Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: April 2nd

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee

April 2, 1997

On April 2, 1997 the debut single from the album, "Blood on the Dance Floor", was released in Europe. The single peaked at #1 on the UK Singles Chart. The U.S. release of the single was less popular peaking at #42 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and #19 on the R&B chart.

Quote of the day,
“Hope is such a beautiful word, but it often seems very fragile. Life is still being needlessly hurt and destroyed.”
―

--
mjbloodonthedancefloor.jpg
Michael on the set of BOTDF :heart:

I hope you have a nice day
:kickass:

Last edited:
15 years ago!!! Oh me, oh my.

Seems like yesterday. I remember playing it in the record department where I worked and being amazed when the album got to #1 a week later. Unheard of for a remix album.

^^ Even more impressive when you consider it wasn't released until Wednesday rather than the usual Monday, giving it only five days of sales.

And it remained on top the second week too. 95-97 was a great period to be an MJ fan in Europe.

HIStory in the Mix! Woohoo! I remember when this came out I was mystified about MJ's style on it.
I looked at the cover thinking....this is Michael Jackson?
I bought it....listened to it...and loved it! He sure could reinvent himself. :D

I love this song but just wish that they published the original version on the Visions box set :(

The first time I learned about this song was from a next door neighbor who let me borrow the single. For the first time in my life I had no idea Michael had a single out. I was shocked! How could I not know Michael had a new song and album out... I never heard this song on the radio. It really showed me how times had changed and so quickly. It would be nice to hear it sometimes on the radio now.

MattyJam;3618144 said:
^^ Even more impressive when you consider it wasn't released until Wednesday rather than the usual Monday, giving it only five days of sales.

And it remained on top the second week too. 95-97 was a great period to be an MJ fan in Europe.

I cant agree more..., it seems like yesterday. :clapping:

I cant believe its been 15 years...:cry:, and I won the original CD singel... in (Czech-Slovak) Bravo´s fan competition.

Cover art for Michael's Blood on the Dance Floor Single release

MJ-BOTDF_Single.jpg

Written, composed and produced by Michael Jackson and Teddy Riley

Solo and background vocals, vocal arrangement by Michael Jackson

Teddy Riley and Brad Buxer: Keyboards and synthesizers, drum programming

Matt Carpenter: Digital Systems programming

Engineered by Teddy Riley, Dave Way and Mick Guzauski

Mixed by Mick Guzauski

I remember as a little 4 year old jaming to this tune, when it first came out. I didn't even know who MJ was back then, but I loved this song.

Omg, I remember when the video got aired for the first time, it was before I got the cd so I didn't know the name of the song or anything. I didn't get to see it because my cable broke exactly that night! :mat:
But I called a friend of mine who saw it and I asked her "Just tell me, is it a slow tune or not?" and she was like "Definitely not a slow tune!!" :D Oh the good old days :sigh:

Back