TII-Live/Pre-Recorded Songs?

SkyWalk

Proud Member
Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me, make a list or something of all the songs that were sang live and the songs that were pre-recorded, also the songs that were pre-recorded were they taken from the album cuts or were they new vocals done recently?

I think parts of TWYMMF were pre-recorded...and maybe all of Man In The Mirror, although I can't really remember it that well...

WBSS - live.

Jam - mimed/dubbed until after the dance routine in the middle.

TDCAU - mimed/dubbed but you can occasionally hear MJ over the pre-record.

Human Nature - live.

Smooth Criminal - bits of it sound mimed but the end sounds live.

TWYMMF - Intro is live, body of the song is mimed/dubbed, the bit after the dance routine is live.

J5 medley - live.

IJCSLY - live.

Thriller - mimed/dubbed.

Beat It - this one is disputed. It sounds live but there are moments where the vocals continue but MJ's mouth doesn't seem to be moving.

BoW - live.

Earth Song - mimed/dubbed.

Billie Jean - mmed/dubbed apart from the adlibs.

MITM - mimed/dubbed apart from a few adlibs.

WBSS - live.

Jam - mimed/dubbed until after the dance routine in the middle.

TDCAU - mimed/dubbed but you can occasionally hear MJ over the pre-record.

Human Nature - live.

Smooth Criminal - bits of it sound mimed but the end sounds live.

TWYMMF - Intro is live, body of the song is mimed/dubbed, the bit after the dance routine is live.

J5 medley - live.

IJCSLY - live.

Thriller - mimed/dubbed.

Beat It - this one is disputed. It sounds live but there are moments where the vocals continue but MJ's mouth doesn't seem to be moving.

BoW - live.

Earth Song - mimed/dubbed.

Billie Jean - mmed/dubbed apart from the adlibs.

MITM - mimed/dubbed apart from a few adlibs.

I agree with that 100%.

Talitha,Jill and Samantha writes
"He was on his way into a rehearsal and later we saw him on stage performing Dangerous and singing live. He looked OK, not giving it his all but certainly not at death’s door… who could have imagined? That night, we all waited for him to leave and as he drove past, he rolled down the window, leaned out and waved."

He was singing live the last evening.
In earth song he sang flowering fields twice.

Earth Song in the film is not live.

The Sun proved it with audio tests by experts and then Sony admitted that old vocals were used.

So if MJ really was singing live on the last night, the filmmakers have dubbed over it with the demo for some reason.

Last edited:
Back