Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: August 7

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~AUGUST 7~

attachment.php

Michael performs to a capacity audience of 60,000 at a concert at Vicente Calderón in Madrid, Spain. Whilst in Spain, Michael is presented with a quadruple Platinum Award for ‘Bad’ before his concert. [Video @ the end]

Staff at Disneyland fail to recognize Michael when he turns up in disguise, wearing a wig, blue contact lenses, false teeth and light make-up. A cashier becomes suspicious when Michael’s friend presents his (Jackson’s) credit card. In the end, Michael has to prove his identity by demonstrating some of his famous dance steps, including the moonwalk. Disneyland politely request that Michael rings up first in future, before visiting.

Motown Records re-release the following Jackson 5 albums on CD: ‘Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5’ (the first time this has been released by itself onto CD), plus the following double albums on single CDs; ‘Third Album’/‘Maybe Tomorrow’, ‘Skywriter’/‘Get It Together’, ‘Looking Through The Windows’/‘Goin’ Back To Indiana’, and ‘Dancing Machine/Moving Violation’.

motown1.jpg
Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5

Motown2.jpg
Third Album’/‘Maybe Tomorrow

motown3.jpg
Skywriter’/‘Get It Together

motown4.jpg
Looking Through The Windows’/‘Goin’ Back To Indiana

motown5.jpg
Dancing Machine/Moving Violation

♥♥♥

MICHAEL JACKSON - MADRID, SPAIN- 1988

[video=youtube;L6GkcwL7JYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6GkcwL7JYI[/video]

Quote of the day:
"
I know my race. I just look in the mirror. I know I'm black."

-Michael Jackson,

Remarks at National Action Network headquarters (9 July 2002)

***Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day.

Have a good one! :heart: :)

Attachments

• 301157_219636728096950_147786685281955_655813_507409428_n.jpg
    301157_219636728096950_147786685281955_655813_507409428_n.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 33
Thank you Earthlyme :flowers: nice presentation - Love the picture :wub: too

I LOVE THE PICTURE! Thank you so much for posting. And indeed, what they said there at end of the video was true
"By the end of the concert, everyone knew they had experienced a historic moment in (Spanish) music"

Thankyou for the comments. I do this not only because I want for #MJfam to know and feel closer to Michael, Its also because I Love Michael so much and I get so excited just searching for information, pictures, vids, etc… and getting things together for all to experience.

There are times when it takes me over 3-5 hours to get some info and vids…etc, and it does not tire me because I get to find more vids/pics/infos. that I didnt know existed about Michael. It's one of the ways I keep Michael alive in my mind, heart and soul. And when I get comments like yours, #MJFam, I know that you appreciate it too.

I would also like to apologize for not posting the Daily HIStory for Most of July, I was away for personal reasons… Next time i'll give a heads up. :)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5

During this period, Gordy came across "I Want to Be Free", a composition written by West Coast-based Motown producers Freddie Perren, Alphonzo Mizell, and Deke Richards for Gladys Knight. At first, Gordy wanted the three producers to instead record the song with Diana Ross, but soon decided to give the song "the Frankie Lymon treatment" and record it with the Jackson 5. Richards, Mizell, and Perren began re-working the song, and Gordy and Taylor also became involved in the revision process. The result was "I Want You Back", which became the Jackson 5's first Motown single, and the first of four Jackson 5 songs that went to number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1970. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Ross_Presents_The_Jackson_5

MANY of Michael Jackson's most ardent fans believe he was most influenced by James Brown, Smokey Robinson, Fred Astaire and Diana Ross.

But the skills and direction he assimilated from them were merely the icing on an explosive cake. That recipe was given to Michael by the unbelievable Frankie Lymon.

The Lymon sound, energy and exuberant buoyancy were all incorporated by Michael, just as Lymon's group the Teenagers influenced the Jackson 5. What's more, two huge fans of Frankie Lymon were Berry Gordy and Quincy Jones.[/b]

Frankie lived a hard life. Not long enough to find his "Thriller" or live in a Neverland, but make no mistake, his work was the seed that grew into the King of Pop. http://articles.philly.com/2009-07-09/news/24985672_1_frankie-lymon-fred-astaire-fans

The performers most inspired by and derivative of Lymon and the Teenagers' style are The Jackson 5 and their lead singer and future superstar Michael Jackson. Motown founder Berry Gordy based much of the Jackson 5's sound on Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers' recordings, and the Teenagers are believed to be the original model for many of the other Motown groups he cultivated.

Frankie Lymon's Legendary Teenagers
Their first crossover hit in the 1950's "Why do Fools fall in Love?, inspired, influenced and opened doors for artists like Michael Jackson and Madonna. The first group to succeed internationally they were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1993 and the Doo Wop Hall of Fame in 2002.
http://www.topqualityshows.com/material/dowop.html

Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers - Why Do Fools Fall In Love

Frankie Lymon & The Teenagers - Baby, Baby

Back