TII to be premiered on Italian TV on Jan 10th 2010

I do hope it comes out before christmas. I think after the screening Sony will put out some more info on this.

There are limits to how early a film can be shown on TV.
First there must be a minimum time period between the film being in the cinema and being released on DVD to protect cinema profits. This is an agreement in place already and the cinemas refused to allow an exception for 'This Is It' so we know the film can't be released on DVD I think for 90 days minimum from the release date in cinema.
Then there is always a wait between a film being released on DVD and being shown on TV. Again, this is to protect profits from sales of DVDs. We know that MTV just bought the rights to show the film in the US in 2011, so there is no way that an Italian channel could show it January next year.
I don't know how reliable your source is normally, but I'm sorry to say that in this case it's absolute nonsense.

Guys, I put my source but I don't know how much reliable is that.
I don't even live in Italy so may be some Italian fans can clarify that.

Thanks

I live in Rome and many italian fans are trying to figure out if this is a reliable source or not...usually TV here try to promote an event saying "You're going to see this" and then when you watch it "It's something else". I think it's really unlikely that an italian TV is able to have a "World TV Premiere" like this: first because on 10th January the dvd won't be out yet and broadcasting the movie on a free TV like Italia1 would kill sales in Italy and maybe would slow down them also in many countries (can you imagine how many people will record the movie from the TV?).
My opinion is that this is a kind of documentary and of course they are promoting the event in a way that people can think it's the real movie...but it isn't.
Of course I'll keep you updated with fresh news in case ;-)

I live in Rome and many italian fans are trying to figure out if this is a reliable source or not...usually TV here try to promote an event saying "You're going to see this" and then when you watch it "It's something else". I think it's really unlikely that an italian TV is able to have a "World TV Premiere" like this: first because on 10th January the dvd won't be out yet and broadcasting the movie on a free TV like Italia1 would kill sales in Italy and maybe would slow down them also in many countries (can you imagine how many people will record the movie from the TV?).
My opinion is that this is a kind of documentary and of course they are promoting the event in a way that people can think it's the real movie...but it isn't.
Of course I'll keep you updated with fresh news in case ;-)

Hi,
I thought that too when I first read the news, but the article says "la prima tv del film This is it, gli ultimi giorni di Michael Jackson di produzione Sony Pictures."....how many other documentaries have been realized by Sony Pictures on Michael's last days?
Anyway I contacted the author of the blog post, I'll let you know what she/he says...

Hi,
I thought that too when I first read the news, but the article says "la prima tv del film This is it, gli ultimi giorni di Michael Jackson di produzione Sony Pictures."....how many other documentaries have been realized by Sony Pictures on Michael's last days?
Anyway I contacted the author of the blog post, I'll let you know what she/he says...

Yes, the article seems to be very clear...and if it's true, that would be amazing of course.
Thanks for the future updates.

Hi, TII won't be premiered this Sunday on channel Italia 1 like previously announced.
The TV Guide and the the tv promos say that the first two episodes of the latest season of "House MD" will be aired instead.

Back