Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: April 8th

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
April 8th~

1985-
The single "We Are the World" was the #1 Billboard Pop Hit.

1988-
Michael plays the first of three nights at The Summit, Houston [Video @ the end]

1990-
Ryan Wayne White passes away from complications due to AIDS.
mjryan.jpg

1991-
Michael Jackson organizes a "Seat Chimp Tea Party" to raise money for Jane Goodall’s Ape Research Institute.

Film-shines-a-light-on-Goodalls-good-works-32DHU35-x-large.jpgMichael-Jackson-with-Bubb-001.jpg

2005-
Michael goes to court with Katherine and Tito.

2012-
Cirque du Soleil opens their last of 2 nights of the Jackson "THE IMMORTAL" World Tour performance at the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, NY.

:punk:[h=1]Bad Tour Live in The Summit, Houston 1988 [/h][video=youtube;EOsJarBdD4s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOsJarBdD4s[/video]

Quote of the day: "What we need to learn from children isn't childish. Being with them connects us to the deeper wisdom of life which is ever-present and only asks to be lived. They know the solutions that lie waiting to be recognized in our own hearts."
-Michael Jackson

***Please feel free to contribute by adding your thoughts, related info, pics or videos to expand this historical MJ event.

Have a wonderful day :heart: :)

Thank you Earthlyme
So heartbreaking..I had no idea Ryan White passed away on this day. Bless Michael's sweet soul for making such a strong statement against HIV discrimination.

Back