Thursday, June 25, 2009 N & Mmmmmm's

MsSnoop

Proud Member
Did you know there are only 6 months until Christmas??

28326166cz6.jpg

Misc Michael Jackson Mentionings:

Michael Jackson show Thriller stops off at Manchester Opera House

ChesterChronicle.co.uk - Will Harris -
MANCHESTER will be 'moonwalking' next week when Michael Jackson celebration show Thriller Live stops off at the Opera House this week. ...

Maroon 5's It Won't Be Soon Before Long renews its aesthetic with ...

Examiner.com - David Woo -
... redefined the signature sound of Maroon 5, drawing influence for the album from 80s artists such as Michael Jackson, Prince, and The Talking Heads. ...

You have to be a creative genius to write songs

Mmegi Online -
Quincy Jones' song writing skills have produced super stars such as Celine Dion and Michael Jackson but the old man himself is less known for his own ...

Michael Jackson is the King of Bling -

So Michael Jackson is skint, right? Every possession from his Neverland ranch auctioned off? In debt to Arab sheiks? A wallet full of mothballs?

Well, while there may be truth in all of the above that hasn’t stopped MJ coming on like a veritable P Diddy ahead of his eagerly anticipated ’This Is It’ concerts.

Not at all, because when he takes to the stage for the first night of his ball-breaking, 50-night residency at London’s 02 Arena next month, MJ will do it wearing over 300,000 crystals - worth a cool $2million.

A spokeswoman for Swarovski Crystal told the UK’s Daily Star: “As the King of Pop, it’s only natural for him to be crowned in crystal.”

And what will come as music to Jackson’s penny pinching ears is: he gets to keep ‘em all afterwards!

Meanwhile, more tickets for the shows have just gone on sale after the first batch sold out in hours. And behind-the-scenes word has it that the gigs are going to be awesome.

And insider revealed: “The Guinness Book of World Records has recognised Michael as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time. And this show certainly lives up to that title. He is raring to go.”

Maybe MJ won’t have stick his crown jewels up on eBay after all…

Copyright : MTV Australia

http://www.mtv.com.au/news/b07516cb-8717-mj-king-of-bling/

***********************************​

michael_jackson.jpg

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MJJC Members

JulesMJ
Marius
laurenjayne

Today in
Michael Jackson History
1983 - Michael Jackson's single "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" hit #8 in the U.K.

1994 - Janet Jackson's single "Any Time, Any Place" hit #2 in the U.S. and #13 in the U.K.

Last edited:
6 months til christmas isn't it?
haha anyway, thanks for the news
still quiet in mj world... WHICH WONT LAST LONG! :D
17 days to go til they start :clap:

Last edited:
Still hard to believe that four months ago none of us expected anything, now in just over two weeks from now it'll be happening... Hope he tours the USA after a successful and record-breaking run in Europe!

Still hard to believe that four months ago none of us expected anything, now in just over two weeks from now it'll be happening... Hope he tours the USA after a successful and record-breaking run in Europe!
I was just looking back over some of the old threads that were asking when do we think MJ will tour again, and stuff like that.. Many ppl gave up hope saying he is done with doing concerts and other things and that maybe he will just make one last album and ride off into the sunset..

I have a month and 3days until my show and I am so counting down. Omg I can't imagine what it would be like for him to come and tour the states... I know I will be buying a ticket for the US show(s) if it happens..

Happy Birthday to the MJJC'ers

The dancers have sighned a 3 year contract! London is not just "it"! Michael will be touring the rest of the world NO DOUBT about it!

So excited about to countdown to the first show July 13 :) and can't wait to see 300,000 crystal that MJ will wearing on stage..wow

:angel: Rest in peace dear Michael! :angel:

You definitely deserve a stress free after life

R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

He was taken away too soon.

Hope he didn't have any pain.

Michael Jackson Love you forever.

Thank you for keeping this going and for titling it the way you did Snoop, I so felt that was cool. Softening things ... thank you for all those mmmmms ... that's what I'm referring to

Not sure if we have a news thread today...

RANDY AND JERMAINE'S STUNNED TEARS FOR BROTHER

MICHAEL JACKSON's brothers RANDY and JERMAINE were speechless with shock when they learned the star was dying.
The pair was among family members who raced to Los Angeles' UCLA Medical Center on Thursday night (25Jun09) when they were informed the Thriller singer was in a coma following a massive heart attack.
And they were so stunned as they waited for news in a private room at the hospital, they were unable to speak.
Jackson family lawyer, Brian Oxman, hugged the two brothers in an emotionally charged meeting just seconds before they were told of Michael's death.
He says, "I received a phone call from Randy Jackson's assistant, and she told me that Michael had been taken to the hospital. I then got ahold of Randy and said, 'Randy, what's happening?' and he said, 'Brian, he's going to hospital, meet me at the hospital.'
"I went to the UCLA Medical Center and got there before Randy did. And when he came in a few minutes later we just saw each other in the emergency room and he started crying. I had my arms around him. We couldn't even speak. We just hugged one another in the emergency room and then he broke away and went into another room.
"Jermaine Jackson then came in and tears were streaming down Jermaine's face, and I said 'Jermaine...' - and he couldn't talk. He just cried and he hugged me. Then he went into the other room, and I knew what had happened."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/randy-and-jermaines-stunned-tears-for-brother_1107820

GLASTONBURY SHRINE TO JACKSON

Legendary British rock festival GLASTONBURY has turned into a shrine to MICHAEL JACKSON in the wake of the star's shock death.
More than 130,000 music fans descended on a farm in Somerset, western England this week (begs22Jun09) for the annual three-day event, which begins on Friday (26Jun09).
But when news of the tragedy spread across the site on Thursday evening (25Jun09), festival-goers paid extraordinary tributes to the Thriller star.
Dozens of merchandise tents and food stalls blasted out Jackson records while thousands of fans held all-night candlelit vigils in the surrounding fields.
And rumours are gathering that many of the festival's top acts this year - including Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, and reformed British rockers Blur - will perform cover versions of Jackson hits in tribute to the star.
Festival-goer Mark Barnaby, 22, tells WENN: "I've been coming to Glastonbury for eight years and I've never seen anything like it. It's almost as if the entire event is now one big tribute to Michael. Everyone is walking around in total shock. Lots of people were in tears when they heard the news."
Festival organiser Emily Eavis writes on her Twitter.com page, "There will be tributes all over the site, all weekend."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/glastonbury-shrine-to-jackson_1107822

Arena screens giant photo of Jackson

Published Date: 26 June 2009

A giant screen showing a photograph of Michael Jackson was on display outside London's 02 Arena where the self-styled king of pop was due to complete a sell-out 50-date residency, now fans must wait to see what happens with regards to tickets in the wake of the singer's death.
Underneath a black-and-white image of Jackson dancing, a message read: "At this moment our thoughts are with Michael's children, family and friends.

"We will announce ticketing information in due course."

Fans from around the world queued through the night at the south-east London venue to get their hands on tickets for Jackson's 50 This Is It shows when they went on sale in March.

Concert organisers then declared they were the fastest-selling tickets in London ever, with 750,000 people snapping up seats.

Tickets sold at a rate of 11 per second, 657 per minute and nearly 40,000 an hour

http://www.worthingherald.co.uk/latest-london-news/Arena-screens-giant-photo-of.5406157.jp

Michael Jackson: 1958 - 2009

Updated on 26 June 2009
By Stephanie West
In terms of commercial success and awards, Michael Jackson was the most successful entertainer ever.
try { C4VIDEO.PUBLIC.serviceData = {"videoplayer":{"conf":{"@omnitureUtility":"","@backgroundImageURL":"","@autoStart":"false","@clipRefId":"260609_jackson_obi_nan_26","@continuousPlay":"false","@name":"260609_jackson_obi_nan_26","@preloadBgColor":"","@lineupRefId":"","playerImages":[],"@playerCssPath":"","@playerId":"1184614595","@playerHeight":"253","@advertisingURL":"http://realmedia.channel4.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_mjx.ads/test.news.channel4.com/index_new.jsp/1620511780@x69?","@playerWidth":"278","@alternativeShell":""},"@method":"config","@ver":"1.0"},"@tm":"0.0020","@status":"ok"}; } catch(e) {} try { C4VIDEO.PUBLIC.player.customTargetDivId = "videoPlayer0"; } catch(e) {} He was a child star by the age of nine with his brothers in the Jackson Five and his solo album Thriller - released 25 years ago - is the biggest selling album ever.
Sir Paul McCartney said his music will be remembered forever and described him as "a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul".
Michael Jackson's perpetually bizarre personal life attracted as much attention as his musical talent, from persistent allegations of child abuse to his ever-evolving physical appearance.

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/arts_entertainment/music/michael+jackson+1958++2009/3233857

Jackson Tour: Fans 'Will Get Full Refunds

/**/.hidden{display:none;visibility:hidden;width:0px;height:0px}.footer{clear:both}/**//**/#mainContent .moduleHeader h2{font-size:1.8em;font-weight:bold;color:#fff;padding:14px 10px 0px 22px}/**/#mainContent{width:770px;margin:10px 0px 0px 0px}#mainContent .moduleHeader{width:770px;background:url(http://www.key103.co.uk/udf/../images/article2A-topcap.gif);height:50px}#mainContent h4,#mainContent h5,#mainContent h6{color:#333;font-size:1.2em}#mainContent p{color:#333;font-size:1.2em;padding-bottom:10px}/**/#mainContent a{color:#e1007e;text-decoration:none}#mainContent a:hover{color:#333}/**/#mainContent .videoHolder{float:right;margin:0px 0px 0px 5px}/**/#mainContent img{border:none 0px #fff}#mainContent .storyImage{float:left}#mainContent .storyImage img{border:1px solid #000;margin:0px 10px 0px 0px}/**/#mainContent .smallText{font-size:80%}#mainContent .Headline{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;color:#333;font-size:1.4em}/**/#mainContent .Text{font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;color:#333}/**//**/#mainContent ul.inline li{display:inline}#mainContent ul{}/**/#mainContent li{}/**//**/.standFirst{font-weight:bold;padding-top:10px}/**/#relatedLinksInsert{width:515px;float:left}#relatedLinksInsert .moduleContainer{width:500px;float:left}#mainContent #relatedLinksInsert .moduleHeader{background:url(http://www.key103.co.uk/udf/../images/article1A-topcap.gif) no-repeat;height:50px}#mainContent #relatedLinksInsert h3{font-size:1.8em;font-weight:bold;color:#fff;padding:14px 10px 0px 22px}#relatedLinksInsert ul{list-style:none}#relatedLinksInsert li{font-size:1.1em}#relatedLinks{padding:5px 0px 10px 0px}/**/#articleAdInsert{padding:0px 10px 5px 0px}.imageCaptionContainer{padding:0px 10px 8px 0px;float:left}.imageCaption{font-weight:bold}/**/ select{font-size:1em;font-weight:bold;color:#000}/**/input{font-size:1em;font-weight:bold;color:#000}/**/.textBox{border:1px solid #000;background:#fff!important}/**/input.medium{background:#fff!important;border:1px solid #000;color:#000}button,.button{font-weight:normal;font-size:1em;color:#000}textarea{border:1px solid #000;font-size:1em;font-weight:bold;color:#000}/**/#mainContent .submitbutton{font-weight:normal;font-size:1em;color:#000}#mainContent .warningMessage{color:#333;font-size:1.2em;text-transform:uppercase}/**//**/input.short{width:70px}input.medium{width:150px}input.long{width:300px}/**/#mainContent table{color:#333;font-size:11px}/**//**/#mainContent table.formattedTable{}/**/#mainContent table.formattedTable th,table.formattedTable th a{}/**/#mainContent table.formattedTable td{}/**/#mainContent table.formattedTable td a{}/**/#mainContent table.formattedTable tr.rowOdd{}/**/#mainContent table.formattedTable tr.rowEven{}/**//**/#mainContent table.fullWidth{width:750px}/**//**/.CellBackground0{background-color:#000;color:#FFF}/**/.CellBackground1{background-color:#333;color:#FFF}/**/#mainContent .CellContent0,#mainContent .CellContent1{padding:5px}/**//**/#mainContent .calendarTable{}#mainContent .calendarTable td{background:#e1007e;padding:1px}#mainContent .calendarTable td a{color:#fff;font-weight:bold}#mainContent .calendarTable td.calendarDayCell{}/**/#mainContent .calendarTable td.calendarEmptyDay{background:none}#mainContent .calendarTable td.calendarDayViewed{background:#333}/**/#mainContent .calendarTable td.calendarCurrentDate{background:#000}/**/hr{height:1px;color:#e1007e}.sectSeparatorH{width:15px}/**/.sectSeparatorV{height:15px}/**//**//**//**//**/#mainContent fieldset{border:none 0px #fff}#mainContent legend{/**/font-weight:bold}#mainContent .formRow{clear:both;margin:5px 0px}#mainContent label{display:block;float:left;width:150px;text-align:right;font-weight:bold;margin-top:2px;margin-right:3px}#mainContent label .labelDetails{font-weight:normal;font-size:0.9em}#mainContent .formRowMultiFields{margin-left:153px;/**/}#mainContent .formRowMultiFields img{/**/padding:0px}#mainContent label.spanWidth{width:auto;display:block;text-align:left}#mainContent label.inline{float:none;display:inline;width:auto;text-align:auto}#mainContent .formRowSubmit{margin-left:153px;/**/}#mainContent .EmailForm label{width:80px}/**/.alignLeft{float:left}.alignCenter{text-align:center}.alignRight{float:right}#mainContent img.noFormat{border:none 0px;margin:0px}#mainContent .skynewsVideoContainer{clear:both;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px}#skynewsCopyrightContainer{clear:both}#skynewsCopyrightContainer .skynewsLogo{float:left;width:86px}#skynewsCopyrightContainer .skynewsCopyright{padding-top:2px;font-size:10px;float:left} Sky sources say that all 750,000 fans will get their money back.
A spokeswoman for the venue said full details of the refund policy would be announced shortly.
"Ticketholders should keep hold of their tickets and we will announce ticketing details in due course," a spokeswoman said.
Tickets for the The This Is It tour went on sale in March and sold at a rate of 11 per second, making it the fastest-selling tour in history, according to the online ticket sales website Ticketmaster.
Hundreds of fans queued at the venue for tickets - and a quarter of a million people waited online.
Ticketmaster described it as "the busiest demand for tickets for an event we have ever experienced".
The tour was due to launch on July 8 but was put back to the 13th after the singer said he needed more time to rehearse.
Reports he had skin cancer were denied by the singer's camp.
Fans were offered a full refund but many complained they had already booked flights to come over to the UK.
Tickets went on sale for between £50 and £75.
But they have been changing hands for hundreds of pounds above their face value on the website eBay.
That means many fans who paid more than the face value for their tickets will lose money.

http://www.key103.co.uk/Article.asp?id=1387300&spid=25211

For ***** fans, the blood is on the dance floor

Riddhi Kamal Parekh / DNA
Friday, June 26, 2009 16:59 IST

.article_tools{color:#444;font-size:0.8em;} .article_tools a{color:#444;} .article_tools:hover a{color:#003399;text-decoration:none;} .article_tools img{border:0px;filter:Alpha(Opacity=60);-moz-opacity: 0.6;cursor:pointer;} .article_tools:hover img{border:0px;filter:Alpha(Opacity=100);-moz-opacity: 1;}Stop all the clocks, take the phone off the hook, Michael Jackson is no more. The blood was on the dance floor as the world awoke to the news that the legend, the ultimate thriller, the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, had died of cardiac arrest.
Fans were left shocked. Google's servers temporarily crashed after being flooded by traffic for "Michael Jackson" searches. Others gathered outside his rented house in Los Angeles and mourned. In New York, fans thronged the streets and danced his trademark moves to pay tribute.
Like most celebrities, Jackson's iconic rise to success was never bereft of controversy. In an interview with Oprah Winfrey, he alleged that as a child, he was beaten and ill treated by his father. Later, his pet chimpanzee, Bubbles, his gigantic Neverland mansion, rumours that he'd tried to purchase the "Elephant Man" bones, serious allegations of child molestation, plastic surgery to change the colour of his skin from black to white, numerous nose jobs - all became targets for intense media scrutiny.
It has been a decade since he released his greatest hits compilation, HIStory (1999), and 2008 marked the 25th anniversary of the release of his album Thriller, considered one of the highest-selling albums of all time.
Jackson's contribution to dance and music is culturally significant. He was scheduled to make a comeback with a multi-city, already sold-out concert tour this July. Fans will no longer have the chance to see the legend in person, but his legacy will live on.
What made Michael Jackson the pop icon he was, matched in stature by Elvis Presley, Madonna and The Beatles? His dance moves - the moonwalk and the dancing skeleton? Or the kisscurl on his forhead? His flamboyant style of dressing, with gold-plated military-style jackets and hats, or his falsetto vocals? All these contributed, but his persona was larger than that.
Read some of his lyrics and you might have your answer. "There's a time when you're right and you know you must fight. Leave me alone", he sang, in response to a tabloid portrayal of his life as an amusement park. "I'm not gonna spend my life being a colour," he said, to promote racial harmony.
And never mind the scandals, his ability to stay afloat and firmly on top of the charts regardless of media-bashing came from within. Jackson fans will always remain Jackson fans. They might have discarded the other pop music they once listened to, content with new rock, metal, hip hop, trance and techno.
But for the generation born in the early 80s, Michael Jackson means roots, something you can never discard. They may deny ever having listened to The Backstreet Boys and The Spice Girls, but when it comes to *****, there can be no denial. His contribution to world music is monumental, and rap, hip hop and break beat music would not have been possible without his ground-breaking innovations.
Michael Jackson got his iconic quality from his ability to unify fans across genres. He's the man who taught you the mirror dance; the man whose videos are almost imprinted on your brain; the man you can never take off your playlist; the man who got off the wall; the man who wanted to be bad, dangerous, a thriller; the man who wanted to heal the world. The man who made history.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_for-*****-fans-the-blood-is-on-the-dance-floor_1268756

Like Elvis, Jackson was a King who died young

NEW YORK - Michael Jackson didn't want to be just a superstar. Like the Beatles, he wanted to be the biggest, the undisputed king. He wanted to topple the reigning man with the crown, Elvis.
In the end, Jackson came to resemble Elvis in both the best and worst ways - supremely gifted and successful but also self-destructive and beset by demons. And like Elvis, he died way too young.
"It's just so weird. He even married Elvis' daughter," said author-music critic Greil Marcus, who wrote at length about Presley in his acclaimed cultural history, "Mystery Train."
Elvis Presley died a bloated middle-age man after overdosing on prescription drugs at home in 1977 at age 42. Jackson died Thursday at age 50 after being rushed from his Los Angeles home to UCLA Medical Center.
While endless fame seemed to inflate Elvis like helium, Jackson's fame seemed to scrub away the flesh from his bones.
Like Elvis, Jackson was once beautiful, outrageous, a revolutionary without politics who shook down the walls between black and white. He had the hits, the style, the ego, the talent.
He was the "King of Pop," and he needed only to fill in the life: He married Elvis' daughter. He bought the rights to some of Elvis' songs. Elvis owned Graceland, its name a symbol for a deliverance the singer prayed for until the end of his life.
Jackson had Neverland, a fantasy for a man-child for whom money provided the chance to live in a world of his own.
He did, and did not, want to be like Elvis. In "Moon Walk," a memoir published in 1988, Jackson insisted Elvis was not important to him growing up and that he was unhappy to learn a song he recorded with his brothers, "Heartbreak Hotel," shared the name of Presley's first national hit.
"I swear that was a phrase that came out of my head, and I wasn't thinking of any other song when I wrote it," he wrote. "The record company printed it on the cover as 'This Place Hotel,' because of the Elvis Presley connection.
"As important as he was to music, black as well as white, he just wasn't an influence on me. I guess he was too early for me. Maybe it was timing more than anything else.
"By the time our song had come out, people thought that if I kept living in seclusion the way I was, I might die the way he did. The parallels aren't there as far as I'm concerned, and I was never much for scare tactics. Still, the way Elvis destroyed himself interests me, because I don't ever want to walk those grounds myself."

http://www.coastreporter.net/articl...kson-was-a-king-who-died-young&template=cpart

A part of us has died, mourn rockers

Every performer’s idol, Jackson was an entertainer in the true sense of the term. Even as kid, as part of the Jackson Five band, a plump Michael stood out amongst his brothers with his divine feat (literally). He gave the world break dance and later the pelvis dance, spurning a spate of copycats living off his name. An original thinker, a creative artist and brilliant performer, MJ was a true legend, respected by musicians of all genre. Just like other cult figures Elvis Presley and John Lenon, MJ’s [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]music[/COLOR][/COLOR] broke the barrier between musicians the world over. Here are a few rockers, who mourn the loss of a great singer, composer, musician, dancer and performer.

Lou Majou, veteran rocker from the Northeast
“When I heard of Michael Jackson’s death, I thought that every mortal leaves this earth, but when a legend leaves he takes with him a wealth of talent. But at the same time, he leaves behind such creativity that touches the whole world. Though MJ was more of a dancer-performer, like Elvis Presley, he touched a zillion lives through his music and dance.”

Koko, Agni
“It’s every hundred years that that you come by a legend like Michael Jackson. He redefined the sound of every genre of music, thereby gaining the respect of hardcore rockers and well as classical musicians. He managed to create a wide spectrum within his own genre. A brilliant performer, his compositions might have looked simple on the surface but were complex and had great depth. They just don’t make them like him anymore!”

Sudipto, Cactus
“Legends are born, not made and MJ had all the ingredients that made up a legend. I was nine years old when I heard MJ’s Thriller and got hooked to his music ever since. Just Beat It, The Way You Make Me Feel, Moonwalker... the list is endless! He’s one of the main reasons I do music today. He’s my real inspiration and his loss is very painful. With my childhood hero gone, the boy in me has died.”

Raja, Contraband
“His story is the stuff dreams are made of. A difficult childhood, a child performer, an Afro-American... but he broke all odds and made it on his own steam. Pop music, before him was languishing. MJ is the only guy who can be credited to have made it a world-wide phenomenon. His makeover is legendary. Every musician dreams of bringing in a wave of music which touches people from all parts of the world, all walks of life. This is no simple feat, and only a phenomenon like Jackson could have done it.”

Gaurav, Lakhi Chhara
“Michael Jackson has been a part of my life, as a toddler, as a teenager, and later as a musician. Today I feel that a part of me is no more. But then, how can I forget those carefree days when I used to mimic him... after all that’s where my dreams as a musician took shape. He was as close to me as I am to myself. He is such an inspiration!”

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...as-died-mourn-rockers/articleshow/4707106.cms

TRIBUTE TO MICHAEL JACKSON FROM ONE OF HIS PERSONAL MANAGER

Published Date: 26 June 2009
HRH Arfaq - One of Michael Jackson's personal managers and dear friend said:
"The world will never be the same again without Michael Jackson.

"My thoughts and prayers are with his children and family at this tragic time. Michael and I were very close and in the past few months we worked together on many projects relating to his comeback and future career.

"He was a loving father and passionate about his fans, and he will be greatly missed."

http://www.driffieldtoday.co.uk/news/TRIBUTE-TO-MICHAEL-JACKSON-FROM.5406466.jp

This news topic just describes exactly how I feel. And what kind of a day June 25th was.

The first few posts are glorious and all excited about the new shows to come
And the last few posts...

Leave me speechless

Sony's reply on Michael Jackson.com:

Sony Comments on the Passing of Michael Jackson

NEW YORK, NY – June 25, 2009 – Michael Jackson, one of the most widely beloved entertainers and profoundly influential artists of all-time, leaves an indelible imprint on popular music and culture.

Commenting on his passing, Sir Howard Stringer, Chairman, CEO and President, Sony Corporation, said: "Michael Jackson was a brilliant troubadour for his generation, a genius whose music reflected the passion and creativity of an era. His artistry and magnetism changed the music landscape forever. We have been profoundly affected by his originality, creativity and amazing body of work. The entire Sony family extends our deepest condolences to his family and to the millions of fans around the world who loved him."

Rolf Schmidt-Holtz, CEO, Sony Music Entertainment, said: "Michael Jackson's unsurpassed artistry and beloved music brought joy to every corner of the world. We join today with his millions of fans in expressing our profound sadness and we offer our deepest condolences to his family and loved ones. It was a true privilege for all of us in the Sony Music family to work with one of the most talented superstars in the history of music. We will miss him greatly."

Martin Bandier, Chairman & CEO of Sony/ATV Music Publishing, said: "Michael was the kind of amazing talent that comes along once in a lifetime. He was an incredible recording artist, an insightful businessman, an unmatched performer, and a true icon. To all of us at Sony/ATV Music Publishing, he was also a trusted and passionate partner, who was very proud of our accomplishments. He will be dearly missed. We wish his children and entire family our deepest condolences."

Five of Jackson's solo albums – "Off the Wall," "Thriller," "Bad," "Dangerous" and "HIStory," all with Epic Records, a Sony Music label – are among the top-sellers of all time. During his extraordinary career, he sold an estimated 750 million records worldwide, released 13 No.1 singles and became one of a handful of artists to be inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. The Guinness Book of World Records recognized Jackson as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time and "Thriller" as the Biggest Selling Album of All Time. Jackson won 13 Grammy Awards and received the American Music Award's Artist of the Century Award.

Michael Jackson started in the music business at the age of 11 with his brothers as a member of the Jackson 5. In the early 1980s, he defined the art form of music video with such ground-breaking videos as "Billie Jean," "Beat It" and the epic "Thriller." Jackson's sound, style and dance moves inspired subsequent generations of pop, soul, R&B and hip-hop artists.

You know what comes to mind these last 15 hours?

Why, now, all of a sudden, there is POSITIVITY in the media about MJ?
All of a sudden they can post decent pictures of him, and they remember his achievements, and people admit having been fan when they were young.

And they regret for him having had such a hard life.
But they forget its mostly THEIR doing that gave him such a hard life!

Tina Turner Hoped to See Michael Jackson Live One More Time

Music legend Tina Turner tells Spinner that she is reacting to the death of fellow music icon Michael Jackson much like millions around the world.

"I am shocked and saddened by Michael's passing," Turner tells Spinner. "I, along with his millions of fans, looked forward to seeing him tour one more time. Now, may he rest in peace."

Michael Jackson died Thursday at the age of 50.

http://www.spinner.com/2009/06/26/tina-turner-hoped-to-see-michael-jackson-live-once-more/

Back