Toaster

Dtwmjj

Proud Member
Is Michael the first one to do the toaster thing and was it his idea, creation

I'm not sure.More than likely,yes Michael was the first musician to use the "toaster" stage illusion,but he obviously didn't invent it.

To this day,I still want to be able to do the "toaster" for real.One day...

I don't know if he was the first, but I've heard other artist's production refer to it as the "Michael Jackson lift". That kind of makes me feel he was (maybe) the first to use one on-stage live?

I was just wondering cause i remember when he jumped into the air and landed on his feet, man that was awesome. You see other artists do it now and i would like to do it just to feel the adrenaline

What do you guys call the toaster exactly ?
Is it the jump in the introduction of the Dangerous Tour just before Jam for example ?

I think that Beyonce used the toaster (or something very similar at least) during last year's Super Bowl halftime show to introduce the other two members of Destiny's Child to the stage. After all it makes sense, since those three (especially Beyonce) are big fans of Michael and were hugely inspired by him.

Rey Mysterio used to the toaster move on his WWE entrance until he stopped using it in late 2006 because of his knee injury. I bet they used the same idea from Michael.

I think that Beyonce used the toaster (or something very similar at least) during last year's Super Bowl halftime show to introduce the other two members of Destiny's Child to the stage. After all it makes sense, since those three (especially Beyonce) are big fans of Michael and were hugely inspired by him.

Destiny's Child also used the Toaster for their final tour together

I loved when he did that. Then he would just stand there and wait to start. The crowd goes crazy lol. I feel there are a lot of things Michael did that a lot of people today would love to try to do as well.

154329.jpg

Plus the toaster thing is just so bad-ass. Who else could start a concert by leaping out of the stage and standing there for two minutes doing nothing while fans scream and faint. I don't know what people would think if it were any other artist that tried this.

I remember reading somewhere that Janet went to a show on the Dangerous tour. She was sitting out in the sound tower and when Michael popped out of the stage she just started screaming "F*** YEAH MIKE, GET EM!" and people started looking at her funny.

Back