Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: April 18th

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~April 18~

The Jackson 5 appear with Diana Ross on her first solo TV Special. They perform Mama’s Pearl/Walk On/The Love You Save, It Was a Very Good Year (Spoof by Michael), I’ll Be There and Feelin’ Alright (with Diana) + a sketch with Bill Cosby. [Video @ the end]

The single Little Bitty Pretty One is released by Motown.
Cover310.jpg

Joe Jackson arranges for the whole family , including sisters Rebbie, LaToya & Janet to perform twice a day a family show at the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas ( Nevada ). Katherine attends every shows. (10 of 15 shows)

Michael is seen in Orlando (close to Disney world )

First day : Michael & Lisa Marie welcome 46 youth from 17 countrries at Neverland for the World Children Congress.
neverland-1995.jpg

It is announced that Michael has hired English music mogul Guy Holmes as new manager who is also named CEO of Two Seas Records, the label founded by ruler Sheik Abdulla Hamad Al-Khalifa & Jermaine Jackson. Michael is currently writing a new album which is due for release late next year on 2 Seas Records.

Dr Allan Metzger visits Michael & the kids at their Carolwood home.
allan-metzger_303x328.jpg

Jackson 5 perform *Mama’s Pearl/Walk On/The Love You Save, It Was a Very Good Year (Spoof by Michael), I’ll Be There and Feelin’ Alright (with Diana) + a sketch with Bill Cosby.*
[video=youtube;D5tyDOGVswc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5tyDOGVswc[/video]

Quote of the day: "You are not alone, I'm here with you, though we're far a part, you're always in my heart…"
-Michael Jackson, YANA​

***Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day

Have a wonderful day :heart: :)

Hey, I :love: this thread, honestly.... It's like a Michael 'diary'...
I was exactly 'waiting' for this :blush: NOW, my day can start too ;) Yep, it's 11 AM here already...

Hmmm... just a little 'thought'... I didn't know that Dr. Metzger visited Michael in Carolwood drive... Wonder what he thought of Michael's condition? I think I will always wonder and fret WHY didn't another doctor STEP in and SAVE Michael :no:

Weren't there any 'rehearsals' of This is it that day? :blink:

Anyway, have a great day :better:

The pic with Alan Metzger in the first post isn't from 2009 though, it's from 2003 when Michael was at a charity event which raised funds for people with Lupus disease. :)

By the way, I love the idea of these threads! Sometimes when I wake up, I'm wondering what Michael actually has done on the same day in the previous years, and now I can get to know it everyday :D

Back