Today FM Vote the best #1 single of all time in Ireland_ POLL CLOSED - Billie Jean comes in #2

SimoneMJJ

Proud Member
The Irish Singles Chart has cut the coveted milestone of 50 years and Today FM, in collaboration with the Irish Daily Mail, suggests a survey on the best #1 single of all time in this chart.

http://www.todayfm.com/Music/numberone.aspx

You can vote all the #1s of the list and if there isn't your favorite, click on Other and write in the space the name of the artist and the name of the song in this way: Michael Jackson - You Are Not Alone (for example).

Michael topped the Irish Singles Chart with 9 different singles:

1981 - One Day In Your Life
1983 - Billie Jean (already in the list)
1987 - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
1987 - Bad
1987 - The Way You Make Me Feel
1989 - Leave Me Alone
1989 - Liberian Girl
1991 - Black or White
1995 - You Are Not Alone

Despite requiring the mail to vote, THE VOTES ARE UNLIMITED!!!. Also voting for the other, advice to focus our attention on Billie Jean and obviously....vote and spread the words!!! ;)

P.S. If you want to vote I Just Can't Stop Loving You, you must write Michael Jackson with Siedah Garrett as name of the artist.

Re: Today FM/Irish Daily Mail: Vote the best #1 single of all time in Ireland

I VOTED for Billie Jean by MJ!!!!

Billie jean Voted

voted for Billie Jean! :)

Billie Jean it is :clapping:

Billie Jean voted too!

Voted
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean

Voted Billlie Jean all the way.

Good idea to focus on the one song to prevent splitting the vote even though I'd like to vote for them all.

Voted for Billie Jean and Liberian Girl
couldn't help it

Up! :)

Billie Jean closes at #2 behind I Useta Lover by Saw Doctors :(

Saw Doctors is an Irish band that had great fame in the '90s, and had three #1s (therefore, less dispersion of votes in the poll) to date. The song that won the poll, was their first hit and holds since long time the title of best selling single of all time in Ireland.

Theoretically, it would be a second place of honor and be proud of, but it is pesky to be always second behind the usual household idol ..... I hope that with Bad 25 or another major poll, Michael will return to #1. He is missing from the top step of the podium since a while.

Billie Jean closes at #2 behind I Useta Lover by Saw Doctors :(

Saw Doctors is an Irish band that had great fame in the '90s, and had three #1s (therefore, less dispersion of votes in the poll) to date. The song that won the poll, was their first hit and holds since long time the title of best selling single of all time in Ireland.

Theoretically, it would be a second place of honor and be proud of, but it is pesky to be always second behind the usual household idol ..... I hope that with Bad 25 or another major poll, Michael will return to #1. He is missing from the top step of the podium since a while.

I Useta Lover isn't Ireland's best selling single since the god awful "There's a whole lot of loving" by the short-lived Irish pop band Six. I think it's a good results considering that clearly a lot of people wanted an Irish track as number 1.

Back