TII bluray - us version region free ?

Screamin

Proud Member
there aint no way im waiting another month until i get my hands on this bad boy!
Im hoping that someone outhere knows if it region free or not on bluray ?

Usually Bluray discs have the same code regions as dvds so if you're going to buy the US version of Bluray that one is a Region 1 bluray and for us in europe it's not possible to read that disc...maybe exists a bluray multiregion player to solve your problem.

there are 3 regions
blurayregionswithkey.jpg

Sony have release alot of BluRays region free but Amazon says region 1. I'm really not sure. The best bet, IMO would be to wait, I know it seems a long time away but the time will just fly past and you'll soon be waiting at the letterbox for it to drop through. :D

I read somewhere that the european version has more extra's on it than the us version.

Is it wrong that I starting singing "A B C, easy as 1 2 3!" when I saw that picture?
laugh.gif

Fortunately for me, PS3 has no region locking =)

My friends PS3 is region locked, as far as I know most blu-ray players are region locked, there may be some work arounds or mods available for the PS3 or other players but out of the box they are region locked. Some blu-ray do not have the region locking usually due to studio choice. Also some suppossedly region locked blu-rays have worked in other region players but this seems to be pretty hit and miss.

My friends PS3 is region locked, as far as I know most blu-ray players are region locked, there may be some work arounds or mods available for the PS3 or other players but out of the box they are region locked. Some blu-ray do not have the region locking usually due to studio choice. Also some suppossedly region locked blu-rays have worked in other region players but this seems to be pretty hit and miss.

I believe you are correct...ps3 is region locked for blue-ray...but not for games....hope this helped..:)

thanks everyone for your input, looks like it might not be region free afterall :(

I just ordered The Simpsons season 20 on bluray from the U.S and that is region free and its out a whole month before it gets released here in the UK :)

thanks everyone for your input, looks like it might not be region free afterall :(

I just ordered The Simpsons season 20 on bluray from the U.S and that is region free and its out a whole month before it gets released here in the UK :)

So, better than nothing! ;)

sometimes blurays are region locked, but there are ways around that sometimes, like pressing triangle and then going to root menu etc, theres a website that shows u region free blurays, soo check them out, they test it themselves.

Back