Time magazine releasing a special mid-week issue for MJ

Eric

Proud Member
Time magazine is going to have a special issue dedicated to MJ hitting news stands on Monday.

Michael Jackson Covers Time Magazine

michael-jackson-time-magazine-cover.jpg

Time magazine will publish a $5.99 special commemorative issue on Michael Jackson to hit newsstands on Monday, June 29.

For the special commemorative issue, Time spoke with Stevie Wonder, Whitney Houston, Tina Turner, Nancy Reagan, Lenny Kravitz, Jesse Jackson, Tommy Mottola, Berry Gordy, Spike Lee, Sheryl Crow, Anjelica Huston, Clive Davis, Al Sharpton, Deepak Chopra, Kobe Bryant, Lance Bass, Oscar De La Hoya, Savion Glover, A.R. Rahman, Peter Gabriel, John Mayer and more.

Stories from the commemorative issue will appear on Time.com Sunday.
Time last published a special edition in the days following 9/11 (it sold 3.25+ million copies stateside).

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/06/27/michael-jackson-covers-time-magazine/#more-366502

Wow. Based on that list, it sounds as it may be what he has always deserved. I hope so. And if so, we need to that Time Magazine.

Wow, that photo is excellent. Can you buy this in England? I would like a copy :(

I still cant get used to seeing his name and those dates, its all so wrong.

Wow. TMZ says that the last time Time did such a special edition between weekly editions was after 9/11 attacks.

Thanks to Time Magazine for seeing the significance and magnitude of Michael.

I just wish that he had gotten to fulfill his dream with these concerts and see his children grown. I think that I could have taken things better.

I does just seem very wrong.

I just wish that he had gotten to fulfill his dream with these concerts and see his children grown. I think that I could have taken things better.

Yes, if he was an old man in at least 20 years + it would still of course be painful, but it just seems so unfair now. The story was unfinished. :no:

yeah my sadness is profound. i have never experienced anything like it outside my own family

Looking back at that article, I noticed that it states that some of the stories will be online tomorrow.

By the way, for the most part, CNN's coverage this afternoon has been very good with Don Lemon. It is like he is trying to get a sense of the actual human being moreso than anyone else I've seen. I hope that his special will be like that also.

Wow. TMZ says that the last time Time did such a special edition between weekly editions was after 9/11 attacks.

Thanks to Time Magazine for seeing the significance and magnitude of Michael.

I agree, and I will be buying it. I am glad people are mostly being positive about him now and at least he's finally getting the respect he's deserved all these years.
I agree about seeing the dates like that. It's very disturbing every time I see it. It shouldn't have happened like this.

I just finished watching Teddy Riley crying like a baby on CNN while talking about Michael to a reporter. He just lost it. He said the world will never be the same without Michael. He talked about how people said things about Michael but that he knew him for 10 years...his baby daughter knew him....he and his family were invited out the Neverland and had a good time....Mike was so kind to them and told them to stay as long as they wanted. Then he started crying again.

I have been crying all day and still have a heaviness in my chest. Watching Teddy cry made me cry all over again.

I just finished watching Teddy Riley crying like a baby on CNN while talking about Michael to a reporter. He just lost it. He said the world will never be the same without Michael. He talked about how people said things about Michael but that he knew him for 10 years...his baby daughter knew him....he and his family were invited out the Neverland and had a good time....Mike was so kind to them and told them to stay as long as they wanted. Then he started crying again.

I have been crying all day and still have a heaviness in my chest. Watching Teddy cry made me cry all over again.

I saw this too. It was heart-breaking.

Yes, if he was an old man in at least 20 years + it would still of course be painful, but it just seems so unfair now. The story was unfinished. :no:

Yes that's exactly what it is. An unfinished story.

As much as I can accept Michael's death now, part of me still can't swallow it as a reality. Or least I'm wishing that this is just a dream.

Speaking of dream ... I dreamed of Michael last night in my sleep. He was in a tv production studio watching a TV show being recorded along with the other audience. Laughing and smiling. I watched him from afar.

My heart's still heavy. Everything else seems so trivial now.
Is there an online video of Teddy Riley talking to CNN about Michael?

I missed the Teddy part, anyone know where it can be found online?
Or which program was it on? They keep repeating them, they've been showing the same Larry King live all day...

So has anyone been able to find this magazine today?

Back