Time Waits For No One uncanny resemblence to Who's Right Who's Wrong (Kenny Loggin)

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I think the chord progression in the verses in these two songs are the same but not only that but the verse structure seems very similar.

Kenny Loggins - Who's Right Who's Wrong

[youtube]GW65ymXGk1k[/youtube]

0:17 - 0:44

I've grown tired of fighting
Whether you're right or wrong
Whether I'm weak or strong in your eyes
This is a lonely feeling
Watching you turn away
Why does it have to be this way?

The Jacksons - Time Waits For No One

[youtube]S9nhTLWuJfU[/youtube]
0:54 - 1:19

If only I had shown her love
She'd be with me
Deep inside me
My love, my love
She'd be with me
Deep inside me

I Couldn't help but notice the similarity on the bolded part. Yeah, and as you know, MJ provided backgrounds vocal for Who's Right Who's Wrong...

Last edited:
Michael didn't write Time Waits For No One. Jackie and Randy did.

I don't think I've heard the Kenny Loggins song before-I liked it-they do sound a little similar. I've always liked "Time Waits for No One"-a little foreshadowing to "She's Out of My Life."

Im not sure what you mean by a forshadow of SOOML? Michael nor the Jackson's wrote that song. It was written by Tom Bahler about his Girl friend Rhonda Rivera.

Im not sure what you mean by a forshadow of SOOML? Michael nor the Jackson's wrote that song. It was written by Tom Bahler about his Girl friend Rhonda Rivera.
Oh, yes, I know-I didn't mean the songwriting-I meant the vocals. The heartache and pain that came out in his adult voice.
Actually, my mind just started racing with unconnected thoughts I guess, when I was listening to the song and it made me think about the stories that came out from Quincy and crew taking a lot of credit for Michael and his adult voice for SOOML-FIRST time to express adult longing and pain, etc. and that made me go back to the Jacksons TV show when I heard Michael sing with that adult voice for the first time-he sang some old jazz standard songs that were just beautiful-really beautiful and romantic-I was already crazy about him since I first laid eyes on him at 11-but this was different.
It was just an opinion and my mind was just wandering around-In reality "Time Waits for No One" and Triumph came after OTW, so that wasn't a good example.

Last edited:
Back