TMZ: Michael Jackson's Funeral Expenses/Janet Fronted $49K for MJ's Funeral

MJJ:G.O.A.T

Proud Member
Michael Jackson Funeral Expenses

Posted Nov 10th 2009 5:50PM by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's Forest Lawn funeral costs total $855,730.31, according to documents just unsealed by the court.

110_mj_funeral_doc_getty.jpg

The costs for the Glendale Police Department and city support $175,086.31.

As for itemized costs, the internment was $590,000. As for upkeep of the mausoleum -- $88,500.

The casket coach -- $295

Private security, lighting, baby grand piano, fan rentals -- $176,020.31.

And there's this -- Framing of a photo of MJ which was placed next to the casket -- $3,682.66

Wardrobe for the family -- $1,975.50

Flower van -- $125

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0WVZVHBEI

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janet Jackson Fronted $49K for MJ's Funeral

Posted Nov 10th 2009 6:42PM by TMZ Staff

1110_janet_jackson_92334918_ex.jpg

The only Jackson who was flush with cash -- Janet -- put her money on the line to cover some of the cost of Michael's funeral, this according to legal documents that were just unsealed.

In the docs, it shows Janet signed an "initial contract with Forest Lawn for mortuary services in the amount of $103,578.50" and paid $49,372.50 of the bill up front.

According to the docs, the special administrators of Michael's estate were granted permission to pay Janet back the $49k and to pick up the remainder of her outstanding tab.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0WVbBNA9D

Last edited:
Re: TMZ: Mike's Funeral Expenses/Janet Fronted $49K for MJ's Funeral

That's my baby Janet.

Thanks for posting.
btw, this MJ pics below the 'EXCLUSIVE', I'd like to have it in its original... if anybody has it, thanks.

Nice to know every single detail! Seriously where do they find this????

It says unsealed court documents so I guess the judge unsealed them and the public (and/or media) is now allowed to access them.

put her money on the line to cover some of the cost of Michael's funeral, this according to legal documents that were just unsealed.

thank god she got her money back , joe should sue the estate for interests

My personal opinion:

WE don't know what Janet's given or not. The fact that this came out is minuscule.

I bet Janet is doing a LOT more than what we see in the public eye.

My personal opinion:

WE don't know what Janet's given or not. The fact that this came out is minuscule.

I bet Janet is doing a LOT more than what we see in the public eye.

Me too!

I snuck in here to say one thing - it seems that whenever one comes to the News & Happening forum it is one TMZ 'article/story' after another. It is almost as if we delight in these discussions/recriminations/arguments/speculations.

Maybe we should step away from these stories for a little bit, and look to bring a more positive energy to MJJC. There is not every single thing that we need to know as it pertains to Michael.

Why are these 'details' so important for TMZ to put out there? I don't see details of Farrah's funeral being publicized.

I snuck in here to say one thing - it seems that whenever one comes to the News & Happening forum it is one TMZ 'article/story' after another. It is almost as if we delight in these discussions/recriminations/arguments/speculations.

Maybe we should step away from these stories for a little bit, and look to bring a more positive energy to MJJC. There is not every single thing that we need to know as it pertains to Michael.

although I have the utmost respect for Janet...I do have to agree with you on this one...It is really heartbreaking to know how much Michael's funeral cost.....God Bless Janet.....and I agree with those who said that Janet does a bunch more that we do not see.

btw, this MJ pics below the 'EXCLUSIVE', I'd like to have it in its original... if anybody has it, thanks.

Me too! He's so dreamy...*Sighs*. =)
Good job on the pic this time, TMZ! =P He's smiling ever so slightly here. They never ever show him smiling.

becuz they know there are thousands of MJ fans that will follow their :bs like a clockwork

exactly. look at the latest poll they have on their site about which side (katherine or joe) you are on. there's 74 thousand votes on that topic.

also they broke the story of MJ's death and it looks like (and they also say that) they are determined to follow this through, they mentioned sometimes there's upto 15 people working on MJ news. Today Katherine's lawyer said that he heard that Joe filed this claims against the will and estate from TMZ.

you can like or dislike TMZ, believe or do not believe them but it looks like they will be the main information source about anything related to MJ.

ugh, can you imagine what Michael would have thought of the fact the TMZ is now our main news source on him? :(

I think Janet should have paid for it all. she's gonna tour soon. she'll recoup all of it easy.

one of those books says that michael was paying all bills incurred in hayvenhurst so i imagine janet is now doing that till the money comes in. picture her not looking out for her mom. janet loved her brother though.

Why are these 'details' so important for TMZ to put out there? I don't see details of Farrah's funeral being publicized.

There's hardly any demand for Farrah death news (this is from a Farrah fan, me) and MJ's death get the news because it was so unexpected and because there are people that are reading the MJ news so they want to keep the blog views so they report MJ's death news.

Seeing figures on paper just makes everything seem to real. Sometimes I'm just convinced that this is a bad nightmare that I haven't woken up from yet.

whys everything so expensive. cause the prices doubeld when mjs name came up?cant the family afford thier own clothes. he has to pay for everything even now

And there's this -- Framing of a photo of MJ which was placed next to the casket -- $3,682.66

geez is that a solid gold frame or what? :mello: thinking whoever the framing company is were just taking advantage... makes me think of the story of Michael taking Prince or Blanket to a dentist, they charged a crapload, so he had someone else take them anonymously and it only actually cost a couple hundred or something :mello:

I've always loved Janet as an artist. But now I realize how beautiful a person she really is. It's a blessing she's still with us!

well i see this as the only new mj news that we'll have for awhile. it's to do w/his death and i think some fans, while they may not look forward to it, see it as somewhat of a diversion.

simply if they don't like it, i always say do not click the link. two pages indicates there is somewhat of an interest

whys everything so expensive. cause the prices doubeld when mjs name came up?cant the family afford thier own clothes. he has to pay for everything even now

Wouldn't suprise me. There are multiple stories of people charging MJ a ridiculous amount of money for things just because he's MJ. You can imagine it now:

Person 1:'OK, this item costs $300.'
Person 2:'Hey, look its Michael Jackson and he wants to buy this.'
Person 1: 'Did I say $300, I meant $3000.'

Well I think it's nice of Janet, I am surprised that the estate has to pay her back. If that was my brother or immediate close family member, and I had the money, I wouldn't ask to be paid back, rather it would come from the heart. I mean it's just natural for my family to help each other out, we always have, and alway will. And I'm sure others out there come from the same type of mentality when it comes to our family members. JMHO.

Then again, maybe Janet really needs the money, that's understandable.

Well.... I might sound strange, but... I wish I could leave all paid for my funeral, so no one has to worry about it. The ones we leave behind have to enough suffering to deal with. So if there is anything that I can do to lessen their burden, I will try to do it. I see it as a proof of love to the ones we leave behind.

Ooppss... it's hard to write about one's passing. But it's healthy, so they know what to do or not to do. Of course, I also understand this might be a difficult topic, depending on our cultural background. So it doesn't sound soooo strange if the Estate has to pay for this.

But anyway... what was so different about the frame for MJ pic??? :-O

That's a great point you bring up, PCR! :)

Seriously, this exact scenario happened with my dear beloved grandmother, whom died in November 1992 at the age of 82 yrs. old (boy how I miss & love her so much!). After she died my auntie found $1000 she had saved up for her own funeral hidden beneath her mattress. It broke my heart, I cried so much, I remember sending grandma money when I was in college because I wanted her to buy something for herself, and she would send me money right back. But that's the way she was, always thinking about others, considerate until the very end, saving up money (what little she had) for her own funeral. She specifically stated that the money was to go for her funeral, she wanted to pay for it herself. Oh granny how I love & miss you forever...

she's being paid back only b/c the family asked if the estate could pay for the funeral. so jan fronted some of the costs. had they not asked that, im sure she would've paid no problem

That's a great point you bring up, PCR! :)

Seriously, this exact scenario happened with my dear beloved grandmother, whom died in November 1992 at the age of 82 yrs. old (boy how I miss & love her so much!). After she died my auntie found $1000 she had saved up for her own funeral hidden beneath her mattress. It broke my heart, I cried so much, I remember sending grandma money when I was in college because I wanted her to buy something for herself, and she would send me money right back. But that's the way she was, always thinking about others, considerate until the very end, saving up money (what little she had) for her own funeral. She specifically stated that the money was to go for her funeral, she wanted to pay for it herself. Oh granny how I love & miss you forever...
sad. hug. my grandpa left some money for his funeral too.

Back