Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: April 20th

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~April 20~

Joe Jackson arranges for the whole family , including sisters Rebbie, LaToya & Janet to perform twice a day a family show at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas ( Nevada ). Katherine attends every shows. (12 of 15 shows)

Moonwalk, Michael’s long awaited autobiography is published by Doubleday and soon becomes a best seller.
Moonwalk_cover.jpg

Michael is in Chicago to film the video for Jam featuring Michael Jordan, Kriss Kross and rapper Heavy D. (he takes Brett Barnes & Wade Robson with him) [Video @ the end]

Michael & Lisa Marie welcome 46 youth from 17 countrries at Neverland for the World Children Congress.
neverland-april-18-20-1995-mj-lisa-m-welcome-46-youths-at-never-for-world-children-congress.jpg

Michael attends the innauguration of his wax statue by french artist Mime Marceau at the Musée Grevin in Paris . He is accompanied by his new Manager Tarak Ben Ammar.
1997-april-19-paris-8.jpg

At the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, Michael tapes a performance of Dangerous for Dick Clark’s(RIP) 5Oth Anniversary of American Bandstand. [Video @ the end]

2005 (Day 35)
Michael goes to court with Katherine Testimony of Brian Barron.
:heart: Michael+Jackson+Michael+Jackson+Trial+Continues+ESRT9L4PdoUl.jpg :heart:

Michael starts the rehearsals for the "This Is It' concerts at Center Staging in Burbank, California with Kenny Ortega & Travis Payne.
92b69be4-1c82-43ac-94da-858b214aa7a2.grid-6x2.jpg

Miko Brando, Michael Bush, Dennis Tompkins & Karen Faye are back in the MJ TEAM.

TMZ has learned the executors for Michael's estate have signed a huge deal with Cirque du Soleil. Co-executor John Branca tells TMZ, the first show will open in fall of 2011 -- and will travel throughout North America including the Staples Center in L.A. ... the same venue where MJ's memorial was held. The show will be heavily focused on dancing -- honoring the legendary moves of MJ. It will also feature Jackson's songs and have the trademark Cirque du Soleil acrobatics.In 2012, a second show -- in partnership with MGM MIRAGE -- will open in Las Vegas which will be far more theatrical with emphasis on technology and 3D. "It will be a theme-park-like show," says Branca. Sources say the shows will be worth a fortune to the estate. Cirque and the estate will split costs and profits 50-50.

Michael tapes a performance of Dangerous for Dick Clark’s(RIP) 5Oth Anniversary of American Bandstand.

[video=youtube;wRq-WVPBoQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRq-WVPBoQU&feature=related[/video]

Michael is in Chicago to film the video for Jam featuring Michael Jordan, Kriss Kross and rapper Heavy D.

[video=youtube;Uy3k_dgOZXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy3k_dgOZXc[/video]

Quote of the day: “I wrote a book called ‘Dancing The Dream’. It was more autobiographical than Moonwalk, which I did with Mrs. Onassis. It wasn’t full of gossip and scandal and all that trash that people write, so I don’t think people paid much attention to it, but it came from my heart. It was essays, thoughts and things that I’ve thought about while on tour”
-Michael Jackson

***Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day.

WEEKEND Almost here :dancin:… Have a good one! :heart: :)

Last edited:
Michael was so funny in Making of Jam:)
He is like a busy Bee around M Jordan trying to teach him to dance and adjusting him into correct positions, lol.
Oh well, some people are made for dancing, some people are made to play basketball:)

Sorry i'm late !! :doh:

More about Grevin april 1997

http://www.grevin.com/perso/michael-jackson

Sorry it's in French, maybe there is some rare scenes.

(Thanks to MJdatabank for the interview)

Girl explains that she saw Michael in 1996 during he produced Stranger in Moscow and Michael enjoyed for having his wax statue, she also explains that she invited Marcel Marceau for making a surprise to Michael and at the end of the video she says Michael gave his jacket, pants and shoes for his wax statue.

(sorry for my bad english:D)

Last edited:
Back