Ticket Regulations..

Katzr2000

Proud Member
On this site it has details of the regulations for being eligable for the tickets. http://michaeljacksonfuneral.org/

It states...

The Staples Center website has eliminated the text that the offer to win tickets is only valid to United States residents.

However, within the fine print of NEW Official Rules posted at ( http://www.staplescenter.com/media/media0000001101.pdf ) it states that all winners must complete the IRS W-9 tax form, The W-9 requires that you provide your US tax identification number and state under penalty of perjury that you are a United States citizen.

It is possible this is a lawyer mistake in the fine print of the legalese and the intent is to allow anyone worldwide to register.

Additionally, Residents of the states of New York, Florida, and Rhode Island are not eligible to enter and win.

If this is the case, as it was not made clear, many people who have registered and won tickets will not be able to receive them upon collection! What will they do then!?

well jeez seeing as I live IN Rhode Island I guess I will not be attending. This is total and utter bullshit. How in the heck to do people pull those 3 states out of a hat and say that people cannot attend. I think the people who wote those rules where on crack or something something else.

well jeez seeing as I live IN Rhode Island I guess I will not be attending. This is total and utter bullshit. How in the heck to do people pull those 3 states out of a hat and say that people cannot attend. I think the people who wote those rules where on crack or something something else.

did u get a code? maybe you should call up staples to check?

Weird, why would they need Tax info? Must be a mistake.

because you'd be using public facilities that are paid for by US tax payers....

and they are getting extra money from all the taxes paid by all the tourists here just for this event!

Why would they need tax info for that from people that get a ticket? That makes no sense. You don't need to give your tax info if you use facilities that are paid with taxpayer's money.

Why would they need tax info for that from people that get a ticket? That makes no sense. You don't need to give your tax info if you use facilities that are paid with taxpayer's money.

im not a lawyer but it definitely has something to do with it....taxes=public services

Back