Zealand for four consecutive weeks, and at number two on the UK Singles Chart. Stylistically, "Give In to Me" is a hard rock ballad which featured Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash. The song, also considered a heavy metal ballad, has an aggressive sexual flavor. The single was never released in North America or Asia but became a top ten hit in five countries. . The single release is notable for its B-sides, which include the album versions of two of Jackson's other hard rock songs, "Dirty Diana" and "Beat It", which also include guest appearances by hard rock guitarists (Steve Stevens and Eddie Van Halen, respectively).

2005 - Michael Jackson was admitted into the Marian Medical Center in Santa Maria today for a serious case of the flu. The case has been delayed until Tuesday, February 22nd, to allow time for Michael to recover. Judge Melville said "I had a conference with his doctor, He informs me Mr. Jackson is very ill with the flu." Michael had been ill the day before and was en-route to the courthouse when his symptoms took a turn for the worse.

PICTURE OF THE DAY

2efkvfq.jpg

King Sanwi being entertained after his coronation

SONG OF THE DAY

Give In To Me - Michael Jackson Short Film

http://youtu.be/LJ7qXHjxj_0

VIDEO OF THE DAY

Michael Jackson crowned King in Africa 1992

http://youtu.be/6qcws1BpAA0

Michael Jackson Coronation - King of the Sanwi's Tribute -Moon Is Walking

http://youtu.be/PZDp937z7vs

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Singing is a form of acting, the way you do certain lines, the feeling, you can call it acting."

~ Michael Jackson

* You might also enjoy February ~ On This Day In Michael Jackson History - MJ Calendar 2013 in Legacy Project

* Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread
by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History.

Qbee Is that the same Bob Jones who wrote the book? I see here is more positive about Michael. How quickly his hand will stab Michael in the back!!!

You have some great footage of the coronation. I wish we had some posters of those shots with the robe & crown and also the group shot with everyone in their robes.

Its hard to get any HQ pics of the coronation because most what is out there is just video stills. And the videos are not in great quality either. I had a hard time finding good footage for my vid. I wish we did have pictures good enough for Posters too.

Back